Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 1:26 am

Misslizard wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Trophy hunters don’t kill for food.
They kill for what they call “ sport”.

Animals don't need to be killed for food and clothing. Shelter animals are killed because they're an inconvenience. It's a double standard and an excuse to view someone as less than human and deserving murder. No matter how woke we think we are, supremacy and hate will find an outlet.

The animals he killed would say differently if they could speak.In a perfect world we wouldn’t need to kill animals for food or clothes, but most of the world can’t afford Beyond Beef ( I can’t.) .I hate that shelter animals are murdered, it would help if there were more free spay and neuter clinics and responsible pet owners.
Trophy hunting is killing for fun, you can’t eat the horns.
Do you know what a “ canned hunt” is?

I luv my meat, unfortunately.
If I had to kill the animal myself, I couldn't do it and would have no choice other than be a veterinarian vegetarian.

But the way I see it, there is nothing I can do to prevent the obscenity of killing animals for food.
And also consider: In a humane society (one that does not flay animals alive because they taste better that way), stunning an animal before slaughter is a much more "humane" way for an animal to die than out in the wild where they are ripped apart and eaten by preditors while alive, or dying miserably through disease, etc, and dying in agony while having their eyes pecked out by crows or eaten alive by ants and other insects.

As Marvin, the melancholy robot from The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy would say:
"Life. Don't talk to me about life."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 2:02 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
So we're supposed to celebrate murder, because the guy killed less animals than the average farmer, rancher, slaughter house worker, or animal shelter worker.

The guy killed endangered animals like elephants for sport. That's hardly the same as killing animals for food that aren't anywhere near endangered. I'm sorry for his family's loss, but it's difficult for me to feel sorry for him.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 3:57 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
So we're supposed to celebrate murder, because the guy killed less animals than the average farmer, rancher, slaughter house worker, or animal shelter worker.

The guy killed endangered animals like elephants for sport. That's hardly the same as killing animals for food that aren't anywhere near endangered. I'm sorry for his family's loss, but it's difficult for me to feel sorry for him.

I couldn't care less about him. I just find when it's 'okay to celebrate murder' a bit interesting. And telling.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 4:14 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

I couldn't care less about him. I just find when it's 'okay to celebrate murder' a bit interesting. And telling.

First off...it's "killing fewer animals". Not "killing less animals".

No one is celebrating his murder. Its just that chortles come easier than tears in the death of a guy who killed endangered animals for sport.

Elephants are endangered species in the wild. Cattle are like a crop...raised by millions to be harvested. Not the same thing.

you're right that the number of bedbugs killed by the Orkin man exceeds the number of rhinos the guy killed. But bedbugs are not in danger of going extinct.

And the Orkin man does not severe the heads of bed bugs and mount them as trophies on his living room wall. :lol:

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 4:25 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Thank you, naturalplastic.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 4:26 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Cut me some slack, you know I'm a foreigner.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 5:27 am

best news I've heard all day, I hate trophy hunters, killing beautiful animals just to stick their heads on a wall is disgusting and sick. :twisted: :evil:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 7:16 am

Aprilviolets wrote:
best news I've heard all day, I hate trophy hunters, killing beautiful animals just to stick their heads on a wall is disgusting and sick. :twisted: :evil:

Agreed.
One less oxygen thief.
I will be celebrating when pootin falls off the perch, also. :mrgreen:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 7:31 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

I did NOT know that.

What non-English-speaking country are you from?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 7:45 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

I did NOT know that.

Really? Back in May you told me:

naturalplastic wrote:
Part of the problem is that you're not an American

BTW it's "you're" not "you're".

naturalplastic wrote:
What non-English-speaking country are you from?

Originally? Los Angeles County, CA.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 9:02 am

It's not my fault that you were putting on an Academy Award performance as a clueless foreigner.

You were even addressing us Americans as outsiders.

You played dumb, and pretended to be a foreigner who couldnt grasp the many obvious reasons why Americans (right, left, and center) all still talk about our once-and-likely-future President Trump.

I apologize for applauding your performance!

Jeeze! :lol:

Last edited by naturalplastic on 08 Jul 2022, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 11:10 am

Trump ain't gonna win in 2024.....

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 11:15 am

I don't care for trophy hunters but this is not state justice, this is vigilante justice and I really do not care for that. I am not allowed to kill someone, even if they are a hated member of the community.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 11:27 am

demeus wrote:
I don't care for trophy hunters but this is not state justice, this is vigilante justice and I really do not care for that. I am not allowed to kill someone, even if they are a hated member of the community.

I assumed the perps were African poachers (maybe supplying overseas Chinese interests) just out for money, and he just got in the way, or they thought he was muscling on their territory, or that he was a witness that needed to be rubbed out.

But the perps only took his rifle and left other valuables. So maybe the perps couldve been anti hunting vigilantes.

I doubt the evidence is in yet.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 11:30 am

naturalplastic wrote:
It's not my fault that you were putting on an Academy Award performance as a clueless foreigner.

You were even addressing us Americans as outsiders.

You played dumb, and pretended to be a foreigner who couldnt grasp the many obvious reasons why Americans (right, left, and center) all still talk about our once-and-likely-future President Trump.

I apologize for applauding your performance!

Geeze!

Nonsense. You the only one who's come to such erroneous conclusions. Just give it a rest already by cutting out the ad hominem crap.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 11:44 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump ain't gonna win in 2024.....

How does Trump manage to get into every thread? You Americans I swear. In my country we never did that over our former Grand Poobah. Thank you very much.