Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 11:42 pm

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fox-news ... 12572aba9a

Maybe. If there are direct back and forth communications colluding together.. they may be guilty of bigger crimes. Looks like this story might just get a little awesome in the weeks ahead.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 11:49 pm

The only way Fox could be more trustworthy and legitimate, is if it was owned and operated by the inimitable Alex Jones.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 11:57 pm

They make CNN/NBC/etc seem reasonably credible, at least by comparison.

To be fair, I'd trust anything my stuffed cats tell me before I become deeply invested in a media narrative I can't substantiate from non-aligned sources. Even if that means some Ukrainian vlogger on YouTube who's showing pictures that I need to rely on Google Maps or another satellite viewing site to confirm the location of.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 7:17 am

Australia certainly creates some memorable right wing billionaires.

Fox is a creation of Australian media tycoon Rupert Murdoch. He's a crafty old devil (despite his poor choice in women).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 8:23 am

funeralxempire wrote:
They make CNN/NBC/etc seem reasonably credible, at least by comparison.
Fox is the exception that proves the (greater) legitimacy of CNN/NBC/et cetera.

However, for a few years, I have been following a simple procedure: I read the same stories on CNN, Fox, and other news outlets, disregard the superlatives and partisan "slants", ignore the opinions, and throw out anything that conflicts between any two reports.

What is left is closer to the truth than even the live "man-on-the-street" vlogging so many take as gospel.

Relying on just one news source to feed your mind is like relying on just one food group to feed your body.

It is just not healthy.