Arrest in South Carolina Mall mass shooting

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2022, 8:48 am

Police arrest a suspect in the South Carolina mall shooting

Quote:
Police have arrested a 22-year-old male in connection with a shooting at a busy shopping mall in South Carolina's capital on Saturday that left 14 people injured.

Columbia Police Chief W.H. "Skip" Holbrook said one of three people initially detained by law enforcement as a person of interest, remains in police custody and is expected to be charged with unlawful carrying of a pistol. It is not immediately known if the suspect has an attorney who could speak on his behalf.

Holbrook said in a news release Saturday night that 14 people were injured ranging in ages from 15 to 73-years-old. Nine people were shot and the other five people suffered injuries while attempting to flee the mall for safety, police said.

The 73-year-old victim is the only person who continues to receive medical treatment, according to police. All the other victims have been treated and released or will be released shortly, the news release said. No fatalities were reported.

Three people who had firearms were detained in connection with the Saturday afternoon shooting at Columbiana Centre, Columbia Police Chief W.H. "Skip" Holbrook said. He said at least one of those three people fired a weapon.

"We don't believe this was random," Holbrook said. "We believe they knew each other and something led to the gunfire."

People have been settling disputes in America by shooting each other since the countries founding. What is disturbingly recent with these non random shootings is the total disregard for people who are not parties to these disputes.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman