F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 8 of 67 [ 1069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 67  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 12:15 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Trump violated every value of the Republican party so obviously you dont mean GOP vs Democrats.

There is a cult of mostly, but not entirely, one time Republicans, who have sold their souls, and their GOP values, to the Devil in order to join the cult of Trump. That is true. But I wouldnt call that cult a 'side'.

If that were true then there would be no reason to worry about Trump being reelected. But you stated in another thread the reason why Trump must be talked about 24/7 and brought into every conversation, is to fight against him being reelected. So which is it? A smallish cult, or more than half of American voters?

It is a mistake, in my opinion, to think of Trump as a Republican. He gets the party support because of promises he makes in trade, but he isn't actually a conservative.

His appeal crosses party lines for reasons that don't fit our party boxes. Its like a cult from my view.

Usually cults are small. They usually represent a fringe of society. If only Trump's cult would vote for him, then there's no chance he'd be reelected. It's either that or over half of American voters belong to a cult.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 12:28 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 12:28 am

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 1:13 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
It is a mistake, in my opinion, to think of Trump as a Republican. He gets the party support because of promises he makes in trade, but he isn't actually a conservative.

His appeal crosses party lines for reasons that don't fit our party boxes. Its like a cult from my view.

I'll give you a piece of information that a lot of Democrats seem to have trouble truly understanding; there's a huge pool of voters out there who aren't conservative per se, but are anti-left, and Trump taps into that by being the living embodiment of a middle finger to the left. It's not a cult, the left just sucks so much that a big chunk of the electorate is willing to tolerate an obviously incompetent grifter if he sticks it to them with sufficient vigor and attitude.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 1:17 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

I'll give you a piece of information that a lot of Democrats seem to have trouble truly understanding; there's a huge pool of voters out there who aren't conservative per se, but are anti-left, and Trump taps into that by being the living embodiment of a middle finger to the left. It's not a cult, the left just sucks so much that a big chunk of the electorate is willing to tolerate an obviously incompetent grifter if he sticks it to them with sufficient vigor and attitude.

I'd say that's spot on. I've seen a lot of sentiment of voting for whoever makes the left the most miserable. So if it's not Trump, it'll be DeSantis.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 1:21 am

goldfish21 wrote:

With the highlight of the tour being going through Melania's underwear.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 1:36 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I'd say that's spot on. I've seen a lot of sentiment of voting for whoever makes the left the most miserable. So if it's not Trump, it'll be DeSantis.

That's where I'm at, revenge is definitely a factor at this point. They won't leave me alone, so I'm going to pick whoever inflicts the most pain on them in return, even if I have to bend a few of my principles in the process.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 1:52 am

Dox47 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

That's where I'm at, revenge is definitely a factor at this point. They won't leave me alone, so I'm going to pick whoever inflicts the most pain on them in return, even if I have to bend a few of my principles in the process.

Who won't leave you alone? :?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 2:02 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Hmm is there a clue in the quoted material somewhere... :scratch:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 2:28 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Hmm is there a clue in the quoted material somewhere... :scratch:

"The Left," is accosting Dox47 in his home/workplace or whatever? :? Or is he just generally griping that Biden is president and he doesn't like liberal ideals? :? Seems like an odd statement to make that "they won't leave me alone," - rather vague.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 2:38 am

goldfish21 wrote:
"The Left," is accosting Dox47 in his home/workplace or whatever? :? Or is he just generally griping that Biden is president and he doesn't like liberal ideals? :? Seems like an odd statement to make that "they won't leave me alone," - rather vague.

Tantrum voters with an ideology that basically amounts to the crab mentality and rage towards anyone who questions it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 2:47 am

funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Tantrum voters with an ideology that basically amounts to the crab mentality and rage towards anyone who questions it.

Makes sense.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 3:06 am

goldfish21 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ! !!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 3:25 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Sure, there are doubtlessly plenty of people who are tired of extreme wokeness and extreme political correctness. But there isn't a Trump cult? Well, let's consider some of their more insane ideas:
Those who expect JFK Jr. to rise from the dead to be Trump's running mate and expose the world wide pedophile ring.
Those who believe Trump is actually a time traveler.
Those who say: "Time traveler? That's insane! He's obviously Jesus Christ, and this is his Second Coming."
Those who adamantly believe it was Antifa that had stormed the capitol, that patriots are being held as political prisoners for storming the capitol, and see absolutely no contradiction about any of that.
That there was no way Trump could have lost the election to Biden, and so there must have been a vast conspiracy involving Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, Democrat pedophiles, the global Jewish conspiracy, the Devil, Antifa, BLM, the ghost of Cesar Chavez, the global Jewish conspiracy again, China and its bamboo crop, voting machine makers, Italian intelligence using satellites to hack said voting machines, and yet again the global Jewish conspiracy... among others.
Those who can't believe a single word uttered by the media, because they're all out to get Trump.
Those who believe Biden hadn't really assassinated Zawahiri, apparently because the President can't be believed about anything.
That Covid had been created in a lab to derail the Trump Presidency (fellow WP members will recognize that claim posted recently by a member).
I could go on and on, but the list of lunacy would be too much to bare.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 3:52 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Sure, there are doubtlessly plenty of people who are tired of extreme wokeness and extreme political correctness. But there isn't a Trump cult? Well, let's consider some of their more insane ideas:
Those who expect JFK Jr. to rise from the dead to be Trump's running mate and expose the world wide pedophile ring.
Those who believe Trump is actually a time traveler.
Those who say: "Time traveler? That's insane! He's obviously Jesus Christ, and this is his Second Coming."
Those who adamantly believe it was Antifa that had stormed the capitol, that patriots are being held as political prisoners for storming the capitol, and see absolutely no contradiction about any of that.
That there was no way Trump could have lost the election to Biden, and so there must have been a vast conspiracy involving Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, Democrat pedophiles, the global Jewish conspiracy, the Devil, Antifa, BLM, the ghost of Cesar Chavez, the global Jewish conspiracy again, China and its bamboo crop, voting machine makers, Italian intelligence using satellites to hack said voting machines, and yet again the global Jewish conspiracy... among others.
Those who can't believe a single word uttered by the media, because they're all out to get Trump.
Those who believe Biden hadn't really assassinated Zawahiri, apparently because the President can't be believed about anything.
That Covid had been created in a lab to derail the Trump Presidency (fellow WP members will recognize that claim posted recently by a member).
I could go on and on, but the list of lunacy would be too much to bare.

He didn't say there wasn't a Trump cult. Rather he pointed out the huge pool of voters who not only aren't the Trump cult, but aren't even conservatives per se, who would vote for Trump or DeSantis purely out of spite because they've come to despise the left so much. They want to see it crushed into oblivion no matter what it takes.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 3:56 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

I am aware of that, actually, but the group isn't entirely homogeneous. I was thinking a few particular people when I chose the cult reference. The real point was how his appeal crosses standard ideological lines.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 11 Aug 2022, 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.