Page 1 of 33 [ 520 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 1:49 am

Anyone watch?

There is a lot of video I haven't seen before, including direct police footage. Video from security cameras and police communication recordings. How anyone can continue to believe it wasn't bad must be burying their heads in the sand.

There is also video of the direct testimony of multiple members of the Trump administration. They knew they were spreading lies.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 2:11 am

With the sole exception of Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger (currently the only GOP politicians with any integrity) the entire GOP assembly should be fired and sent to trial
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/04/us/p ... nsure.html

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 3:51 am

‘Attempted coup’: Panel blames Donald Trump for US Capitol attack
A congressional panel investigating the US Capitol riots – in which five people died – have blamed Donald Trump.
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 4a43cd87e9
“President Trump summoned the mob, assembled the mob and lit the flame of this attack,” the Republican vice chair of the panel, Liz Cheney, said in her opening remarks at the first in a series of hotly anticipated summer hearings.

Democratic committee chief Bennie Thompson accused Mr Trump of being “at the centre of this conspiracy”.

“January 6 was the culmination of an attempted coup – a brazen attempt, as one rioter put it shortly after January 6 – to overthrow the government. The violence was no accident.”

Rioters acted “at the encouragement of the president of the United States”, to march on Congress and block the formal transfer of power by politicians to Biden, he added.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 3:52 am

I've been hearing about this for weeks. Is there a date set for when a verdict will be reached?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 3:56 am

The panel has not confirmed what it plans to do after the initial slate of hearings, but at least one more presentation and a final report are expected in the US autumn.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 5:02 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I've been hearing about this for weeks. Is there a date set for when a verdict will be reached?

Not sure if you're being sarcastic. It's essentially a report presentation, not a trial. The congressional committee giving a public presentation of the work it's been doing.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 8:13 am

The Trump supporters I personally know are strangely silent this morning.

Even the hams on the local "MAGA" repeater seem to have little to say.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 9:18 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic. It's essentially a report presentation, not a trial. The congressional committee giving a public presentation of the work it's been doing.

Maybe I was mislead by the title of this thread: "Jan 6th Hearings".
There have been so many hearings, inquiries and committes over the last few years, I haven't been following what's been going with the Jan 6 whatever it is. I'm just wondering when or if it's supposed to reach a conclusion. Isn't Trump going to jail over it? I keep hearing about him being sent to prison.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 9:29 am

↑ Last night's public hearings on Trump's January 6th coup attempt infuriated me so much that I had to walk around the block a few times to cool off (7813 steps, yay!).  The committee was able to tie Trump's leadership directly to the actions of the Proud Boys and other insurrectionists that day.  I wanted to call every Trump fan I know just to say, "I told you so", but that would have brought me down to their level.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 9:55 am

“Maybe our supporters have the right idea,” Trump said, according
to committee Vice Chair Rep. Liz Cheney. “Mike Pence deserves it.”

This About Covers The Book of Trump; He iS TRULY PSYCHOPATHIC
ENOUGH WITH NO CONSCIENCE OR EMPATHY CLAIMING THOSE WHO

DO NOT DO AS HE
LIES DESERVE TO
BE HUNG IN TERMS

OF HIS OTHERWISE
LOYAL VICE PRESIDENT

MIKE PENCE; And So Called
Conservative Christians Still Support
This True

Evil

On Earth...

It's Beyond Disgusting that
The Priest of the Church i Study Claimed
God's Direction is to Vote For This True Evil....

As He Instructed The Congregation to Do AS Such
Combining Church And State in Support of A Wanna
Be Dictatorship, Not Much Different Than What my Grandfather
X-Catholic Priest Exposed in His Book, Free Now, PDF online per

"Behind the Dictator's"
Last Century, in the
Support, The 'Popeship'
Provided to the Dictators Then For Real;
If THere Was Ever A Human Being that Houses
the Metaphor of 'Anti-Christ,' it is Trump and His Ilk

in the
Past
Present
And Future More...

Period.

What An ILL Country
The United States Has Come to Be...

Yet This is Naturally What Happens when
A Country Supports Unwarranted Wars that
Kill Hundreds of Thousands of Folks Who Otherwise

Might Still
Be Alive Now;

Yet This is Naturally What Happens when
A Country Uses 40 Percent or So of Human
Resources of the Earth in Greater Taking, Hoarding,
in Greed of the Human Condition With Around 4 Percent of the Global Population;

Yet This is What Happens When Freedom is Put Above Human Life And the United
States Holds Close to 40 Percent of Pandemic Deaths at Over A MiLLioN Deaths Now;

Yet This Is What Happens When A Country Has Close to 40 Percent of the World's

Mass Shooting
Deaths With

4 Percent of the
Population of the World;

Yet This is What Happens
When Anyone Shoots Themself in the Foot;

They Hobble Until They Can't Walk, They Trip,
They May Fall, And Eventually Sooner than Soon they

May Neither

See the
LiGHT
oF LoVE or Life;

'Karma,' SHe Might
Be A Real B88CH NoW

Yet At least She's Honest

As Mother Nature Don't Play
No Favorites As 'THe REal God' Rises

to the Occasion

of in or
out of
Balance
And the
Consequences
That Naturally Follow
Actions DarK Thru LiGHT...

