Johnny Depp Vs Amber Heard verdict discussion

Page 5 of 15 [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 7:21 pm

The_Walrus, just to add to my previous post, here is a clip from the trial where an expert proves that some of the photos were edited:

There's also this demonstrative that shows two pictures are actually the same one where the colours are modified:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 9:18 pm

The Daily Mail had an article about how Heard used Depp and she tried to hire someone to dig up some dirt on him and there was nothing so she fired him.

Here is the article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rticle-top

I am already seeing that reliable news sources is already siding with Amber so I do believe there is a bias against men. I already knew that long before the trial. I think Depp was brave to bring this to court and make it public.

This article talks about when Heard brought up Moss:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/j ... -rcna30556

And they spun it into something else claiming Depp used it to take advantage of it. What? This feels like we have been watching two different trials.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 9:51 pm

Jono wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Jono wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
As said in the previous thread, an utterly awful decision that seems likely to be overturned on appeal.

Firstly it is completely bizarre that a trial related to domestic abuse was televised. That just shouldn’t be done for such sensitive trials. We need to protect victims, not expose them to mass scrutiny.

We’ve seen the internet discussion of the topic utterly dominated by misogynists. The jury was not sequestered. Lots of completely false representations of Heard have gone viral. Given that judges have already determined that Depp beat Heard, it seems the most likely explanation is that the jury were influenced by that online misogyny, as well as some people who just have a blind spot when it comes to Depp (who after all is extremely charismatic).

It’s very important that we allow victims of domestic abuse to speak out about the abuse they have suffered. Depp of course will still be shunned by polite society, anyone who gets involved with him will know about his history of violence, but what about the next powerful person who abuses their partner? Unfortunately even if justice does eventually prevail, which hopefully it will, this will have a chilling effect upon free speech generally.

Since when does free speech give you the right to defame others? Of course victims of domestic violence should be free to speak out. However, all the evidence in trial actually pointed to Depp being the victim of domestic abuse, not the perpetrator and Amber Heard lied about being the victim when she was the perpetrator. None of the evidence supported her story and she was caught lying a number of times on the stand.

That’s not true. The evidence suggests that Depp was abusing Heard. That’s why a judge ruled that it was not defamation to call Depp a “wife-beater”. There are recordings of Depp admitting to abusing Heard, for example. There are photographs, witness accounts, text messages - it’s not in doubt.

See:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61673676

https://theguardian.com/commentisfree/2 ... appall-you

https://www.vox.com/culture/23150632/jo ... o-backlash

Again, this doesn’t mean that Heard is the “perfect victim”, merely that the things she said (particularly that she is widely seen as a representative of the victims of domestic violence) are true.

Personally, I am viscerally committed to the idea that people should not be punished for telling the truth. Unfortunately in the Virginia case the jury have made a severe blunder. That seems to be a combination of Depp being able to afford better lawyers and the jury being exposed to the tide of misogyny that has been pouring Heard’s way in recent weeks. Telling the truth is not defamation and hopefully the judgement is overturn before the wife-beater sees any of the money.

Are you really happy to live in a world where anyone who ever says “I was abused” can be sued and forced to pay their abuser millions?

Unfortunately, it actually is true. I have no idea what happened in the UK trial and have not read the court script but I watched the recent trial live and all the evidence presented at that trial suggested that Amber Heard was the abuser/primary aggressor.

What Wal doesn't seem to understand is that there are 2 different contexts involved. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 9:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
The UK trial is a separate issue from the USA trial, and conflating the two as one is erroneous.[/color]

Precisely! 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 9:55 pm

Fnord wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
From what they said about The Sun when I listened to the trial and why he lost that case, The Sun is not a reliable source. They are not news. So therefore they won because they are not a reliable source site, it is believed people won't follow what they say.
That is not why the Sun won their case. They won because the judge deemed that it was true. . .
. . which had no bearing, nor should it ever have any bearing or influence on a trial in another country, especially America; and that is mainly because America declared its independence from England -- and the English judicial system -- back in 1776.

England no longer rules America.[/color]

Indeed. 8)

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 10:24 pm

League_Girl wrote:
https://nypost.com/2022/06/02/amber-hea ... SocialFlow

https://www.newsweek.com/amber-heard-un ... er-1712359

She may lose her house and lose everything now and will now me poor like an average American.

I am aware what Newsweek says but this contradicts what she did in the court room and evidence that was shown against her. So I can understand why people will side with Amber if there are sources saying Amber was being truthful and there was evidence that she was not allowed to use in the courtroom. Even one Jury came out anonymous online and mentioned how he never cared for Depp or Heard so he felt he would be good for the jury since he would be unbias since he cares for neither celebrity and didn't know much about them. He expressed how put off he was by Heard and had bad instincts about her so he trusted his gut. He already knew she was lying by how she acted in the court room.

She should have $2 million from the recent settlement, plus another $7 million in divorce money from Depp. She said she was going to donate the $7 million to charity but apparently that never happened. So she should have around $9 million from Depp alone. Unless she squandered it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 10:30 pm

So a verdict was had that implies Heard was lying at least about a lot of things. Some media outlets are saying it's the wrong verdict and it harms the me too movement and women speaking out about abuse. But I don't agree like why is it just assumed Johhny Depp must have been the main abuser and the verdict was totally wrong. I just don't see any basis of evidence for that claim.

And even in court videos you can see her smirking underneath her act of sadness and pain, just seems really insincere. I just hate it because I think I have feminist views and what not, but other people who think they have those views are mad about the outcome of the trial. But I think she lied and the court verdict was correct, it should not ruin the metoo# movement or people speaking out of abuse, that one privileged white woman was proven to be dishonest. Feminism is about males being treated equally to but I feel some people maybe are assuming the verdict is wrong because they don't think women can actually abuse men, but that is kind of sexist if you think about it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 10:40 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
So a verdict was had that implies Heard was lying at least about a lot of things. Some media outlets are saying it's the wrong verdict and it harms the me too movement and women speaking out about abuse. But I don't agree like why is it just assumed Johhny Depp must have been the main abuser and the verdict was totally wrong. I just don't see any basis of evidence for that claim.

To quote a wise old goat:" Because he is a man." 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 10:47 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Some media outlets are saying it's the wrong verdict and it harms the me too movement and women speaking out about abuse. But I don't agree like why is it just assumed Johhny Depp must have been the main abuser and the verdict was totally wrong. I just don't see any basis of evidence for that claim. .

It's possible Johnny Depp was also abusive but the underlying issue is that Amber Heard was the one making the accusations and so the burden of proof was on her and the evidence presented showed she lied. So she has to cough up the 9 Million.

The result does send a message to young women who seek damages from men (whether it be husbands, partners, boyfriends, hookups or just innocent dudes) that if you lie under oath there will be consequences.

There have been numerous cases over the years of young men being accused of rape where the men have spent time in jail or lost sports scholarships or thrown out of university and after years of suffering managed to prove their innocence but despite that the women making the false accusations get a slap on the wrist and the men get no restitution for their losses.

Johnny Depp lost a number of movie roles (I was particularly dissapointed he was unable reprise his role of Grindelwald in the Fantastic Beasts frnachise and for future movie roles there will always be a cloud hanging over him.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 10:51 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Some media outlets are saying it's the wrong verdict and it harms the me too movement and women speaking out about abuse. But I don't agree like why is it just assumed Johhny Depp must have been the main abuser and the verdict was totally wrong. I just don't see any basis of evidence for that claim. .

It's possible Johnny Depp was also abusive but the underlying issue is that Amber Heard was the one making the accusations and so the burden of proof was on her and the evidence presented showed she lied. So she has to cough up the 9 Million.

The result does send a message to young women who seek damages from men (whether it be husbands, partners, boyfriends, hookups or just innocent dudes) that if you lie under oath there will be consequences.

There have been numerous cases over the years of young men being accused of rape where the men have spent time in jail or lost sports scholarships or thrown out of university and after years of suffering managed to prove their innocence but despite that the women making the false accusations get a slap on the wrist and the men get no restitution for their losses.

Johnny Depp lost a number of movie roles (I was particularly dissapointed he was unable reprise his role of Grindelwald in the Fantastic Beasts frnachise and for future movie roles there will always be a cloud hanging over him.

"Poor little rich guy." <shrug>
Isn't he worth 150 million? :scratch:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 10:54 pm

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

"Poor little rich guy." <shrug>
Isn't he worth 150 million? :scratch:

Yes, he has enough to enjoy a comfortable retirement and a Hugh Hefner lifestyle.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 11:11 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
https://nypost.com/2022/06/02/amber-hea ... SocialFlow

https://www.newsweek.com/amber-heard-un ... er-1712359

She may lose her house and lose everything now and will now me poor like an average American.

