Page 2 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 7:50 am

Based on the amount of deaths in a very short time which occurred in NYC during March and April 2020 (about 15,000 to 20,000 in that time, mostly from March 15 to April 15th), I would say that the "original" strain of COVID was much more virulent than the Delta Strain. Absolutely NOWHERE, in the history of the Pandemic, was the death rate so high in any one area.

I believe the overall virulence of COVID went down suddenly after the "original" strain receded and was replaced by the "variants." The subvariants of Omicron are less virulent than the original Omicron, which was less virulent than Delta, which might even been less virulent than Alpha, which was less virulent than the "original" strain.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 9:22 am

Yeah. Originally only a few would get the full honor of getting - the original near lethal version of covid.

But it will become like "fame"- everyone will soon get some mild version of it. Five minutes of covid. Then you're done- but still alive. :)

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 9:27 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
The number of people who have died from covid is a drop in the bucket compared to number of all the people who have died as a result of political gain. So that factor doesn't rule out the possibility.
You also can't forget falsified numbers, where Democrat-sponsored "epidemiologists" :roll: conflated deaths WITH Covid and deaths FROM Covid. In other words, if someone tested positive and was later hit by a train, their official cause of death would be... Covid. All for the purpose of ousting Big Bad Orange Man. I guess when it comes to elections, the end justifies the means. :evil:

Also remember:
1. When Donald Trump deployed a hospital ship to New York, Bill DeBlasio turned it away, saying it wasn't needed.
2. When Lori Lightfoot arranged for a field hospital to be set up in Chicago, only 10% of its beds got used.
3. When Gavin Newsom and Gretchen Whitmer put one of America's worst lockdowns, neither of them stayed home.

In before someone criticizes me for talking politics. A thread with words "Biden" and "Covid" CAN'T not get political.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 10:25 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Fact remains that it is in the viruses own best interest to not kill its hosts and, so, they are likely to mutate in the direction of being less lethal.

Viruses have brains capable of making cost benefit analysis?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 10:30 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Yeah. Originally only a few would get the full honor of getting - the original near lethal version of covid.

But it will become like "fame"- everyone will soon get some mild version of it. Five minutes of covid. Then you're done- but still alive. :)

Plenty of people are getting reeinfected.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 11:29 am

Off Topic
I am not that naive to think false flags are not employed. But if you are going to undermine an incumbent there are better ways to do it then unleashing an unpredictable economy killing deadly virus that leaves you inheriting a mess.

It is often pointed out that the lockdowns were planned in advance as part of a false flag coup. Lets do an alternative history in which during 2020 we treated COVID like we treated the Hong Kong Flu pandemic of 1968 by letting ‘er rip. Many many more people die and are disabled either by COVID Or Long Covid and the collapse of the health care system. People are germaphobic, government mandates would not be necessary to have everything shut down. Probably essential services collapse because essential workers are sick or dead. Lack of essential services, collapse of law and order that make the BLM riots look minor mean even more deaths.

The benefit would arguably be some sort of herd immunity is achieved and the mutations do not get a chance to happen but this is no guarantee.

The recovery efforts begin from a much worse place with much less brainpower because they are dead or disabled.

To attempt a this type of false flag you got to think all sorts of virgins await you after your suicide martyrdom mission, be so cocky that you are irrational, or be a super long term thinker who thinks because of your population advantage you can survive an apocalypse better and the Chinese Communist Party as evil as they are does not strike me as willing to make that extreme sacrifice just to be the last one standing.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 8:31 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Plenty of people are getting reeinfected.

Yep. Was just talking to a friend on the phone who seems to be getting a second helping of it.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 10:38 pm

Most everyone contracts a virus more than once. Many people contract Covid and don't know it. Either they have no symptoms or they think they have cold. Unreported cases are probably through the roof.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2022, 3:03 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!! ! :D :D :D :D :D

The Biden got Covid? That's freaking hilarious! Covid was made in a lab to undermine Trump and help him win. And now Dementia Joe himself got it. That's like a poacher getting killed by an endangered animal. And during a midterm election year at that! Looks like karma ran over the Democrat dogma.

You honestly believe someone intentionally created/unleashed a virus that killed millions for a highly uncertain and unpredictable political gain?

The number of people who have died from covid is a drop in the bucket compared to number of all the people who have died as a result of political gain. So that factor doesn't rule out the possibility.

You aren't wrong, what I wrote doesn't rule it out.

But what I wrote also isn't the only factor.

Conspiracies aren't impossible, but the probability of them getting carried out without real evidence and witnesses coming forward is so low as to render it nonexistent IMHO. Human beings are prone to mistakes. And a lot of human beings actually do have enough of a conscious to create leaks. Things don't happen without evidence or witnesses somewhere.

But I also realize that if someone believes something is a conspiracy, I'm not going to change their minds.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2022, 3:08 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Fact remains that it is in the viruses own best interest to not kill its hosts and, so, they are likely to mutate in the direction of being less lethal.

Viruses have brains capable of making cost benefit analysis?

No, but unhelpful mutations don't survive to replicate. Mutations that increase the viability of the virus do survive do replicate. It's not like mutations come in a single basket; there are many to "choose" from. Natural selection.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 23 Jul 2022, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2022, 3:11 am

Aspie1 wrote:
A thread with words "Biden" and "Covid" CAN'T not get political.

Point.

I know I should have left your conspiracy statement alone btw, its not like I could ever change your mind, but ... I just couldn't.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2022, 3:26 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m sure we would have heard something if he acquired serious symptoms.

I hope he recovers fully over the weekend.

I've heard its a really mild case. Although they've also given him Paxlovid (sp?) and the treatment itself often makes patients feel really sick.

We can expect it to run 10 days; unscientifically, that has been true for all my acquaintances who have gotten COVID.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

23 Jul 2022, 5:00 am

! Cornflake wrote:
A post making a personal attack and others with related noise have been removed.

Please keep it friendly; if you feel the need to attack someone, take that as an indication you have nothing of interest to contribute.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 7:27 pm

He’s almost fully recovered.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 7:31 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Thank the Lord!

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 7:39 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

It's a blessing in disguise. If The Biden became unfit to govern, Kakala Harris would take over. And she's a lot deadlier than he is.