Page 3 of 23 [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 8:28 pm

Pepe wrote:
It makes one think in terms of a "Manchurian Candidate".

It certainly does lead one to wonder.
It really, really, does make ya wonder.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 8:32 pm

Misslizard wrote:
It has to do with someone who has such a grudge and hatred against society that they will harm the most vulnerable to inflict the most pain.
Gun control is a start ,but you have to address why they have this anger and hatred or they will just run someone over with a truck, blow up a building ,or start stabbing.

Yep.
What recent shooter was it who was also found to have 3 explosive or incendiary devices in their vehicle?
Ah, that one, https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... ana-school
"
Police find ‘incendiary devices’ in car that struck 3 children outside Santa Ana school
By Christian MartinezStaff Writer
May 23, 2022 5:55 PM PT
After a driver struck and injured three children Monday morning near a Santa Ana elementary school, police found “incendiary devices” inside the car, authorities said.
The incident was reported around 8:30 a.m. when a vehicle struck a boy and two girls, all under 12 years old, on a sidewalk near Taft Elementary School.
The vehicle continued to drive a short distance before it hit a parked car and came to a stop, officials said.
Police found the 26-year-old male driver with a possibly self-inflicted stab wound, said Santa Ana Police Officer Maria Lopez. He was taken to a hospital and was expected to be booked into jail after he is released.
"

Also, note it was a male in the typical age range.

These things are purely predatory.

Like I saw decades ago,
"The first rule of being a successful predator is to prey on those who are least likely to off you before you can off them."

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 9:27 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
CubsBullsBears wrote:
I’m only 21 and I’m already old enough to remember many shootings such as:

The Aurora, CO movie theater shooting
Sandy Hook
The Orlando night club shooting
Las Vegas Shooting
Parkland

Those are just the ones that had the most news coverage, at least from what I can remember.

Every single damn time, it always follows with gun debates, thoughts and prayers, politicians speaking out, etc. and what always happens? Well, certainly not enough to prevent the same exact things happening over and over again.

A few years from now we’re gonna have yet another mass shooting. It’s a cycle that never ends.

‘MURRICA!

Buffalo, just last week.

Yep, unfortunately mass shooters trigger/inspire each other.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 9:31 pm

Who is Salvador Ramos? What we know about Texas elementary school shooting suspect

Quote:
Abbott identified the suspect as Salvador Ramos, a Uvalde resident and was likely killed by responding officers but that the events were still being investigated.

Ramos who was wearing body armor, crashed his car outside the school before going inside, Sgt. Erick Estrada of the Texas Department of Public Safety told CNN.

He killed his grandmother before heading to the school with two military-style rifles he had purchased on his birthday, state Sen. Roland Gutierrez said.

"That was the first thing he did on his 18th birthday," he said.

Officials did not immediately reveal a motive, but the governor identified the assailant as Salvador Ramos and said he was a resident of the community about 85 miles (135 kilometers) west of San Antonio.

Ramos had hinted on social media that an attack could be coming, Gutierrez said, noting that "he suggested the kids should watch out."

Kids Be Scared’: Texas School Gunman Bought Two Rifles on His 18th Birthday
Quote:
The 18-year-old gunman who opened fire at a Texas elementary school, killing at least 19 kids and two adults, bought two assault rifles on his birthday and appeared to send some ominous Instagram messages just hours before the massacre.

As soon as he made entry into the school he started shooting children, teachers, whoever was in his way, he was shooting everybody,” Texas Department of Public Safety spokesperson Lt. Chris Olivarez said.

Earlier on Tuesday, an Instagram account that appears to belong to Ramos sent direct messages to a teenager in Los Angeles, telling her he wanted to share a “lil secret,” according to screenshots shared by the recipient, who said she barely knew Ramos but had been randomly tagged by him in photos of guns before.

He said he’d text the person in an hour and she’d have to respond, but she said she might not be awake. The last thing he wrote was, “Ima air out.”

The same Instagram account was deleted shortly after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott identified him as the shooter. It featured photos and stories of automatic firearms—as well as selfies of someone who strongly resembled a photo of the killer shared by the Texas Department of Public Safety.

The account posted an image three days ago of two rifles, including what appeared to be a Daniel Defense AR-15 with a high-capacity magazine. Another image from April 28 showed someone holding a magazine.

A TikTok account with the same handle and profile picture as the Instagram, also taken offline in the minutes following the Texas governor’s press conference, featured only a clip of a mobile game and the line “Kids be scared IRL.” Both accounts used the bio line TheBiggestOpp.

The Daily Dot reported that an Instagram friend of Ramos’ shared a screenshot with the news outlet that Ramos had sent showing a receipt for a gun he bought from Daniel Defense, an online gun seller.

Nayeli, an 18-year-old who declined to give her last name, told The Daily Beast late Tuesday that she and Ramos had been students together, but that he was not someone she knew well.

“I had a math class with him,” she said, adding, “He was pretty quiet in class.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 9:42 pm

That brings to mind this;
"
May 20, 2022, 8:35 AM UTC
By Ken Dilanian and Didi Martinez

To people who study extremist violence, Buffalo wasn’t just the latest mass shooting. It was also the latest missed opportunity to stop one.

Law enforcement officials say the suspect planned his attack for months. But the police didn’t discover it, even when they detained him in June 2021 over an alleged threat to kill. While not blaming police, experts in mass shootings say the case cried out for intervention from a behavioral threat assessment team — a group of law enforcement and mental health professionals who look closely for a person on a path to violence, and try to intervene to disrupt it.
"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-cour ... -rcna29667

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 10:20 pm

I'm hanging out my shingle for a minute ~

This kid is miserable. Instead of feeling motivated to change HIS circumstances, he'll just change the circumstances of those he perceives to be full of hope and promise. He's conditioned to believe that happiness, acceptance, success, purpose, etc... is his birth right. Not sure about grandma, she could have hurt him. Or, she could simply be guilty of telling him to get up off his lazy ass and do something about his own God forsaken life.

As far as the gun stuff goes, suggesting that the US give them up is pointless. It's always the first thing mentioned and perhaps they are right, but the fact remains that it's never going to happen. So, why not offer up something with that in mind? The US has way more guns in circulation than citizens. If the majority gave the go ahead and consented to turning them over, you would never be able to seize them all. They would remain in the hands of criminals, always. Registration only deals with legal sales of relatively recent purchases of guns, it does not deal with personal sales, stolen guns, or guns passed down to family members. So, just saying 'wake up,' is not helpful.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 10:24 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
This kid is miserable. Instead of feeling motivated to change HIS circumstances, he'll just change the circumstances of those he perceives to be full of hope and promise. He's conditioned to believe that happiness, acceptance, success, purpose, etc... is his birth right. Not sure about grandma, she could have hurt him. Or, she could simply be guilty of telling him to get up off his lazy ass and do something about his own God forsaken life.

Thank you for putting my thoughts into words.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 11:30 pm

Misslizard wrote:
It has to do with someone who has such a grudge and hatred against society that they will harm the most vulnerable to inflict the most pain.
Gun control is a start ,but you have to address why they have this anger and hatred or they will just run someone over with a truck, blow up a building ,or start stabbing.

I think Amuuriia needs to surrender and give up gun ownership.
We may eventually all be slaves to the New World Order, but these attacks will never stop.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 11:33 pm

Persephone29 wrote:

As far as the gun stuff goes, suggesting that the US give them up is pointless. It's always the first thing mentioned and perhaps they are right, but the fact remains that it's never going to happen. So, why not offer up something with that in mind? The US has way more guns in circulation than citizens. If the majority gave the go ahead and consented to turning them over, you would never be able to seize them all. They would remain in the hands of criminals, always. Registration only deals with legal sales of relatively recent purchases of guns, it does not deal with personal sales, stolen guns, or guns passed down to family members. So, just saying 'wake up,' is not helpful.

Criminals don't usually engage in mass shooting sprees.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 11:36 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Pepe wrote:
It makes one think in terms of a "Manchurian Candidate".

It certainly does lead one to wonder.
It really, really, does make ya wonder.

The guy that shot and killed John Lennon claims he was brainwashed into doing it.
There is a Derren Brown video about that.
Derren Brown is a famous hypnotist.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 1:07 am

Pepe wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:

Criminals don't usually engage in mass shooting sprees.

I've noticed that too. Mental health seems to be a much bigger danger factor than criminal past. It seems a huge chunk of mass shooters have little to no criminal history and to much emphasis is put on the wrong type of vetting.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 1:40 am

For what it's worth, I wasn't trying to glorify the shooter, rather I was interested in knowing more about his profile and what motivated him.

It would be nice if the authorities can pick up potential mass murderers before they act on their urges and stop handing out guns to teenagers like they were candy

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 1:58 am

I'm waiting for the lunatic right to claim this was a "false flag" government operation.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 1:59 am

cyberdad wrote:
For what it's worth, I wasn't trying to glorify the shooter, rather I was interested in knowing more about his profile and what motivated him.

It would be nice if the authorities can pick up potential mass murderers before they act on their urges and stop handing out guns to teenagers like they were candy

It's an autism website. Many people are sensitive to such topics but I do draw a line at people taking issue with trying to keep shooters anonymous. It goes a little too far if the shooter and possible motives can't even be identified here while it's common practice in the news.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 2:09 am

Nades wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

It's an autism website. Many people are sensitive to such topics but I do draw a line at people taking issue with trying to keep shooters anonymous. It goes a little too far if the shooter and possible motives can't even be identified here while it's common practice in the news.

Is anonymity due to the age of the shooter?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 2:33 am

cyberdad wrote:
Nades wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Is anonymity due to the age of the shooter?

Nope only here because it appears some members have an issue with naming the shooter.

The basics of the news is "who, what where and why" and with no who he have no why and with no why there is no point on even bother to understand what causes this unending spree of shootings in the US.