Anyway, Karma's A Beach For me Free...

Joy to the World And All that Jazz Discarding
Human Lying Clothes By Every Layer Now Yes

Naked
Enough
Whole Complete
iN JoY oF LiGHT
Just Giving Sharing
Caring And Healing Free
For All With Least Harm NoW

Eternally So As Bliss Are Emotions
That Float And Joy Elates Wings Free;

Not the First Instance Someone Has
Suggested This is the Way to the 'Beach,' Instead...

Like 'Led Zeppelin' in the Song 'STAiRWaY to HEaVeN' or 'the Other Path'...

Perhaps One Day 'A Piper' Will Lead Us to Colors oF LiGHT Yet it Won't Be

Orange Flavored 'Trump Kool-Aid'
As That Meme Lives And DieS on....

And The FAct that 'Trump State TV'
Didn't Cover the Lies Speaks Volumes
on Truth iN LiGHT

And DarK

As 'The Cover
of That Book'

Is The Same
Flavored 'Orange Kool-Aid'...

PoiSoN Comes in Many FormS iNDeeD
NoW Some Working Faster, Some Slower,
All Leading to Basically A Same Place of 'Karma'...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 12:38 pm

Just listening to the end of a 3 hour video clip of it on FB Watch rn. I missed most of the first hour of it - might go back to it and have a listen tonight. No major surprises to Me on all this stuff.. I thought it was as bad as it was when it happened. Hopefully enough Americans watch it and realize how orchestrated & criminal the entire thing truly was.

Fnord wrote:
The Trump supporters I personally know are strangely silent this morning.

Even the hams on the local "MAGA" repeater seem to have little to say.

I do HOPE that means they watched it. Faux News isn't airing it, only talking smack about it. My biggest concern about this whole trial presentation miniseries is that only those on the political left who already believe all this stuff are going to watch it.. and those who are right leaning will actively avoid watching it and remain ignorant. I HOPE they're watching, though.. and learning that things are Not as they were told they were.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 1:06 pm

I hope so too, if only so they will not all die from shock when their beloved Donald is convicted of treason.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 1:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
I hope so too, if only so they will not all die from shock when their beloved Donald is convicted of treason.

Heh yeah, that and just general acceptance of objective reality vs. the nonsense they've been spoon fed by Faux News.

Do you Hope the orange guy will be convicted of treason, or, do you really truly Believe that he will be? :?

I'm just a Canadian layman. His actions certainly look treasonous to me. But I'm not an American lawyer or judge and don't Know for certain that he's likely to be charged with and convicted of treason. It'd be pretty sweet if he was, though. That'd certainly prevent him from running for office again. Also, besides money, he's so egotistical about his name and brand image.. about his legacy.. and such a conviction would flush all that right down his golden toilet and piss him right off for the rest of his natural life - going down as the worst American president in history.. bested in every way by his black predecessor, Obama. 8)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 1:22 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Do you Hope the orange guy will be convicted of treason, or, do you really truly Believe that he will be?
I very strongly hope he will be, if he does not tie up the process with endless challenges, appeals, and tirades until that final day when "his maker shall call him home".

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 2:50 pm

No chance of learning something I don't already know. Pass.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 4:12 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Heh yeah, that and just general acceptance of objective reality vs. the nonsense they've been spoon fed by Faux News.

Do you Hope the orange guy will be convicted of treason, or, do you really truly Believe that he will be? :?

I'm just a Canadian layman. His actions certainly look treasonous to me. But I'm not an American lawyer or judge and don't Know for certain that he's likely to be charged with and convicted of treason. It'd be pretty sweet if he was, though. That'd certainly prevent him from running for office again. Also, besides money, he's so egotistical about his name and brand image.. about his legacy.. and such a conviction would flush all that right down his golden toilet and piss him right off for the rest of his natural life - going down as the worst American president in history.. bested in every way by his black predecessor, Obama. 8)

Trump will not pay for his crimes, just like all the presidents of my lifetime and beyond didn't pay for theirs. That's how it goes in America. Don't look for it. It ain't gonna happen.

As far as the worst president in U.S. history, I think Andrew Jackson was far worse than Trump. He is the only POTUS to defy a Supreme Court ruling that granted the Cherokee the right to remain on their lands. We all know how that played out.

Oscar Meyer Lansky