Page 25 of 33 [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 33  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 11:02 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
It's a cult. Too many people live in a hyperpartisan political echo chamber. It's not healthy.

Agreed. That's why I'm stepping away from it on WP. At least until after the midterm elections are over.

Mmhmm.. nothing to do with the cognitive dissonance you're avoiding by not watching the J6 Hearings nor your silly games of attempting to antagonize those who have watched and are informed.

But I suppose it's a Win for all of us in this thread if people who refuse to inform themselves by watching the hearings stop posting their nonsense drivel here.

I never said I wasn't watching them. I just don't care as much about them as you. I'm a little more concerned about more existential threats going on in the world right now.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 11:05 am

VegetableMan wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
It's a cult. Too many people live in a hyperpartisan political echo chamber. It's not healthy.

Agreed. That's why I'm stepping away from it on WP. At least until after the midterm elections are over.

Mmhmm.. nothing to do with the cognitive dissonance you're avoiding by not watching the J6 Hearings nor your silly games of attempting to antagonize those who have watched and are informed.

But I suppose it's a Win for all of us in this thread if people who refuse to inform themselves by watching the hearings stop posting their nonsense drivel here.

I never said I wasn't watching them. I just don't care as much about them as you. I'm a little more concerned about more existential threats going on in the world right now.

I suppose the whole climate emergency is a bit of a higher threat.. but, we can't ignore that the USA is currently the world's foremost superpower and if the orange guy manages to topple it's government & fracture it into civil war that there would be globally reaching consequences. Being right next door in Canada I'd prefer to have stable neighbourinos.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 11:45 am

Because of the history of a lot of noise and nothing concrete happening I am just as cynical as Matrix. Where I differ is my cynicism is that he won’t be convicted of a crime not that that he has not committed many crimes.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 11:54 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Because of the history of a lot of noise and nothing concrete happening I am just as cynical as Matrix. Where I differ is my cynicism is that he won’t be convicted of a crime not that that he has not committed many crimes.

I dunno for sure if he'll be convicted of a J6 crime, or of some state election level crime, or of something else entirely - but I Do believe that he will be convicted of Something. Not something made up, but Something he's guilty of.. because even IF there's reasonable doubt of his J6 crimes, the entirety of the USA and the World Know that the man is deranged & dangerous and if he's allowed to skate on everything, he has the potential to literally bring down the USA, it's system of government, it's place in the world as a stable super power etc and I reeeeeeeeeallly don't think that people much smarter, and ethical, than the orange guy are going to allow that to happen.

Whether he goes down for seditious conspiracy, interfering with official proceedings, election fraud, tax evasion, rape, fraud, money laundering, inciting violence, or the trump org gets RICO'd etc etc etc I do tend to believe that the US Justice System is going to put a stop to the orange madman's bizarrely anti-American tactics in order to prevent him from doing unimaginable & irreversible damage to the country.

It may be a very slow moving bureaucratic machine.. but the gears are turning and things are squeezing tighter and tighter for the orange former guy. There's no way people just turn a blind eye to him trying to end American democracy and just shrug it off as "trump being trump," - none/Zero - he'll be stopped.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 12:14 pm

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 10:10 am

trump claims to have “absolute immunity,” and that criminal investigations are “harassment.”

https://www.salon.com/2022/07/28/claims ... ew-filing/

Lol no & no, former guy.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

28 Jul 2022, 3:33 pm

:roll: A wannabe King Donald I.

Did you catch the article linked on that page?
Trump threatens to sue CNN for defamation

Quote:
"I have notified CNN of my intent to file a lawsuit over their repeated defamatory statements against me," Trump said in a statement. "I will also be commencing actions against other media outlets who have defamed me and defrauded the public regarding the overwhelming evidence of fraud throughout the 2020 Election. I will never stop fighting for the truth and for the future of our Country!"
(my emphasis)

He exists in a different reality.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 6:59 pm

Maybe he’s setting the stage for an insanity defence ?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 10:52 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

I dunno for sure if he'll be convicted of a J6 crime, or of some state election level crime, or of something else entirely - but I Do believe that he will be convicted of Something. Not something made up, but Something he's guilty of.. because even IF there's reasonable doubt of his J6 crimes, the entirety of the USA and the World Know that the man is deranged & dangerous and if he's allowed to skate on everything, he has the potential to literally bring down the USA, it's system of government, it's place in the world as a stable super power etc and I reeeeeeeeeallly don't think that people much smarter, and ethical, than the orange guy are going to allow that to happen.

Whether he goes down for seditious conspiracy, interfering with official proceedings, election fraud, tax evasion, rape, fraud, money laundering, inciting violence, or the trump org gets RICO'd etc etc etc I do tend to believe that the US Justice System is going to put a stop to the orange madman's bizarrely anti-American tactics in order to prevent him from doing unimaginable & irreversible damage to the country.

It may be a very slow moving bureaucratic machine.. but the gears are turning and things are squeezing tighter and tighter for the orange former guy. There's no way people just turn a blind eye to him trying to end American democracy and just shrug it off as "trump being trump," - none/Zero - he'll be stopped.

That is the difference between you progressives/liberals and me. You think somehow, someway it will work out in the end, justice and good will prevail. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. His demise has been predicted since
Still waiting, but not with bated breath. My mistake in life has not been making bets with liberals every time they said this time it will be a sure thing. If I did I could have bought him out. :cry:

But hey, he is going to die someday. Right?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2022, 11:59 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

I still think he's going down. It's just a complex case that takes time to investigate and prosecute properly. There's no way the US gov't/DOJ is going to set the precedent that it's A-okay for a potus to go rogue and try to overthrow the US gov't and install himself as dictator.

But yes, he is going to die someday! :) :heart: :heart: :heart:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2022, 12:07 pm

John Gotti, the original Teflon Don, eventually "went down."

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2022, 12:19 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

I still think he's going down. It's just a complex case that takes time to investigate and prosecute properly. There's no way the US gov't/DOJ is going to set the precedent that it's A-okay for a potus to go rogue and try to overthrow the US gov't and install himself as dictator.

But yes, he is going to die someday! :) :heart: :heart: :heart:

What is complex about the payoffs to Stormy Daniels, everybody agrees it happened.
Again he can run and win the Presidency from prison.

Looks like Republicans are going to win a bunch of elections. That would give them power to appoint electors that would automatically vote for the GOP candidate. The idea that electors must vote for the candidate who won the popular vote is tradition, not law.

Republicans do not need him to be the candidate or be alive to do that.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2022, 5:09 pm

It’s complex to nail him with something big enough to keep him out of public office vs some petty crime his cult followers don’t care about.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2022, 9:20 pm

I see folks are staring to come around to my way seeing things. But I pushed too hard too soon. Realizations can take more time for some than others and have to be swallowed in small sips. A little over three months left to see how it all plays out on November 8th, and where it goes from there.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2022, 10:24 pm

Apparently magas are having meltdowns over Merrick Garland doing his job. Excellent.

http://breaking99times.com/maga-hits-th ... all-along/

Best fb comment on the article:

“He hired prosecutors with RICO experience for a reason.”

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 1:47 pm