burglar mows homeowner's lawn before stealing his mower

Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

why do you think the burglar mowed that guy's lawn?
obviously he wanted to check to see if the mower worked. :idea: 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
he wanted to balance out his karma. :idea: 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
i've no clue. :scratch: 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
mebbe he's plumb loco? :lol: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
where's my ice cream? :chef: 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 13

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 5:58 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
It would be embarrassing to get arrested for stealing a mower that was broken.
He had to test it out first, a trial run before taking.
I’m sure he will get to mow plenty of lawns in the future at the prison.

For myself I get paranoid what the neighbors will think if my lawn get's overgrown while their's is nice and manicured. Purchasing a lawnmower is a hassle if you don't have a trailer. Easier to borrow/steal thy neighbors.

I ordered an electric one a few years ago and it still runs quite well although I hardly maintain it. But I'm doing my bit to stave off global warming by not using a petrol/gas 2-stroke engine mower.

even better if you can solar-charge it. :sunny:

Actually not a bad idea Blabs!
My dream is to have an AI robot mower with solar cells

think of it as being like an outdoors Roomba - a "Lawnba" if you will. :idea:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 7:31 am

We have a robot vacuum cleaner. It's been sitting in a box next to the box containing a bread maker and a steam cleaner for several years gathering dust.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 5:21 am

if i were you i'd either find a good use for those things or give them as gifts to the deserving.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 5:55 am

Dibbs on the steam cleaner!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 6:24 am

^^^do you live down under?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 9:36 am

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
It would be embarrassing to get arrested for stealing a mower that was broken.
He had to test it out first, a trial run before taking.
I’m sure he will get to mow plenty of lawns in the future at the prison.

For myself I get paranoid what the neighbors will think if my lawn get's overgrown while their's is nice and manicured. Purchasing a lawnmower is a hassle if you don't have a trailer. Easier to borrow/steal thy neighbors.

I ordered an electric one a few years ago and it still runs quite well although I hardly maintain it. But I'm doing my bit to stave off global warming by not using a petrol/gas 2-stroke engine mower.

Haven’t you heard of No Mow May?
You can even get a sign that you are doing your part for pollinators.
https://beecityusa.org/no-mow-may/
I have a battery lawnmower, the best ever,I’d suggest an upgrade to one with a lithium battery.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 9:08 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I have a battery lawnmower, the best ever,I’d suggest an upgrade to one with a lithium battery.

Yes my Ryobi mower runs on a lithium battery, You can swap the battery to operate on any Ryobi electric garden tool.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 9:12 pm

auntblabby wrote:
if i were you i'd either find a good use for those things or give them as gifts to the deserving.

Since COVID my house is full of boxes of unused items that we are too lazy/busy to open. We have a spring clean every year where I leave items outside of my house for collection.

The scavengers who come in their white combivans love us, I once put out my daughter's old violin and a neighbour (who normally doesn't talk to me) came running out of their house and asked why I was throwing away such an expensive item. I told him the string snapped and it's too expensive to fix. He called me wasteful and proceeded to take it away.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 3:24 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Since COVID my house is full of boxes of unused items that we are too lazy/busy to open. We have a spring clean every year where I leave items outside of my house for collection.

The scavengers who come in their white combivans love us, I once put out my daughter's old violin and a neighbour (who normally doesn't talk to me) came running out of their house and asked why I was throwing away such an expensive item. I told him the string snapped and it's too expensive to fix. He called me wasteful and proceeded to take it away.

he should have thanked you and kept his insufferable gob shut.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 May 2022, 3:58 am

@Misslizard: "No mow May"? - must be a US concept! What I have heard off here is Mo-vember where you have your hair shaved to raise funds for cancer patients...

This guy literally took the lawn into his own hands.

Some folks might find it a relief to find their mower taken as it's seldom anyone's favourite chore...now they have an excuse.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 4:51 am

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Many of my millionaire neighbors love rummaging through my hard rubbish, It just goes to prove, money doesn't buy class.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 4:58 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Many of my millionaire neighbors love rummaging through my hard rubbish, It just goes to prove, money doesn't buy class.

all they can think about is how much money it will bring them.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 5:02 am

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

all they can think about is how much money it will bring them.

Perhaps their humble beginnings.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 5:03 am

cyberdad wrote:

you mean like nostalgia?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 5:09 am

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

you mean like nostalgia?

I recall a plastic surgeon and his surgeon wife invited my parents for dinner back in the late 1970s, They live in a triple story house in the most expensive part of Melbourne. In the car ride home my mother couldn't help but notice the wife would only give us one serving of roast chicken (no seconds), no-named non-branded icecream and she would re-use the same tea bag for herself and her husband and one bag for my mother and father. it means she grew up in a household where her parents struggled to make ends meet.

Last edited by cyberdad on 15 May 2022, 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 6:03 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

you mean like nostalgia?

I recall a plastic surgeon and his surgeon wife invited my parents for dinner back in the late 1970s, They lives in a triple story house in the most expensive part of Melbourne. In the car ride home my mother couldn't help but notice the wife would only give us one serving of roast chicken (no seconds), no-named non-branded icecream and she would re-use the same tea bag for herself and her husband and one bag for my mother and father. it means she grew up in a household where her parents struggled to make ends meet.

habits die hard, i suppose.