Page 12 of 12 [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,072
Location: Queens, NYC

10 Jun 2022, 10:55 am

It’s really, really wrong to say that “leftists” don’t work.

I happen to know many who work hard.

It’s just dead wrong to paint “leftists” with one brush.

Why do you do that?

I don’t assume all “rightists” are Trump lovers, or believe in that Qanon crap.

We have to get out of this very narrow mindset of “either you espouse 100% all that I espouse….or you’re some kind of Nazi or Commie.”



Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,877
Location: Everville

10 Jun 2022, 9:51 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It’s really, really wrong to say that “leftists” don’t work.

I happen to know many who work hard.

It’s just dead wrong to paint “leftists” with one brush.

Why do you do that?

I don’t assume all “rightists” are Trump lovers, or believe in that Qanon crap.

We have to get out of this very narrow mindset of “either you espouse 100% all that I espouse….or you’re some kind of Nazi or Commie.”



Ok, I'm sorry. But I'm just really perplexed by how four specific leftists have all day and all night to post, yet still somehow are gainfully employed. To me that's just logic... it's not an insult. If you're working, how do you have time to post that much?


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,258

10 Jun 2022, 9:54 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
It’s really, really wrong to say that “leftists” don’t work.

I happen to know many who work hard.

It’s just dead wrong to paint “leftists” with one brush.

Why do you do that?

I don’t assume all “rightists” are Trump lovers, or believe in that Qanon crap.

We have to get out of this very narrow mindset of “either you espouse 100% all that I espouse….or you’re some kind of Nazi or Commie.”



Ok, I'm sorry. But I'm just really perplexed by how four specific leftists have all day and all night to post, yet still somehow are gainfully employed. To me that's just logic... it's not an insult. If you're working, how do you have time to post that much?


I can't speak for others but I mostly work from home. Multi-skilling is something we are all capable off.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,258

10 Jun 2022, 9:55 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The next time I need to choose a new user name, I think I will choose "Guns".

That way, I will never get banned.[/color]


Bad move, dude. 8O
This site has a left-wing bias.
I suggest: "Antifa_Guy". :mrgreen:


I think its been well established that the majority of WP members are either non-political or centrist to moderate conservatives.



It's also been well established that the Left leaning members of this site have little else to do and submit the largest number of posts. *please look to the left, under each member's name and you will see that I speak the truth.


You obviously have the time to count our posts :lol:



Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,877
Location: Everville

10 Jun 2022, 10:01 pm

[quote=[/quote]Well, for one thing the Right leaning people from the US don't have the luxury to post all day and all night because we're practicing Capitalists. In short, we have to work, therefore we need sleep. I am aware that some of you claim to hold down jobs, but if I were your employers I would wonder how you have the time to post constantly and give an honest days work.[/quote]Because: (1) I work smarter, not harder; (2) My work is done well before the end of the day; and (3) I am the highest-ranking employee currently on-site.

While it may be all well and good for some people to take pride in the fact that they "toil from sun to sun", there is greater pride to be had in performing one's duties effectively and efficiently, and then getting home before rush hour sets in.  Besides, I am a salaried and degreed professional, so I do not get paid overtime.  So having slack time for social websites is considered a perk of the job.

(I would rather have the overtime pay, but being required to spend only 27 hours per week actually in the office is an even greater perk that I am unwilling to give up.)

I am not apologizing for any of this, nor am I apologizing for being in favor of stricter gun-control laws.
[/quote]I don't recall asking for an apology and while I congratulate you on your accomplishments, your excess of free time explains a lot about your contempt on this site. STENDEC indeed...[/quote]Your contempt for me means nothing, and your attempt to derail this thread is noted.

How about letting this thread back on-topic while you look up the word STENDEC?
[/quote]


I didn't look up the word STENDEC. Ezra (I really miss him) pointed it out to me a while back and I still didn't care, but I watched some documentary about the the last communications for lost planes. The thread was derailed by you and Mods deciding on new identities to not get banned. And by Cyberdad pretending that this site isn't dominated by leftists, be it the number of members or the sheer volume of posts by a few rabid members.


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.


Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,877
Location: Everville

10 Jun 2022, 10:02 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The next time I need to choose a new user name, I think I will choose "Guns".

That way, I will never get banned.[/color]


Bad move, dude. 8O
This site has a left-wing bias.
I suggest: "Antifa_Guy". :mrgreen:


I think its been well established that the majority of WP members are either non-political or centrist to moderate conservatives.



It's also been well established that the Left leaning members of this site have little else to do and submit the largest number of posts. *please look to the left, under each member's name and you will see that I speak the truth.


You obviously have the time to count our posts :lol:


There's no need to count, it's under your name ninny.


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.


Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,877
Location: Everville

10 Jun 2022, 10:06 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
It’s really, really wrong to say that “leftists” don’t work.

I happen to know many who work hard.

It’s just dead wrong to paint “leftists” with one brush.

Why do you do that?

I don’t assume all “rightists” are Trump lovers, or believe in that Qanon crap.

We have to get out of this very narrow mindset of “either you espouse 100% all that I espouse….or you’re some kind of Nazi or Commie.”



Ok, I'm sorry. But I'm just really perplexed by how four specific leftists have all day and all night to post, yet still somehow are gainfully employed. To me that's just logic... it's not an insult. If you're working, how do you have time to post that much?


I can't speak for others but I mostly work from home. Multi-skilling is something we are all capable off.


Sampling pies?


_________________
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I hate you, it just means we disagree.


r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,400
Location: Virginia

10 Jun 2022, 11:33 pm

Cornflake wrote:
So what's your solution?

There are no simple solutions but what I thought of addresses the root cause.

First part I have posted here:
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=406453&p=9055224#p9056159

The second part may seem scary at first, but you'll come around to it. I thought of it just earlier when I was asked the question "what's new today?" Indeed, we must stop reporting on these shootings. Like not a word on the news. This will address the "notoriety" aspect of these shootings, and the remaining crazies won't be getting any ideas about it. In a way it's already happening as some of us (myself included) stop paying attention to them. If news outlets aren't forced to, perhaps they will stop themselves when everybody stops paying attention to them.


_________________
I've reached the end.


Last edited by r00tb33r on 11 Jun 2022, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 26,875
Location: Pacific Northwest

10 Jun 2022, 11:50 pm

Whoop, I have over 26,000 posts already and I don't post here much. I still posted here when I worked full time before I even had kids. It was done in my free time. Now I don't post here much because this forum is less active and I am bored with autism topics so I post in politics now and I try to avoid internet arguments because they're a waste of my time. If I think someone is trolling, I leave it alone. If I think they are stupid, I still leave it alone.


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,258

10 Jun 2022, 11:50 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
It’s really, really wrong to say that “leftists” don’t work.

I happen to know many who work hard.

It’s just dead wrong to paint “leftists” with one brush.

Why do you do that?

I don’t assume all “rightists” are Trump lovers, or believe in that Qanon crap.

We have to get out of this very narrow mindset of “either you espouse 100% all that I espouse….or you’re some kind of Nazi or Commie.”



Ok, I'm sorry. But I'm just really perplexed by how four specific leftists have all day and all night to post, yet still somehow are gainfully employed. To me that's just logic... it's not an insult. If you're working, how do you have time to post that much?


I can't speak for others but I mostly work from home. Multi-skilling is something we are all capable off.


Sampling pies?


Sounds nice but I don't want to brag



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,258

10 Jun 2022, 11:51 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Whoop, I have over 26,000 posts already and I don't post here much. I still posted here when I worked full time before I even had kids. It was done in my free time. Now I don't post here much because this forum is less active and I am bored with autism topics so I post in politics now and I try to avoid internet arguments because they're a waste of my time. If I think someone is trolling, I leave it alone. If I think they are stupid, I still leave it alone.


You still gotta catch up to O'l cyberdad sister



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,887
Location: Stendec

11 Jun 2022, 8:12 am

cyberdad wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
. . . I'm just really perplexed by how four specific leftists have all day and all night to post, yet still somehow are gainfully employed.  To me that's just logic... it's not an insult. If you're working, how do you have time to post that much?
I can't speak for others but I mostly work from home. Multi-skilling is something we are all capable off.
We call it "Multi-Tasking" here in the 'States, but yeah.  Most of the processes I supervise are automatic -- I only have to intervene when the processes encounter errors, or when they are completed and it is time to start a new one.

Of course, most of those automatic processes I developed myself . . .

:king: Work smarter, not harder!



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,313
Location: US

11 Jun 2022, 8:21 am

Stendec, Croatoan, six of one a half dozen of the other.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,887
Location: Stendec

11 Jun 2022, 8:23 am

Shh!  Let her find her own path!

For it is in the seeking where knowledge may be gained, just as the blind squirrel will eventually find a nut.



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,313
Location: US

11 Jun 2022, 8:32 am

Too late, Ezra already intervened.