First Ever Severe Heatwave Warning for the UK, help!

Page 12 of 21 [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 4:57 am

KitLily wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Rare to find houses with air conditioning here though we do have special devices to see through walls and some of them also allow air to pass through them. We call them windows. :D

I'm not opening windows if the air outside is hotter than inside. Our house faces south and the kitchen is cooler that the air outside 8O

Is a through flow of air that makes the difference here. Above each of our doors is a ventilator so when we open windows front and back we have a nice breeze going through, but it was pretty windy last night and it is breezy today.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 5:06 am

It has just started pouring with rain though we have sunshine at the sae time! Heavy rain as well! I can smell the rain from here upstairs in the house.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 5:20 am

KitLily wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Could be worse. As we speak France is having your insane heat...plus...fires. Brush fires and forest fires.

Could be worse. Could be better. Could be scarier. Could be happier. Could be...anything. Let's just accept people's feelings for what they are in this moment in time instead of always comparing them to others.

I remember years ago on WP I made a thread about the my anxiety of extreme cold weather the UK had one winter, and I'm more sensitive to the cold and also I used to have a phobia of snow, and I got some rude poster responding ''buy a %!$*^&£ coat and grow the £&*% up!'' It was disgusting.

The poster was from Canada.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 5:51 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Is a through flow of air that makes the difference here. Above each of our doors is a ventilator so when we open windows front and back we have a nice breeze going through, but it was pretty windy last night and it is breezy today.

It's a bit inconvenient because our front door faces a main road so if I have the door open, everyone can see right into our house. But luckily we have a strong front gate we can lock so I've done that. People will just have to cope with seeing our house and me in my nightie :shrug:

Our house is designed to be snug in winter with soft furnishings, fitted carpets etc. to keep the heat in. We never imagined when we bought it that we'd be getting heatwaves like this.

There is a nice breeze today though. Well a HOT breeze but better than nothing.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 5:54 am

Joe90 wrote:
KitLily wrote:
Could be worse. Could be better. Could be scarier. Could be happier. Could be...anything. Let's just accept people's feelings for what they are in this moment in time instead of always comparing them to others.

I remember years ago on WP I made a thread about the my anxiety of extreme cold weather the UK had one winter, and I'm more sensitive to the cold and also I used to have a phobia of snow, and I got some rude poster responding ''buy a %!$*^&£ coat and grow the £&*% up!'' It was disgusting.

The poster was from Canada.

People can be such jerks.

I hate it when people say 'stop moaning. Other people have it worse than you.' How does that help anything? Other people have it better, too. Other people have all sorts of things, but I am allowed to have my own feelings about my own situations :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 5:59 am

I wonder if the cool front passed through Wales.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 6:00 am

It’s almost over…..I’m glad you were able to just relax today.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 6:06 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

It usually does! Wales is very wet, not often warm :lol:

It's funny, I think my body is adapting today. Even though it's hotter today, I don't feel so ill. The human body is very adaptable, even mine! 8O

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 6:08 am

KitLily wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

It's funny, I think my body is adapting today. Even though it's hotter today, I don't feel so ill. The human body is very adaptable, even mine! 8O

Not so wet in the south.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 6:08 am

Quote:
I hate it when people say 'stop moaning. Other people have it worse than you.' How does that help anything? Other people have it better, too. Other people have all sorts of things, but I am allowed to have my own feelings about my own situations :roll:

Yes I hate when people say that too, because they don't really know how bad it could really be for you as an individual or what's going on inside your head.
I remember one time here when I was worrying about something and another poster said "wanna trade?" meaning that my worries were invalid while their's were much worse. Then when you do worry about "big things" then people say "you can't do anything about it so don't bother worrying". You can't win! Basically it's a crime to worry and most people, NT or Aspie, don't have the empathy for folk with high anxiety levels. I seem to get on better with people here who are sensitive and worry about things. You're similar to me. We only worry about things because we're sensitive and we care. No rude, insensitive member on WP will change that (not referring to anyone personally). You're one of my favourite members here. :) :heart:

Last edited by Joe90 on 19 Jul 2022, 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 6:09 am

People do get acclimated to the heat—for sure!

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 6:20 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
KitLily wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Not so wet in the south.

Yes, I'm teasing you as an English person to a Welsh person :P I lived in Wales for a few years. Some of the nicest people I've ever met :heart:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 6:23 am

Joe90 wrote:
Basically it's a crime to worry and most people, NT or Aspie, don't have the empathy for folk with high anxiety levels. I seem to get on better with people here who are sensitive and worry about things.
You're one of my favourite members here. :) :heart:

I think scientists have done studies and the level of empathy in the West has been going down for decades. I reckon it's because we are used to being entertained by our phones etc. now and just watch everything go by without engaging.

Thank you. I am not used to being liked by people! It scares me a bit. I'm used to being sneered at, ignored and mocked. It is quite an adjustment!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 7:02 am

KitLily wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Basically it's a crime to worry and most people, NT or Aspie, don't have the empathy for folk with high anxiety levels. I seem to get on better with people here who are sensitive and worry about things.
You're one of my favourite members here. :) :heart:

I think scientists have done studies and the level of empathy in the West has been going down for decades. I reckon it's because we are used to being entertained by our phones etc. now and just watch everything go by without engaging.

Thank you. I am not used to being liked by people! It scares me a bit. I'm used to being sneered at, ignored and mocked. It is quite an adjustment!

That's nasty for people to sneer at such a lovely person like you. I bet if I met you in real life you'd be so great to be around. You're a great poster here so I hope you stick around.

There's a guy at work who's a bit like you. He's a sensitive soul and often gets people underappreciating his kind nature and his competence in his work. But after confiding in me about it, he feels much better because of the nice things I said about him and the fact that he knows I won't go and tell others what he says. He feels he can trust me and he knows I'm honest but tactful.
He's neurotypical as far as I know.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 7:06 am

Ive been to the UK a few times.

There’s a shopping mall in the southeast part, probably near Folkestone, that’s shaped sort of like a tent. Ashford?

My wife’s son lives in Bromley BR1.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 7:57 am

A line of thunderstorms moved through Plymouth, is now in Exeter, now Cardiff. It's 24 Celsius now, and going down in Plymouth.

I believe, once the thunderstorms arrive in your area, that it will get cooler.