US Senate to Vote on Abortion Rights Bill

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 3:09 pm

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-senate-vote-wednesday-abortion-rights-bill-schumer-says-2022-05-08/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 7:45 pm

In my heart, I'm pro-life. But in my head, I know that outlawing abortion isn't going to make it go away. Also, the very people who have taken control of the pro-life movement couldn't care less about caring for children and their families after birth, and even go as far as to condemn those in need as parasites, leaches, and eaters. So, that's why I'm rooting for this abortion bill of rights.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 11:02 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
In my heart, I'm pro-life. But in my head, I know that outlawing abortion isn't going to make it go away. Also, the very people who have taken control of the pro-life movement couldn't care less about caring for children and their families after birth, and even go as far as to condemn those in need as parasites, leaches, and eaters. So, that's why I'm rooting for this abortion bill of rights.

How does that not conflict with your religious beliefs?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 11:09 pm

If it only requires a simple majority, it has a chance.

But if requires 60 votes, we're screwed.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 11:48 pm

i am wondering when the anti-liberty people are gonna go after Griswold vs. Connecticut next.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 11:53 pm

Wave goodbye to premarital sex in USA.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 11:55 pm

the wealthy will always have abortions and premarital sex and divorces/extramarital screwing around that they will deny the rest of us.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2022, 11:59 pm

I mean that no young women (women of any age) are gonna want to put out.
The government is legislating that they own women's bodies.
Women are subhuman with fewer rights than men.
Just the thought of sex would make me cringe, married or not.

If single men think it's hard to find a partner now, it's only going to get worse.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 12:03 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

If single men think it's hard to find a partner now, it's only going to get worse.

in the amuuurican dominionists' [our fake version of xtianity that focuses on conquest and forcible conversion of heathens] view, women are "breeders." i am not making this up. margaret atwood was presciently correct.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 12:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

in the amuuurican dominionists' [our fake version of xtianity that focuses on conquest and forcible conversion of heathens] view, women are "breeders." i am not making this up. margaret atwood was presciently correct.

Don't get me started on Margaret Atwood.

They're controlling women's bodies. Period. (No pun lol).

Women get to:

a) take birth control hormones which harm their bodies
or
b) live with the consequences
whilst
c) the government doesn't support them or help collect money from deadbeat dads.

Yes I know there are deadbeat mothers, but I'm talking about mothers' rights here.

I've said before that I personally wouldn't have an abortion but that's my choice.
Pro-Choice doesn't mean you would have one.
It means the choice is yours, even if you say no.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 12:42 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

How does that not conflict with your religious beliefs?

It just means that abortion isn't a simplistic, black and white issue. At least this way, women who seek abortions can have the procedure in safe, sanitary environments without fear of death. That alone works with my faith.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 1:59 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

What makes you think they don't care? Because they're not adopting all the babies or paying out child support for them? That seems like a pretty weak argument. If de-legalization of abortion takes place, do you think the pro-abortionists will step up and start doing that?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 2:12 am

auntblabby wrote:
the wealthy will always have abortions and premarital sex and divorces/extramarital screwing around that they will deny the rest of us.

I suspect "Greek Sex" may become more popular. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 2:21 am

Quote:
The Loophole by Garfunkel and Oates

Last edited by Pepe on 10 May 2022, 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 2:22 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

What makes you think they don't care? Because they're not adopting all the babies or paying out child support for them? That seems like a pretty weak argument. If de-legalization of abortion takes place, do you think the pro-abortionists will step up and start doing that?

Because they want to gut the social safety net which poor and disabled children and their families depend on. They've demonstrated that they care more about limited taxation even at the expense of those who are in need of federal help. On top of that, the religious right has come up with their own Godless Prosperity Gospel - the notion that God rewards the worthy with worldly wealth, and punishes the unworthy by withholding it - in order to justify the hardhearted policies of the secular right. What is there not to understand?
Whether or not pro-choice persons would care for children if abortion was outlawed isn't the point. The point is, the right has decided caring for the children of others only matters before said children are born, and after they die, but not in between. If they're guided by Christianity like they claim, they should be the greatest advocates for using the scope of the federal government to care for those in need.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2022, 2:29 am

Pepe wrote:
Quote:
The Loophole by Garfunkel and Oates

:lol: :lol: :lol: ! !!