Chappelle’s alleged attacker charged with misdemeanors

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 9:39 am

Dave Chappelle's alleged attacker will not face felony charges after DA declines case

Quote:
The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office will not pursue felony charges against Isaiah Lee, the man accused of leaping on stage and attacking comedian Dave Chappelle during a performance a the Hollywood Bowl on Tuesday night.

Lee was, however, charged with four misdemeanors, including battery and possession of a weapon, Los Angeles City Attorney Mike Feuer announced in a press release and video message posted to Twitter on Thursday afternoon.

DA spokesperson Greg Risling said in a statement to CNN: "After reviewing the evidence, prosecutors determined that while criminal conduct occurred, the evidence as presented did not constitute felony conduct."

According to L.A. County inmate records, Lee remains in police custody.

LAPD spokesperson Officer Lizeth Lomeli told CNN on Wednesday that Chappelle "had finished his act and as he was exiting the stage, a male who was part of the audience jumped on the stage and tackle(d) this celebrity to the ground."

Lee, 23, was arrested and taken to a hospital for medical treatment, Lomeli said.

Police described the weapon they say was taken from the suspect as a replica handgun that also included a knife blade.

The motive of the apparent attack remains unclear.

A representative for Chappelle released a statement Wednesday.

"As unfortunate and unsettling as the incident was, Chappelle went on with the show," Carla Sims, Chappelle's representative, said in a statement to CNN. "Jamie Foxx and Chris Rock helped calm the crowd with humor before Chappelle introduced the last and featured musical guests for the evening."

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 1:29 pm

Where can I go to... assault a stand up comic?

I am not picky.

I am willing to get on stage with any old comedian of my own male gender, and ...slap him around!

Nothin personal. I Just wanna be trendy! :D

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 7:17 pm

When Keepin it real goes wrong

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 5:46 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
When Keepin it real goes wrong

:lol: another chappelle fan

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 5:28 am

shades of Will Smith... sigh

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson