Page 4 of 23 [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 3:34 am

Nades wrote:
The basics of the news is "who, what where and why" and with no who he have no why and with no why there is no point on even bother to understand what causes this unending spree of shootings in the US.

I am wondering if the news section should have a trigger warning?

WARNING: There may be open discussion and actual investigation of issues/events and phenomenon.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 3:59 am

cyberdad wrote:
Nades wrote:
The basics of the news is "who, what where and why" and with no who he have no why and with no why there is no point on even bother to understand what causes this unending spree of shootings in the US.

WARNING: There may be open discussion and actual investigation of issues/events and phenomenon.

That's basically what "News" is. Alternatively it might be best for members who get triggered by events like this to simply not click on these types of threads.

It's better than clicking, getting triggered knowing full well it'll trigger them and the requesting the thread basically closed.

Not being able to discuss basic details in the news section as a thread lock as far as I'm concerned.

I also have problems with members who might have been triggered making insinuations of glorifying the shooting or perpetrator towards anyone who does something as basic as mentioning a name or identity in the News section.

This has happened to me in the past on a previous thread entailing a similar topic.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 4:28 am

Get a load this excrement of what that douche nozzle, Gosar, tweeted... then didn't have the gonads to defend or stick with.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-paul-gos ... 56886.html

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 8:08 am

I doubt very much that there will be a mention of "autism" as it relates to the mass shooter.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 8:12 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Get a load this excrement of what that douche nozzle, Gosar, tweeted... then didn't have the gonads to defend or stick with.

As of this posting, Snopes has found no evidence to support the claim that Ramos was an illegal immigrant.

Read the Full Article
 HERE 

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 9:19 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

It doesn’t get much lower than this.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 9:22 am

Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
It has to do with someone who has such a grudge and hatred against society that they will harm the most vulnerable to inflict the most pain.
Gun control is a start ,but you have to address why they have this anger and hatred or they will just run someone over with a truck, blow up a building ,or start stabbing.

I think Amuuriia needs to surrender and give up gun ownership.
We may eventually all be slaves to the New World Order, but these attacks will never stop.

Here is what I don’t get, when I went to school guns were easily available and no one shot up a school.
There has to be something else going on, something in the mindset.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 9:23 am

How can being both a "Pro-Life" and a "Pro-Gun" state like Texas make any sense?

KeepWaiting
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 May 2022, 9:30 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
One consistent factor in most mass shootings is the killer is usually a teenager or close to it. I fully expected what I read; "The suspect was an 18-year-old male". So what's causing these kids to go on shooting sprees? Other info makes this look very similar to Sandy Hook. Tragic doesn't begin to describe it. I wonder if like others he exhibited warning signs and or left warning messages.

Do you think video games play a role? I do.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 9:33 am

It’s plausible…yes.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 9:41 am

KeepWaiting wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
One consistent factor in most mass shootings is the killer is usually a teenager or close to it. I fully expected what I read; "The suspect was an 18-year-old male". So what's causing these kids to go on shooting sprees? Other info makes this look very similar to Sandy Hook. Tragic doesn't begin to describe it. I wonder if like others he exhibited warning signs and or left warning messages.

Do you think video games play a role? I do.

It has never been proven that video game violence causes real world violence.

I know what I hate in life and I love the fact that I hate these things in life.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 9:49 am

Misslizard wrote:
Here is what I don’t get, when I went to school guns were easily available and no one shot up a school.

Yep, what is it that is leading people to decide to behave like that?
Therein is the root of it.

The choice to take that course of action: why is the choice to harm, to kill, totally NON-INVOLVED people made?
:?: :?: :?:

:arrow: Also, brings to mind mid 1970s in central Georgia:
Took gun to school for participation in class put on at the school by state natural resources/fish & wildlife department for hunter and sportsman safety so I could get a discount on a fishing license.

I was bullied in school, didn't even dream of shooting and killing people.

Speaking of dreams ...

Was really in to the history of army tanks at the time.
Had a few dreams where I drove any of several tanks to school: had a Historical Vehicle license plate on each of them.
Sometimes it was just me.
Sometimes it was all of us kids in the carpool.
Sometimes other friends too.
In at least one dream I was tank commander, Tripp was driver, Candace was gunner, Wes was loader.

Never once did dream include shooting the tank's guns at the school.
Or at anyone else.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 9:59 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
It has never been proven that video game violence causes real world violence.

I think you need to read 2 books by a retired Army Colonel.
I forget which one the game thing is addressed in.
But do remember that it is footnoted.
Anyway,
the books are,
the 377 page, On Killing
and
the 403 page, On Combat
by
Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

And then I think you need to read this article,
For some Black men and teens in Philly, relying on guns has become commonplace
by Mensah M. Dean
Updated Aug 20, 2021
https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelp ... 10729.html

:arrow: Specifically making note of:
"
Thornton-Cruz offered another motivation, one that had nothing to do with protection. “You got some people out here with guns that’s just carrying it for the show, carrying it to try to impress people and show off.

“You see these celebrities. We’re imitating off of what we see. We see Lil Wayne, we see NBA YoungBoy, we see DaBaby, we see Meek Mill portraying guns in their videos. What you think these young boys gonna do?”

Referring to young men in his circumstances, he noted: “Somebody’s gonna die every day from gun violence, because this is how our mind is registered. We don’t know no other way out. We have no structure.”
"

:arrow: Hmm, a guy who is there and lives that says,
"
We’re imitating off of what we see.
"

They aren't only seeing celebrities, they are seeing games ...

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 10:02 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Yep, what is it that is leading people to decide to behave like that?
Therein is the root of it.

The choice to take that course of action: why is the choice to harm, to kill, totally NON-INVOLVED people made?
:?: :?: :?:

:arrow: Also, brings to mind mid 1970s in central Georgia:
Took gun to school for participation in class put on at the school by state natural resources/fish & wildlife department for hunter and sportsman safety so I could get a discount on a fishing license.

I was bullied in school, didn't even dream of shooting and killing people.

Speaking of dreams ...

Was really in to the history of army tanks at the time.
Had a few dreams where I drove any of several tanks to school: had a Historical Vehicle license plate on each of them.
Sometimes it was just me.
Sometimes it was all of us kids in the carpool.
Sometimes other friends too.
In at least one dream I was tank commander, Tripp was driver, Candace was gunner, Wes was loader.

Never once did dream include shooting the tank's guns at the school.
Or at anyone else.

We even sang this little song in grade school,
“ Glory, glory ,hallelujah ,teacher hit me with a ruler, I met her at the door with a loaded 44 ,she ain’t my teacher no more.”
Not one kid or teacher took this seriously.
I was also bullied and it never crossed my mind to kill my tormentors.I just had excessive absences.
When my kids were in school we drove right up to the school door with rifles in the gun rack of the truck, everyone did.During hunting season kids brought guns in their vehicles so they could go hunting after school, so did the the staff.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 10:08 am

So many other countries play the same violent video games we do and yet we're the only one with a SEVERE mass shooting problem.

I know what I hate in life and I love the fact that I hate these things in life.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 10:11 am

I would never say that video games are at the crux of the problem.

But they can certainly influence people already inclined towards violence...to be even more violent.

If I "hung out," as an adolescent, in the atmosphere of "Grand Theft Auto" all the time, and not have experiences which contradict the experience within that video game, I might form the belief that the "world" of "Grand Theft Auto" is the "real world."