FBI and MI5 issue warning: Threat to the West from China

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:04 pm

Sigh. If someone accuses you of nationalism, you'd better be really nationalistic.

The only reason why China can be repeatedly accused of nationalism is that China does not have the world average level of nationalism.
I hope I don't have to quote the self abusive remarks prevalent on our network here. There is a kind of Nazi. If you don't agree they to hate your own nation, you will be preached that you need to be exterminated.

Somehow, not many people here are willing to engage in my serious criticism of the current regime in China, but are interested in things like "Muslim babies flowing in Chinese rivers" and "the omnipresent and omnipotent Chinese Communist Party."

It's like leaving the racist or McCarthyist narratives of the last century and then lacking any effective insights.

I feel disappointed. Some silence is deafening.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 2:07 am

Quote:
Foreign Minister puts pressure on China over its links to Russia | 9 News Australia
Jul 7, 2022

Australia's Foreign Minister Penny Wong has ramped up the pressure on China over its links to Russia ahead of a G20 summit with her counterparts in Bali.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 1:27 pm

Somehow, independent thinkers prefer a group of biased news and YouTube videos as the only source, rather than reading serious reports or conducting their own investigation.

All this is like the ancient Yellow Peril thinking mixed with Nazi dehumanizing propaganda.
https://digital.kenyon.edu/bulmash/1376/

Quote:
Brown leaflet titled, "Das Totenfeld der Volksdeutschen in Polen."

Information Provided by Michael D. Bulmash: An imprint by the German authorities justifying the invasion of Poland. The leaflet, in German, reports on the alleged systematic massacre of the of ethnic Germans and claims that the Poles had killed 58,000 innocent civilians since the end of World War I. In small part "... Even by 1931, one million Germans had been displaced from their homes by the Poles.

Joseph Goebbels, minister of propaganda for the Nazi German government of the Third Reich, understood the power of repeating falsehoods. “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it,” he asserted, “people will eventually come to believe it.” This phenomenon, pervasive in contemporary politics, advertising, and social media, is known in cognitive psychology as the “illusory truth effect.”

Though multiple studies have found that repeated statements seem more truthful than novel ones, the illusion was thought to be limited to uncertain statements, or those in which people had no other information available, such as prior knowledge.

Thorough propaganda can make people think that anything can be done to the "evil empire" and its people, and provide a greater public opinion foundation for colonialism.
Such atrocities as the first island chain military siege used to clamp down on a country's trade routes are ignored - and this is a devastating blow to the quality of life of the people of a country that relies on export trade, so that China needs to start choosing the costly land trade route, the Belt and Road.

Thorough publicity can justify itself, so that when my compatriots begin to express statements that are not in line with publicity on the western network, they will often be accused of being CCP employees, or propaganda in order to obtain "social credit points". So that a senior anti establishment person like me can be insulted as a "Patriot" after telling the truth.
When I want to express some popular views of the Chinese people, I must explain that they also exist in Taiwan, other East Asia or the pre PRC period, so that they can not be used as ammunition to attack the "brainwashing of the evil empire".
Just like we are not qualified to have the same say.

Thorough propaganda makes people indulge in their messianic identity and deceive themselves into thinking that they can "oppose CCP and love the Chinese people", even if the decisions they support actually bring pain to the Chinese people, and ignore the emotions triggered by these things, or call it nationalism. (but why not? Ethnic oppression creates nationalism.)
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
The first thing that should be done is to take away China's "developing nation" status

Do you have the same interest in Argentina/Chile/Malaysia/Romania...?
Per capita income:

Pepe wrote:
I have already speculated that Greta didn't sail off to Shanghai *because* it was a communist country.
And I am staggered that Australia has become a focus of outrage, with its 1.5% of global CO2 emissions,
Whereas China, with its 27% gets off scot-free. :scratch:

China, population, 1.402 billion. Australia, population, 25.69 million. About 54.5 times.
At the same time, China is still in the period of industrialization. Carbon emitting industries mean we can feed ourselves. Unlike "developed countries", which can move many heavily polluting industrial chains out of their own countries.
We Chinese are not people, right?

Pepe wrote:
China has admitted that their economy is more important than plant food emissions reduction.

In 2020, Chinese consumed on average 44.4kg of meat per person.
Australia continues to be one of the world's top meat-eating countries, with an annual consumption of 89.6kg per capita in 2019.
We Chinese are not people, right?

Totalitarian propaganda makes people sincerely support atrocities against others and think they are fighting evil.
Many people have a need for "perceivable evil entities" to alleviate the lack of insight into real-world setbacks. On the other hand, the real oppressors will always try to mislead the direction of anger.

Anti CCP propaganda is only used to justify colonial plunder and divert criticism of domestic affairs. This is just another repetition of history that has happened countless times.
People don't learn anything from history.

If only so many organizations were as "oppose CCP and love the Chinese people" as they claimed to be, China's anti establishment left wing would have received international support long ago. But the reality is that our voices have been deliberately ignored or flexibly summarized into the other two - brainwashed by communism and opposed to CCP tyranny.
Capital driven media fear the real left. Moreover, when they found that our criticism of the United States or the entire capitalist system was equally fierce, amplifying this voice seemed embarrassing. (it also makes many narratives self defeating)

Is there less international exploitation from the United States than institutional domestic exploitation?
When you become the world's factory that provides industrial products for all developed countries with inhuman labor intensity, they even block your upside to break this situation. All enterprises with international brand potential from China are being blocked.
The current Chinese regime is only playing the role of overseer in this process of exploitation. All attempts to overthrow the regime from the outside seem to just want to replace disloyalty slaves with obedient slaves. That is, no threat.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.