Page 11 of 12 [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,754
Location: Australia

09 Jun 2022, 6:29 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
magz wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Did you see my earlier post? There are 50+ million more guns than people in the US, and we have no idea where they are.
Yes, I do find it another problem - though, the mass shooters I'm reading about are ones who go to a store, buy guns and go use them.



Yes, sadly it has become part and parcel of life in the US. I do not have a concealed carry license, it would be easy enough to get one. I don't let it scare me, but I do combine my trips. I have a list, I'm in and out. Seldom do I linger.

My uncle has his concealed carry permit, he's a deacon in the Anglican church and he's their designated security. People have to stop burying their heads in the sand and get proactive. Find someone in each organization who is willing to become the 'person' during an active shooter situation, and fight back!! !


Rather than run away.
There are no guarantees that the designated person would fight back, however.
In a recent mass shooting, the security guy "hopped it". 8O


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,754
Location: Australia

09 Jun 2022, 6:33 pm

Steve1963 wrote:
my state has some of the strictest gun laws in the US...and some of the lowest gun violence numbers as well. I guess we don't have as many mentally ill people here. :roll:


Any figures on other mass violence other than by guns, in your area?

But as I keep on saying, while wearing my "tin foil cap", there are no black ops trying to ban knives, machetes or vehicles. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,754
Location: Australia

09 Jun 2022, 6:35 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
magz wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Find someone in each organization who is willing to become the 'person' during an active shooter situation, and fight back!! !
You know, with such visions in mind, I'm really glad I live somewhere where mass shootings just don't happen.



It's too late for us, we have no choice. If the government all of a sudden decided to go from home to home confiscating guns there would be a civil war, with half the population wiped out. Leftists on this site are quick to say, "No they wouldn't, they'd give up." But they do not live in States that believe the way some of these people believe. Look up Ruby Ridge and you will see what I mean. That, and Waco are very real potentials here.


What an appropriate name for that tragedy.


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,754
Location: Australia

09 Jun 2022, 6:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
The next time I need to choose a new user name, I think I will choose "Guns".

That way, I will never get banned.[/color]


Bad move, dude. 8O
This site has a left-wing bias.
I suggest: "Antifa_Guy". :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,460

09 Jun 2022, 6:47 pm

Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The next time I need to choose a new user name, I think I will choose "Guns".

That way, I will never get banned.[/color]


Bad move, dude. 8O
This site has a left-wing bias.
I suggest: "Antifa_Guy". :mrgreen:


I think its been well established that the majority of WP members are either non-political or centrist to moderate conservatives.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,754
Location: Australia

09 Jun 2022, 6:59 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The next time I need to choose a new user name, I think I will choose "Guns".

That way, I will never get banned.[/color]


Bad move, dude. 8O
This site has a left-wing bias.
I suggest: "Antifa_Guy". :mrgreen:


I think its been well established that the majority of WP members are either non-political or centrist to moderate conservatives.


Even if you are accurate, and there are common-sense reasons to suggest you aren't, it doesn't change the fact that this website is more left-wing friendly. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,460

09 Jun 2022, 7:05 pm

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The next time I need to choose a new user name, I think I will choose "Guns".

That way, I will never get banned.[/color]


Bad move, dude. 8O
This site has a left-wing bias.
I suggest: "Antifa_Guy". :mrgreen:


I think its been well established that the majority of WP members are either non-political or centrist to moderate conservatives.


Even if you are accurate, and there are common-sense reasons to suggest you aren't, it doesn't change the fact that this website is more left-wing friendly. 8)


I think the forum Mods (with one or two past exceptions) generally follow standard policies on free speech, Right wingers and conservatives get equal air time.

Do the mods get it wrong sometimes...yeah sure...is it based on political bias? maybe or just some topics trigger so they reign in the chat.



Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 58,000
Location: Over there

10 Jun 2022, 6:51 am

r00tb33r wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
slower and less destructive than high powered, rapid firing

What's "rapid firing"?
And what's "slower"?

Please explain.
:roll: All that content and you pounce on nine words from it.
It's like playing chess with a pigeon - all it does is strut about, knocks over the pieces and craps on the board.


_________________
Giraffe: a ruminant with a view.


Last edited by Cornflake on 11 Jun 2022, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed my additional commentary - the above says it all, really

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 58,000
Location: Over there

10 Jun 2022, 6:52 am

Pepe wrote:
doesn't change the fact that this website is more left-wing friendly. 8)
So you want us to demand some sort of political allegiance test before members are allowed to post to make it more "friendly" for you?
The membership is what it is, and simply reflects the broad political leanings of it.


_________________
Giraffe: a ruminant with a view.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,531
Location: Stendec

10 Jun 2022, 7:57 am

A political allegiance test would, by its very nature, also test for American allegiance.

I dare say that 90% of this website's members would fail.

It would be awfully quiet around here.



Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,871
Location: Everville

10 Jun 2022, 8:37 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The next time I need to choose a new user name, I think I will choose "Guns".

That way, I will never get banned.[/color]


Bad move, dude. 8O
This site has a left-wing bias.
I suggest: "Antifa_Guy". :mrgreen:


I think its been well established that the majority of WP members are either non-political or centrist to moderate conservatives.



It's also been well established that the Left leaning members of this site have little else to do and submit the largest number of posts. *please look to the left, under each member's name and you will see that I speak the truth.


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,531
Location: Stendec

10 Jun 2022, 8:39 am

Persephone29 wrote:
It's also been well established that the Left leaning members of this site have little else to do and submit the largest number of posts. *please look to the left, under each member's name and you will see that I speak the truth.
How does that information correlate with a person's political leanings?



Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,871
Location: Everville

10 Jun 2022, 8:48 am

Fnord wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
It's also been well established that the Left leaning members of this site have little else to do and submit the largest number of posts. *please look to the left, under each member's name and you will see that I speak the truth.
How does that information correlate with a person's political leanings?



Well, for one thing the Right leaning people from the US don't have the luxury to post all day and all night because we're practicing Capitalists. In short, we have to work, therefore we need sleep. I am aware that some of you claim to hold down jobs, but if I were your employers I would wonder how you have the time to post constantly and give an honest days work.


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,531
Location: Stendec

10 Jun 2022, 9:03 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
It's also been well established that the Left leaning members of this site have little else to do and submit the largest number of posts. *please look to the left, under each member's name and you will see that I speak the truth.
How does that information correlate with a person's political leanings?
Well, for one thing the Right leaning people from the US don't have the luxury to post all day and all night because we're practicing Capitalists. In short, we have to work, therefore we need sleep. I am aware that some of you claim to hold down jobs, but if I were your employers I would wonder how you have the time to post constantly and give an honest days work.
Because: (1) I work smarter, not harder; (2) My work is done well before the end of the day; and (3) I am the highest-ranking employee currently on-site.

While it may be all well and good for some people to take pride in the fact that they "toil from sun to sun", there is greater pride to be had in performing one's duties effectively and efficiently, and then getting home before rush hour sets in.  Besides, I am a salaried and degreed professional, so I do not get paid overtime.  So having slack time for social websites is considered a perk of the job.

(I would rather have the overtime pay, but being required to spend only 27 hours per week actually in the office is an even greater perk that I am unwilling to give up.)

I am not apologizing for any of this, nor am I apologizing for being in favor of stricter gun-control laws.



Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,871
Location: Everville

10 Jun 2022, 9:14 am

Fnord wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
It's also been well established that the Left leaning members of this site have little else to do and submit the largest number of posts. *please look to the left, under each member's name and you will see that I speak the truth.
How does that information correlate with a person's political leanings?
Well, for one thing the Right leaning people from the US don't have the luxury to post all day and all night because we're practicing Capitalists. In short, we have to work, therefore we need sleep. I am aware that some of you claim to hold down jobs, but if I were your employers I would wonder how you have the time to post constantly and give an honest days work.
Because: (1) I work smarter, not harder; (2) My work is done well before the end of the day; and (3) I am the highest-ranking employee currently on-site.

While it may be all well and good for some people to take pride in the fact that they "toil from sun to sun", there is greater pride to be had in performing one's duties effectively and efficiently, and then getting home before rush hour sets in.  Besides, I am a salaried and degreed professional, so I do not get paid overtime.  So having slack time for social websites is considered a perk of the job.

(I would rather have the overtime pay, but being required to spend only 27 hours per week actually in the office is an even greater perk that I am unwilling to give up.)

I am not apologizing for any of this, nor am I apologizing for being in favor of stricter gun-control laws.



I don't recall asking for an apology and while I congratulate you on your accomplishments, your excess of free time explains a lot about your contempt on this site. STENDEC indeed...


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,531
Location: Stendec

10 Jun 2022, 9:17 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
It's also been well established that the Left leaning members of this site have little else to do and submit the largest number of posts. *please look to the left, under each member's name and you will see that I speak the truth.
How does that information correlate with a person's political leanings?
Well, for one thing the Right leaning people from the US don't have the luxury to post all day and all night because we're practicing Capitalists. In short, we have to work, therefore we need sleep. I am aware that some of you claim to hold down jobs, but if I were your employers I would wonder how you have the time to post constantly and give an honest days work.
Because: (1) I work smarter, not harder; (2) My work is done well before the end of the day; and (3) I am the highest-ranking employee currently on-site.

While it may be all well and good for some people to take pride in the fact that they "toil from sun to sun", there is greater pride to be had in performing one's duties effectively and efficiently, and then getting home before rush hour sets in.  Besides, I am a salaried and degreed professional, so I do not get paid overtime.  So having slack time for social websites is considered a perk of the job.

(I would rather have the overtime pay, but being required to spend only 27 hours per week actually in the office is an even greater perk that I am unwilling to give up.)

I am not apologizing for any of this, nor am I apologizing for being in favor of stricter gun-control laws.
I don't recall asking for an apology and while I congratulate you on your accomplishments, your excess of free time explains a lot about your contempt on this site. STENDEC indeed...
Your contempt for me means nothing, and your attempt to derail this thread is noted.

How about letting this thread back on-topic while you look up the word STENDEC?