I am aware what Newsweek says but this contradicts what she did in the court room and evidence that was shown against her. So I can understand why people will side with Amber if there are sources saying Amber was being truthful and there was evidence that she was not allowed to use in the courtroom. Even one Jury came out anonymous online and mentioned how he never cared for Depp or Heard so he felt he would be good for the jury since he would be unbias since he cares for neither celebrity and didn't know much about them. He expressed how put off he was by Heard and had bad instincts about her so he trusted his gut. He already knew she was lying by how she acted in the court room.

She should have $2 million from the recent settlement, plus another $7 million in divorce money from Depp. She said she was going to donate the $7 million to charity but apparently that never happened. So she should have around $9 million from Depp alone. Unless she squandered it.

Oh she has, now she might lose everything now she owns like her house, her earrings and any expensive things she has bought with her money to pay off her debt she owes in the trial. I don't think she ever expected Depp would sue her because after all she is a woman so who would believe him as she said to him in her recording when she was taunting him.

Funny thing is she told him to tell the whole world and he did and everyone believed him. I also don't think she ever thought she would lose because of her gender. Now I am going to be hearing the radical feminists saying how the system is rigged against women and how society hates women waa waa waa. But funny enough I hear MRAs say that the system is rigged against men and it's women that can claim abuse or rape and the man is ruined and how women are favored more in court so they get custody of their kids.

One side is misogynist and the other side is misandrist.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 11:18 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

And even in court videos you can see her smirking underneath her act of sadness and pain, just seems really insincere. I just hate it because I think I have feminist views and what not, but other people who think they have those views are mad about the outcome of the trial. But I think she lied and the court verdict was correct, it should not ruin the metoo# movement or people speaking out of abuse, that one privileged white woman was proven to be dishonest. Feminism is about males being treated equally to but I feel some people maybe are assuming the verdict is wrong because they don't think women can actually abuse men, but that is kind of sexist if you think about it.

There were lot of abuse survivors that were saying Amber is a liar and that she reminded them of their abusers so they were triggered by her in the trial when they watched it and believed Johnny and sided with him. Their abusers would even fake their own injuries and say they did it.

The rest I have been hearing about Amber is hearsay like someone wrote on Reddit how someone was on an airline with Amber and she went to the lavatory, she was in there too long so a slight attendant checked on her and she had scratches on her arms. Those were not there before she went to the lavatory. And I found comments saying how her parents are on Johnny's side but I looked it up and I didn't see any source saying that is true.

I would believe what the survivors say because they are more qualified with their opinion due to their experience and if they know that heard is lying and can see similarities in her with their past abusers, I think this makes me more inclined to believe Johnny. Even I noticed it too and it looked like to me she had been watching too much films and decided to imitate it and put on an act how actors act on film when they pretend to be victims. Even Diane Downs did the same when she kept talking about how this man shot her kids and her and she was like bragging about it. Amber seemed to be exaggerating her emotions and she just reminded me of what I see in films when characters try to be victims and lie under oath.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 11:25 pm

I will say that radical feminist's do not believe women can be abusive and men are always the aggressors. Radical feminists hate men and have a bias against them so under their eyes, women can never do wrong and if a woman does abuse, the man did something to deserve it. They have lot of double standards like it's okay for women to cheat because the man deserved it, it's okay to take advantage of men and use them because men bad and women vulnerable. It's okay to want a man to spoil you with their money and want them to buy you expensive things and take you on $200 dollar dates but if the man dares to have the same standards as these women, oh no it's bad.

I did lot of reading on Female Dating strategy and have seen women in that reddit sub admit to these things so this is no strawman here. They call themselves feminists and they are not liberal. They are not conservative either. They are also TERFS.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 11:30 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

What I think is BS is I am seeing comments online saying how this case will make it hard for women to come out as victims and this is turning back the clock for women. What we should be learning from this case is; men can be victims of abuse, do not lie about abuse and make stuff up about your ex or there could be consequences.

It is not Johnny's fault if a woman out there will be too afraid to come forward and tell anyone she is in domestic abuse because she is believing the radical feminists about this case and thinks JD was the abuser and Heard was an innocent victim. It also won't be his fault too if MRA's use this case to dissbeleive all women when they say they were abused and use Amber as an excuse to hate all women and pretend all women are like her.

We needed this trial.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2022, 11:32 pm

League_Girl wrote:

One side is misogynist and the other side is misandrist.

Is this "binary" valid? :scratch: