Page 33 of 33 [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 12:58 pm

Why would they withdraw the subpoena instead of charging him for denying it? :? Pretty sure Congress has that power - it's what bannon went to jail for.

The only logical reason I can think is that they believe they have him by the short hairs on other charges that will carry stiffer/better penalties (prevent him from holding office) so all resources are being poured into that vs. another sideshow dealing with his constant appeals bs. Maybe it's even intended to make him scared... like "Oh, they let me get away with this ? Why.. do they have something on me that I'm going down for?" (He knows they do - he's watched the J6 Hearings himself.)

Anyways, hoping that this is strategic vs. foolish.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 2:22 pm

I'm thinking Donald Trump has proven once again that certain people in this country really are above the law. :|

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 2:31 pm

I still say there's Zero chance he skates on everything J6 related. You can't just fail at an attempted overthrow of the US gov't and walk like nothing happened just because you and your goons were incompetent & didn't succeed. He's going to be made an example of. That's why Jack Smith was hired -> he's the no nonsense "find out," guy for bad world leaders that f'd around.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 2:36 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I still say there's Zero chance he skates on everything J6 related. You can't just fail at an attempted overthrow of the US gov't and walk like nothing happened just because you and your goons were incompetent & didn't succeed. He's going to be made an example of. That's why Jack Smith was hired -> he's the no nonsense "find out," guy for bad world leaders that f'd around.

I really REALLY hope you are right...

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2022, 12:17 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Why would they withdraw the subpoena instead of charging him for denying it? :? Pretty sure Congress has that power - it's what bannon went to jail for.

The only logical reason I can think is that they believe they have him by the short hairs on other charges that will carry stiffer/better penalties (prevent him from holding office) so all resources are being poured into that vs. another sideshow dealing with his constant appeals bs. Maybe it's even intended to make him scared... like "Oh, they let me get away with this ? Why.. do they have something on me that I'm going down for?" (He knows they do - he's watched the J6 Hearings himself.)

Anyways, hoping that this is strategic vs. foolish.

The Republicans are taking control soon, the committee is going to be disbanded. Trump successfully ran out the clock on them.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2022, 8:46 am

goldfish21 wrote:

Mary Trump lays out reasons why 'the doors' may finally be 'closing in' on her uncle in 2023
Quote:
Although many of former President Donald Trump’s allies have faced criminal charges — including “War Room” host Steve Bannon, GOP operatives Roger Stone and Paul Manafort, former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg — Trump himself has never faced any type of criminal indictment. Trump, now 76, survived former special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation, was found “not guilty” in two impeachment trials, and still inspires plenty of fear in the Republican Party.

In an article published by The New Republic on December 27, Donald Trump’s niece, psychologist/author Mary L. Trump, hopes that 2023 will be the year in which her uncle’s luck finally runs out.

The former president’s niece notes that her uncle’s “enablers” in the Republican Party have given him a pass time and time again no matter how badly he crossed the line.

“From the time the Republican Party accepted the inevitability of Donald’s nomination in 2016, the danger has remained the same — that by failing to push back against even his most egregious behaviors, Republicans have allowed them to become normalized,” Mary Trump explains. “None of this even takes into account the GOP’s silence in the face of Donald’s massive breaches of norms and protocols during the transition, including the corruption of the Department of Defense at the highest level, the intelligence failures leading up to January 6 riot, and law enforcement missteps and miscommunications during the insurrection.”

The former president’s niece adds, “As mind-scrambling as all of this is — the man, after all, still roams free not only to pursue his latest grift, but to lead the Republican Party as its candidate for the 2024 presidential election — the question remains: ‘Will any of it make a difference?’…. The Republican Party is a party of autocrats and fascists. Jettisoning Donald won’t change that.”

Mary Trump concludes her article by hoping that the “doors” are finally “closing in” on her uncle, although she isn’t sure.

“The January 6 committee report was released before Christmas, and it is devastating,” Mary Trump notes. “But the report is simply that, and the charges are merely referrals. There is a chance in the end that it all will have been purely symbolic, that the real indictment of Donald will be the judgment of history. To say that this is unsatisfying would be an understatement of vast proportions. Because what happens to Donald is not simply about justice or fairness. The crossroads at which we currently find ourselves has more to do with whether those in a position to heal our broken institutions decide instead to do nothing, thereby leaving us and our country broken permanently.”

Mary Trump continues, “We keep being reminded by people urging patience that the doors are closing in on Donald — they ostensibly have been for decades. But they’re still open.”

bolding=mine

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 5:48 pm

Hope Hicks to aide on Jan. 6: ‘We all look like domestic terrorists now’

Quote:
Former White House aide Hope Hicks told a fellow aide in text messages during the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection that “we all look like domestic terrorists now” as Trump supporters stormed the Capitol.

Texts released by the House select committee investigating that day show Hicks texting with Julie Radford, former chief of staff to Ivanka Trump, as the violence unfolded. 

“In one day he ended every future opportunity that doesn’t include speaking engagements at the local proud boys chapter,” Hicks said, apparently referring to former President Trump. 

Radford responded, “Yup,” seemingly agreeing. 

“And all of us that didn’t have jobs lined up will be perpetually unemployed,” Hicks said, also saying she was “so mad and upset,” adding, “We all look like domestic terrorists now.”

“Oh yes I’ve been crying for an hour,” Radford replied. 

Hicks texted that former White House Director of Strategic Communications Alyssa Farah Griffin, who resigned about a month before the attack, looked like a “genius.” 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 7:02 pm

Even if Democrats and republicans are p*****s, I reeeeeallly don't think Jack Smith was hired to be one. He's the tough as nails prosecutor hired to be the neutral 3rd party to nail trumplestiltskin to the wall.