Johnny Depp Vs Amber Heard verdict discussion

Page 13 of 15 [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 4:40 pm

League_Girl wrote:
TwisterUprocker wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
There are body language experts saying she was lying in court. Plus there are audio videos posted online recorded by Johnny and it sounds to me she was gaslighting him. Poor Johnny felt like he was going insane so he had to record their conversations.

And I found an article online by The Daily Mail about Amber and her two friends trashing their penthouse to make it look like Johnny did it.

This wouldn't be the first time nor the last that the news would report something so inaccurate. Don't forget the McDonalds lady who poured hot coffee on herself.

That was the one thing Heard won.

Heard did not win unless you are referring to the UK trial.

No, Johnny Depp won overall but Heard actually won one of three counts in her counterclaim and that had to do with the Daily Mail article that you were talking about. The jury believed overall that her claims of domestic violence by Johnny Depp were false but did not believe that one claim Amber Heard's friends were involved in trashing the penthouse.

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jun 2022, 4:55 pm

League_Girl wrote:
TwisterUprocker wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
There are body language experts saying she was lying in court. Plus there are audio videos posted online recorded by Johnny and it sounds to me she was gaslighting him. Poor Johnny felt like he was going insane so he had to record their conversations.

And I found an article online by The Daily Mail about Amber and her two friends trashing their penthouse to make it look like Johnny did it.

This wouldn't be the first time nor the last that the news would report something so inaccurate. Don't forget the McDonalds lady who poured hot coffee on herself.

That was the one thing Heard won.

Heard did not win unless you are referring to the UK trial.

Sorry if I was vague, Heard won a single count of defamation on her claim against Depp. She earned two million which will be held against the 10.35 million she owes him.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 5:05 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I am so disappointed in the media.

The media goes where they think the public interest is. You have to fix human nature to fix the media.

It's not about public interest, it's more about media bias. The point is that there was a lot of public interest in the Depp vs Heard trial but the media decided to outright lie and gaslight the public about the trial that many people were watching live. It's disgusting, they would have swayed public opinion in the opposite direction if the trial were not live-streamed. I believe that The_Walrus for example may have had the opinion he did because he relied media as a second hand source rather than watching the trial itself like League_Girl and I did. I'm normally into the left-leaning news sources like CNN etc because I'm that way inclined, however this was actually a case where the more conservative news outlets like Fox News were reporting it more accurately and I don't usually trust those.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 5:40 pm

Jono wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

The media goes where they think the public interest is. You have to fix human nature to fix the media.

It's not about public interest, it's more about media bias. The point is that there was a lot of public interest in the Depp vs Heard trial but the media decided to outright lie and gaslight the public about the trial that many people were watching live. It's disgusting, they would have swayed public opinion in the opposite direction if the trial were not live-streamed. I believe that The_Walrus for example may have had the opinion he did because he relied media as a second hand source rather than watching the trial itself like League_Girl and I did. I'm normally into the left-leaning news sources like CNN etc because I'm that way inclined, however this was actually a case where the more conservative news outlets like Fox News were reporting it more accurately and I don't usually trust those.

I probably should have used a less malleable phrase than "public interest." I meant to suggest that if the public is curious about or ready to gossip about something, that is what gets reported. I did not mean to suggest news is usually selected by considering what is in the best interest of the public.

FYI I'm not convinced Fox et al was more accurate in their reporting. At least, not intentionally. I believe Fox went with the narrative that they expected their audience to favor, the one that takes an outspoken woman down a peg, and supports the notion of false abuse charges. I think it really was that simple. If that narrative happens to end up aligning closer to the way you saw the facts, that is coincidence, not design.

Depp's lawyers wanted you watching that trial; he chose the venue. A state where broadcast was allowed. I hate it. It has fed all the worst instincts of humanity.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 5:48 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Jono wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I probably should have used a less malleable phrase than "public interest." I meant to suggest that if the public is curious about or ready to gossip about something, that is what gets reported. I did not mean to suggest news is usually selected by considering what is in the best interest of the public.

FYI I'm not convinced Fox et al was more accurate in their reporting. At least, not intentionally. I believe Fox went with the narrative that they expected their audience to favor, the one that takes an outspoken woman down a peg, and supports the notion of false abuse charges. I think it really was that simple. If that narrative happens to end up aligning closer to the way you saw the facts, that is coincidence, not design.

Depp's lawyers wanted you watching that trial; he chose the venue. A state where broadcast was allowed. I hate it. It has fed all the worst instincts of humanity.

The question is are the right wing sources right for the wrong reasons or for the right reasons? I am sure it's the first option I said. But it did feel very strange to be agreeing with them fore the very first time and it was like entering the warpzone, a different dimension.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 9:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Women have made tremendous gains.

More than half of the judges in New York County are women.

More than half of the Assistant District Attorneys are women.

The governor of the State of New York is a woman.

My immediate supervisor is a woman, a black woman at that.

My mother was a woman.
I kid you not...errr. :scratch:

Someone has probably mentioned this, but there is speculation that Jonny won't be seeking the $10,000,000 from Amber.
The suggestion is, that he simply wanted to clear his name.
Make of that what you will. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 9:59 pm

Jono wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Excellent point. 8)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2022, 11:48 pm

Only about 3 Heard supporters showed up at the courthouse during the trial, my question is where were all these Heard supporters while this was going on? They all of a sudden came out after the verdict.

Also it seems like the news knew this would catch attention if they say the verdict was wrong but I wonder what would have happened if they reported that JD got justice and women can be abusers too? I think this would have gotten a lot of attention too from women groups and radical feminists.

BTW I only found one ex of JD that said he hit her. I forget her name.

I sometimes find all these mixed evidence confusing now and this is how I sometimes feel about Michael Jackson. Evidence that he was a child sexual abuser and he groomed kids and then seeing a video where kids were saying they all lied about being abused because their parents told them to say it. I feel this will be like another MJ case, rather JD is a woman beater and an abuser other than having a drug and alcohol addiction issue and trashing hotel rooms and getting into psychical fights with other men.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2022, 2:49 am

League_Girl wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

There was the time when the media was portraying Muslims to be bombers and terrorists.

That time is now.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2022, 3:05 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

There was the time when the media was portraying Muslims to be bombers and terrorists.

That time is now.

I can't remember the last time I heard a report on attempted terrorism or a terrorist act and it was done by a person part of Aquada or something. I thought the media stopped reporting it and has moved on from that narrative.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 3:45 pm

Amber Heard sued by insurer

Amber Heard sued by insurer in LA over $8.3 million Johnny Depp trial verdict.  The insurance company says the jury found the defamation Heard committed against Depp was both willful and "malicious''.  While Heard -- whom the insurer says lives in the Los Angeles area -- had a $1 million liability policy with New York Marine and General Insurance Co., the policy does not cover "willful'' misconduct, which is exactly what the jury in the defamation case found she was liable for.

In its lawsuit, New York Marine is asking a federal judge to order that:

1. the insurer be absolved of any duty to pay for Heard's defense in the defamation case

2. it not be required to pay the multimillion-dollar judgment Depp won against her

3. it not have to pay any costs of ongoing litigation associated with an appeal

Source 

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 7:38 pm

They kinda both won, didn't they?
Depp has his career back and Heard is, to her fans, the mistreated woman who's voice is dismissed by the patriarchy.

I don't know the truth, and I don't think a televised trial of two professional actors acting in front of cameras is even meant to reveal it, either. It was a show to sway public opinions, and it worked to both their advantage.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 9:22 am

shlaifu wrote:
They kinda both won, didn't they?
Depp has his career back and Heard is, to her fans, the mistreated woman who's voice is dismissed by the patriarchy.

I don't know the truth, and I don't think a televised trial of two professional actors acting in front of cameras is even meant to reveal it, either. It was a show to sway public opinions, and it worked to both their advantage.

Well, I'm not really sure that she won. Yes she still appears to have some supporters, sure, but her reputation seems to of gone down the gutter. I doubt any of the major studios like Warner Bros. will hire her again for another major film, besides the ones that have already been shot before the trial. Johnny Depp on the other hand already suffered this fate when the allegations were first made but it remains to be seen if they'll hire him again now that he won the defamation suit.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 9:39 am

FALLS CHURCH, Va. -- A Virginia judge on Wednesday rejected an effort by actress Amber Heard to set aside the $10 million judgment awarded against her in favor of her ex-husband, Johnny Depp.

Earlier this month, Heard filed a motion seeking to have Depp's verdict set aside, or have a mistrial declared. Her lawyers cited multiple factors, including an apparent case of mistaken identity with one of the jurors.

In a written order, Judge Penney Azcarate rejected all of Heard's claims and said the juror issue specifically was irrelevant and that Heard cannot show she was prejudiced.

"The juror was vetted, sat for the entire jury, deliberated, and reached a verdict.  The only evidence before this Court is that this juror and all jurors followed their oaths, the Court's instructions, and orders.  This Court is bound by the competent decision of the jury," Azcarate wrote.

Source 

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 11:33 pm

I think her only hope is if Depp gives her a break.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 7:37 am

she may be reduced to schlepping tuchas for a living.