Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 1:56 pm

Every time I go in YT for music, I see these names and something about a court case.
I know Johnny Depp is an actor although I'm not sure what he looks like or what he's in.
I have no idea who Amber Heard is, but I assume they had a relationship or they're divorcing.

I don't want to click the links or I'll keep getting more spam about them.
It's already really annoying.

I'm not interested in the details but could someone please give me a brief summary of what it's about?

One sentence responses would be great. 8)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 2:02 pm

Short version: They were married, now they are not, they are blaming each other, and accusing each other of evil.

Shorter version: They are decadent celebrities airing their dirty laundry in public.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 2:04 pm

Merci.

That's what I thought, but the YT headlines make it sound criminal.

Question 2:

Is the "evil", criminal?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 2:07 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Merci.  That's what I thought, but the YT headlines make it sound criminal.
While YouTube can be entertaining, it is better to trust reliable sources instead; but in any case, you should never let YouTube (or any other social media outlet) do your thinking for you.
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Question 2:

Is the "evil", criminal?
If all the allegations are true, they should both be sent to prison.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 2:13 pm

I don't watch the YTs. It's the video titles which seem ridiculously dramatic.

Interesting about prison. I hope no one else was hurt.

Thanks for the update.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 2:21 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Every time I go in YT for music, I see these names and something about a court case.
I know Johnny Depp is an actor although I'm not sure what he looks like or what he's in.
I have no idea who Amber Heard is, but I assume they had a relationship or they're divorcing.

I don't want to click the links or I'll keep getting more spam about them.
It's already really annoying.

I'm not interested in the details but could someone please give me a brief summary of what it's about?

One sentence responses would be great. 8)

Ex-wife Heard wrote an article calling Depp a wife beater, and movie companies started dumping him, so he's suing for defamation in a televised trial - it's a distraction from Russia attacking Ukraine.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 2:24 pm

Supposedly, Johnny Depp sexually abused Amber Heard.

According to Amber Heard, Johnny Depp is a few different people----one "person" shows up when he's on cocaine; another "person" shows up when he's drunk; still another "person" when he's on some pill or other.

Johnny Depp is an actor who has been acting in "alternative" films for the past 30 years or so. People consider him, in a way, somewhat like James Dean.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 2:29 pm

The trial has had humorous moments. Like when an attorney objected to himself. And then there was the muffin incident.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 2:38 pm

Thank you all again for the warnings.
It sounds very triggering so it's best that I avoid the story.

If it wraps up soon please let me know the outcome.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 2:49 pm

Actor Amber Heard divorced him ages ago.
But HE is now suing her for defamation.

She recently published an article in the Washington Post about surviving "an abusive relationship" with an unnamed partner. Meant it to be inspiring to other victims of spousal abuse. Not intended to be vindictive to the unnamed abuser.

Trouble is that the identity of this unnamed partner was obvious to all- including all in the industry. And Johnny Depp was starting to be dropped from movie contracts because of the article.

He burst into fame decades ago, and was recently the main pirate in the HUGE Pirates of the Caribbean Franchise. WAS bankable as heck until now.

So when Depp looses income he is loosing VAST income. Worth a fifty million dollar lawsuit for defamation. So massive moolah rides on this.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 06 May 2022, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 3:22 pm

Idk from everything I have observed or heard about it, kind of sounds like she abused him. I hate to accuse a woman claiming she was abused is a liar but it kind of seems it could be the case. Like it seems to me if he did anything abusive it was probably a reaction to her abuse. So I think the most she could claim is it was a mutually toxic relationship.

Part of it is I watched some of the court case stuff with my brother and she just does not seem sincere, like at one point made a very obvious acting sad face...like people do jokingly with their friends. So maybe she is not 100% lying but just leaving out how she behaved in the relationship. Also she claimed she used some specific make-up to cover bruises but the make up company says their products would not effectively cover up something like that. And it was confirmed she actually pooped in his bed...

Also when I was a kid sometimes people would pick on me by just getting me all worked up till I did something inappropriate like yelling or fighting back and then get the attention of the teacher so I'd get in trouble. She may have been doing that kind of thing to him. Not that it would totally justify if he did anything abusive but it certainly is possible to push people to a point they have a hard time controlling themself.

That said I have to admit even if I don't want to that I am probably baised on my opinions because Johhny Depp has always been my favorite actor, I have greatly enjoyed every movie I have seen with him in it. So of course I don't want to believe he's just some abusive a**hole. But all I get is the he said, she said so there is really no way for sure to tell how it actually all went down.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 4:25 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

She recently published an article in the Washington Post about surviving "an abusive relationship" with an unnamed partner. Meant it to be inspiring to other victims of spousal abuse. Not intended to be vindictive to the unnamed abuser.

Trouble is that the identity of this unnamed partner was obvious to all- including all in the industry. And Johnny Depp was starting to be dropped from movie contracts because of the article.

He burst into fame as Edward Scissorhands decades ago, and was recently the main pirate in the HUGE Pirates of the Caribbean Franchise. WAS bankable as heck until now.

So when Depp looses income he is loosing VAST income. Worth a fifty million dollar lawsuit for defamation. So massive moolah rides on this.

Actually, he got his start on 21 Jump Street

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 6:15 pm

Two equally toxic people in a mutually abusive relationship.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 6:47 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Two equally toxic people in a mutually abusive relationship.

Could be her. Could be him. Could well be both.

I know a guy who sounds a lot like her description of Johnny. Talented popular guy who ...between a bout with lyme disease, dropping too much acid, and taking too many other drugs, recently descended into being a paranoid recluse, or was the last time I heard about him. Not violent, but falsely accuses folks of things. Much like her tales of Depp.

But on the other hand, apparently they confirmed that story about ...what she did to the bed. 8O

They even look alike. When they flash their paired faces on the TV screen...ever notice how similar they look in facial bone structure, nose type, etc? Like he is just an older, better tanned, and heavier male version of the same person as her. Lol!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 7:01 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

He burst into fame as Edward Scissorhands decades ago, and was recently the main pirate in the HUGE Pirates of the Caribbean Franchise. WAS bankable as heck until now.

And had a cameo in the movie that starred Jonah Hill & Channing Tatum.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 7:02 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

And had a cameo in the movie that starred Jonah Hill & Channing Tatum.

Whatever.

My point was that it was back in the Eighties.