kids on skateboards
swimming in pools
living in the same apartment
walking in a white suburb
walking in park
Birdwatching
walking on the footpath

And now...drum...roll...we have "Beach Karen"
This woman believes that black kids don't have the right to come on the same beach as white folk
https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/1823102 ... ean-beach/

She even lay down on the sand to protect it from the little children :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 9:38 am

They should have covered her in sand and then jumped over her, it’s now a steeplechase.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 12:51 pm

I believe when it's racial the term is "Becky". "Karen"s carp about anything and everything and can be POC.

Another thing regarding the Island where this took place, is the locals are predominantly POC.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 12:59 pm

The Becky Steeplechase starts now.
Beckys of all sizes will be buried in the sand and children will run and jump over the obstacles to win prizes.
After that will be the Maze of Karens and the Haunted House of Politicians and Police.Try not to get robbed , screwed or shot in that one.

TwisterUprocker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Apr 2022, 4:28 pm

I thought Becky meant shy nerdy girl

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 4:55 pm

Misslizard wrote:
They should have covered her in sand and then jumped over her, it’s now a steeplechase.

Actually the kids did use her as a steeplechase :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 5:03 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I believe when it's racial the term is "Becky". "Karen"s carp about anything and everything and can be POC.

Another thing regarding the Island where this took place, is the locals are predominantly POC.

Actually the local media there dubbed her "Beach Karen" so that label will stick (although she is a becky)

St Kitts' and Nevis is in the Caribbean. The woman in question is a tourist and while the residents of the island are POC she obviously took this white sandy beach as set aside for foreigners to sun bake.

As she threw her little tantrum it never entered her head that these were primary school kids on an excursion to their own local beach with their teacher. The teacher was the one who confronted her over her behaviour.

The audacity of this woman to do this to locals in their own beach/country is quite mind blowing for me. We had a similar situation when Japanese tourists complained to a manager of a hotel pool in the central Australian town of Alice Springs when aboriginal kids were in the hotel swimming pool. The manager was filmed explaining to the tourists that the kids were actually hotel guests (again school kids on an excursion) and were allowed in the pool.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 6:04 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Actually the kids did use her as a steeplechase :lol:

Now those kids know how to have a good time.Bravo.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2022, 10:43 pm

TwisterUprocker wrote:

It probably did until "BBQ Becky" came along.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 12:30 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
TwisterUprocker wrote:

It probably did until "BBQ Becky" came along.

She ruined it for a generation (or two) of Beckys

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 4:34 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Actually the local media there dubbed her "Beach Karen" so that label will stick (although she is a becky)

St Kitts' and Nevis is in the Caribbean. The woman in question is a tourist and while the residents of the island are POC she obviously took this white sandy beach as set aside for foreigners to sun bake.

As she threw her little tantrum it never entered her head that these were primary school kids on an excursion to their own local beach with their teacher. The teacher was the one who confronted her over her behaviour.

The audacity of this woman to do this to locals in their own beach/country is quite mind blowing for me. We had a similar situation when Japanese tourists complained to a manager of a hotel pool in the central Australian town of Alice Springs when aboriginal kids were in the hotel swimming pool. The manager was filmed explaining to the tourists that the kids were actually hotel guests (again school kids on an excursion) and were allowed in the pool.

The fact that it even has to be explained is so sad. That anyone can leap to the conclusion groups of kids must not belong somewhere because of the color of their skin is ridiculous. These incidents cause real, long term harm. The kids don't forget.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 8:03 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

The fact that it even has to be explained is so sad. That anyone can leap to the conclusion groups of kids must not belong somewhere because of the color of their skin is ridiculous. These incidents cause real, long term harm. The kids don't forget.

It's a bit hard to imagine someone thinking black kids didn't belong there, given that 90% of the population is black. Like saying Japanese kids don't belong on Okinawa beaches.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 8:04 am

It's a bit hard to imagine someone thinking black kids didn't belong there, given that 90% of the population is black. Like saying Japanese kids don't belong on Okinawa beaches.

Maybe she just doesn't like kids.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 9:53 am

All children deserve beach time, they used it appropriately by having fun.
Karen didn’t, she deserved to be jumped over like the obstacle she was.
I hope she got sand in her coochie.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 10:01 am

Hmmm, Beach Karen. I see a whole marketing campaign here, similar to the Barbie franchise.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2022, 10:03 am

/\She comes with a cell phone to call the police.