Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 7:18 am

Sand crisis looms as world population surges, U.N. warns
By Emma Farge
April 26, 2022
6:21 AM CDT
https://www.reuters.com/business/enviro ... 022-04-26/
"
Sand is the most exploited natural resource in the world after water, but its use is largely ungoverned, meaning we are consuming it faster than it can be replaced by geological processes that take hundreds of thousands of years, the U.N. Environment Programme (UNEP) report says. read more

Global consumption for use in glass, concrete and construction materials has tripled over two decades to reach 50 billion tonnes a year, or about 17 kilogrammes per person each day, it said, harming rivers and coastlines and even wiping out small islands.

"We now find ourselves in the position where the needs and expectations of our societies cannot be met without improved governance of sand resources," Sheila Aggarwal-Khan, director of the Economy Division at UNEP said in the report's foreword. "If we act now, it is still possible to avoid a sand crisis."
"

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 8:03 am

Why do u have a problem with sand being used as a resource?Jesus gave it to us for our use.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 8:06 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Why do u have a problem with sand being used as a resource?  Jesus gave it to us for our use.
Relevant Bible verse, please?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 8:08 am

I don't see much use for sand----except for touristic purposes, or for desert scorpions and that ilk.

It certainly is not a conducive material for agriculture!

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 8:29 am

Fnord wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Why do u have a problem with sand being used as a resource?  Jesus gave it to us for our use.

The Lord gave us dominion over the earth and every creature in it.Every species.We are at the top of the food chain accordind to Jesus in Genesis.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 8:32 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't see much use for sand----except for touristic purposes, or for desert scorpions and that ilk.

It certainly is not a conducive material for agriculture!

Believe it or not I used to have pet scorpions.But I do kind of see yalls point.Because I think it would be better for everyones mental health if development did not happen.All of those things can be commercialized.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 8:39 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
The Lord gave us dominion over the earth and every creature in it.Every species.We are at the top of the food chain accordind to Jesus in Genesis.
That does NOT mean humans are supposed to destroy the world they live on and every other species that lives on it.

By the way, Jesus did not write Genesis.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 8:48 am

Not knowing whether the following is meant to be taken as face-value literal or sarcasm, I'm going to address it as though it is meant literally;

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Why do u have a problem with sand being used as a resource?Jesus gave it to us for our use.

Though the words include 'use', abuse and overuse are very different things from use.

:arrow: Most importantly, from what evidence does that come, "u have a problem with sand being used as a resource?"

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 8:54 am

Fnord wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
That does NOT mean humans are supposed to destroy the world they live on and every other species that lives on it.

By the way, Jesus did not write Genesis.

I was not being literal.I meant the holy spirit did because the holy spirit basically was possesseing Moses and made him the first 5 books of the Bible.No man can kill everyone on earth.Jesus will at his final judgement day.I would rather die by a snipers bullet as a deer than a typical human death.I will continue to kill every kind of species I can and it helps conservation efforts.I wish that people knew rabbit hunters were conservations who cared about the environment .We are the suprior species so we can do pretty much anything we want with animals as long as its humane.We actually do great work for the habitat.I make sure every shot is humane.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 8:56 am

Fnord wrote:

Bingo!

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 8:58 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Not knowing whether the following is meant to be taken as face-value literal or sarcasm, I'm going to address it as though it is meant literally;

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Though the words include 'use', abuse and overuse are very different things from use.

:arrow: Most importantly, from what evidence does that come, "u have a problem with sand being used as a resource?"

I want overuse because thats better for corporate profits and shareholders can make money.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 9:04 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I want overuse because thats better for corporate profits and shareholders can make money.

Looking at that, "I want overuse" ...

And cross-referencing it with the below,

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I wish that people knew rabbit hunters were conservations who cared about the environment

I now write you off and dismiss you as nothing more than a troll.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 9:18 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Looking at that, "I want overuse" ...

And cross-referencing it with the below,

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I wish that people knew rabbit hunters were conservations who cared about the environment

I now write you off and dismiss you as nothing more than a troll.

So why does hunting rabbits bother you?I am just wondering.If I dont snipe them with my .22 they will starve to death.Like a .22 through the heart is way better in my opinion for the rabbit in terms of pain compared to starving to death.I try to give everyone a second chance.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 9:19 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I want overuse because that's better for corporate profits and shareholders can make money.
For someone who loves the Bible so much, you seem to have forgotten what Jesus said in Matthew 19:16-22 . . .
Matthew, the Tax Collector wrote:
The Rich and the Kingdom of God

[16] Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

[17] “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

[18] “Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, [19] honor your father and mother,’[c] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]”

[20] “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”

[21] Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

[22] When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 9:20 am

Fnord wrote:

Bingo!

Revaluation 11:18……and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 9:25 am

Misslizard wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Bingo!
Revaluation 11:18……and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
Ooo ... good one!  The full context being:
John the Beloved wrote:
[16] And the twenty-four elders, who were seated on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God, [17] saying:

"We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
   the One who is and who was,
because you have taken your great power
   and have begun to reign.
[18] The nations were angry,
   and your wrath has come.
The time has come for judging the dead,
   and for rewarding your servants the prophets
and your people who revere your name,
   both great and small --
and for destroying those who destroy the earth."

:D God will eventually destroy those who place profit over stewardship.