Fred White - Earth Wind, and Fire drummer R.I.P.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 5:28 pm

Earth, Wind & Fire's Fred White dies at 67: 'Drumming with the angels!

Quote:
Earth, Wind & Fire drummer Fred White has died, the band and his brother Verdine announced Sunday.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Famer musician, born in Chicago as Frederick Eugene Adams, was 67. 

Adams joined brother Verdine White and half-brother Maurice White in Earth, Wind & Fire as a teenager in 1974, drumming for the band until the mid 1980s.

"Our family is saddened today with the loss of an amazing and talented family member, our beloved brother Frederick Eugene 'Freddie' White," Verdine wrote in a tribute on Instagram. "He joins our brothers Maurice, Monte and Ronald in heaven and is now drumming with the angels!"

No additional details about Adams' death have been revealed. USA TODAY has reached out to reps for the band for more information.

As an undiagnosed autistic my teenage years were not exactly the good old days. One major salvation was there was plenty of time to turn on the radio and hear one good tune after another, and now these people helped me and many others along are dropping like flies :cry: .

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman