F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 10 of 60 [ 946 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 60  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,996
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

11 Aug 2022, 8:05 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m talking about authoritarianism in general. It doesn’t have to be specifically of a Nazi stripe.

I used the German 1933 election as an example of an instance where millions of people failed to use their critical thinking skills.

I’m not equating Trumpism with Nazism— though some of his supporters are neo-Nazis.

And don’t assume I’m a leftist—because I am not one. I’m a registered Independent.

Elizabeth Cheney is too conservative for me—but at least she has critical thinking skills. She realizes the fulsome character of the moral decay of Trumpism.

I have nothing against some conservatives. I wouldn’t have batted an eye if McCain became President. Trump was a total as*hole when he called him a coward. That’s one of many reasons why the military thinks he’s a douchebag.


Mmmhm :roll:


_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
- Thomas Jefferson


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,270
Location: US

11 Aug 2022, 8:06 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't happen to read "left-wing media." I don't form opinions based on it. I form them based on a composite of various media sources.

I prefer to read neutral news sources. Reuters is one of my favorites. I also read Fox News sometimes. I don't rely on CNN/MSNBC. In NYC, the Post is the conservative paper, and the Daily News is the liberal paper.

I wish we would come back to the times when journalism was relatively objective.

Then where are you getting all these horror story scenarios that never took place from?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,032
Location: Queens, NYC

11 Aug 2022, 8:08 am

Yeah yeah yeah.....people have been rolling their eyes at me since I was 6 years old.

I don't expect approbation at every turn. I expect that some people won't agree with me. It's the Nature of the Beast.

I just believe, if one would use one's common sense, that Trump shouldn't rule our nation. I didn't feel all that passionate about other conservatives who were President. At least they sought to rule within the Constitution, even if some of their ideas didn't jibe with mine.

Maybe Trump can go back to firing people on Apprentice, looking like a stupid as*hole.



Last edited by kraftiekortie on 11 Aug 2022, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,032
Location: Queens, NYC

11 Aug 2022, 8:11 am

I happen to believe in most aspects of "stand your ground."

I believe in defending one's home from burglars, say. But then suppose you shoot the wrong person?



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,996
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

11 Aug 2022, 8:13 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm talking more about the potential for disaster should Trump do something like----get rid of SSI. If Trump had a choice, he would get rid of most "entitlement programs." Leaving people on "benefits" totally in the lurch. People who are on "benefits" for a good reason, most of the time. Sure, you have some slackers----but most, if they had their druthers, would not be on "benefits."

I've been doing all right for a long time. I was smart enough to get a civil service job when I was 19.

Trump is only for people who he feels are high up on the totem pole. And only people who say "yes" to him at every turn.

He's put some very faithful people (to him) under the bus.


What did he actually do to put us at risk? There's a dividing line between scary bedtime stories told by left-wing media, and the reality of what actually did and did not take place during the Trump presidency.

What Trump would do is cut off SSI/SSDI and welfare to scamers and illegal aliens.


You should’ve been here in 2016, months BEFORE the election. It was a butthurt extravaganza over Trump.


_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
- Thomas Jefferson


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,270
Location: US

11 Aug 2022, 8:16 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yeah yeah yeah.....people have been rolling their eyes at me since I was 6 years old.

I don't expect approbation at every turn. I expect that some people won't agree with me. It's the Nature of the Beast.

I just believe, if one would use one's common sense, that Trump shouldn't rule our nation. I didn't feel all that passionate about other conservatives who were President. At least they sought to rule within the Constitution, even if some of their ideas didn't jibe with mine.

Maybe Trump can go back to firing people on Apprentice, looking like a stupid as*hole.

It sounds like you along with many have been taught to hate him without any specific reason. I don't think I've ever heard a hater mention any actual atrocities. Other than separating children from incarcerated adults.



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,270
Location: US

11 Aug 2022, 8:18 am

Raptor wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm talking more about the potential for disaster should Trump do something like----get rid of SSI. If Trump had a choice, he would get rid of most "entitlement programs." Leaving people on "benefits" totally in the lurch. People who are on "benefits" for a good reason, most of the time. Sure, you have some slackers----but most, if they had their druthers, would not be on "benefits."

I've been doing all right for a long time. I was smart enough to get a civil service job when I was 19.

Trump is only for people who he feels are high up on the totem pole. And only people who say "yes" to him at every turn.

He's put some very faithful people (to him) under the bus.


What did he actually do to put us at risk? There's a dividing line between scary bedtime stories told by left-wing media, and the reality of what actually did and did not take place during the Trump presidency.

What Trump would do is cut off SSI/SSDI and welfare to scamers and illegal aliens.


You should’ve been here in 2016, months BEFORE the election. It was a butthurt extravaganza over Trump.

I witnessed that elsewhere. Made me want to vote for him.



Last edited by Matrix Glitch on 11 Aug 2022, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,861
Location: Small Town From Hell

11 Aug 2022, 8:18 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Yeah yeah yeah.....people have been rolling their eyes at me since I was 6 years old.

I don't expect approbation at every turn. I expect that some people won't agree with me. It's the Nature of the Beast.

I just believe, if one would use one's common sense, that Trump shouldn't rule our nation. I didn't feel all that passionate about other conservatives who were President. At least they sought to rule within the Constitution, even if some of their ideas didn't jibe with mine.

Maybe Trump can go back to firing people on Apprentice, looking like a stupid as*hole.

It sounds like you along with many have been taught to hate him without any specific reason. I don't think I've ever heard a hater mention any actual atrocities. Other than separating children from incarcerated adults.


It’s been talked about ad nauseam. Maybe consider reading through older posts. It gets redundant saying the same thing over and over again and for people to refuse to listen or even deny over and over again.

It’s a waste of time, just like this thread at this point.


_________________
Away.


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,270
Location: US

11 Aug 2022, 8:20 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Yeah yeah yeah.....people have been rolling their eyes at me since I was 6 years old.

I don't expect approbation at every turn. I expect that some people won't agree with me. It's the Nature of the Beast.

I just believe, if one would use one's common sense, that Trump shouldn't rule our nation. I didn't feel all that passionate about other conservatives who were President. At least they sought to rule within the Constitution, even if some of their ideas didn't jibe with mine.

Maybe Trump can go back to firing people on Apprentice, looking like a stupid as*hole.

It sounds like you along with many have been taught to hate him without any specific reason. I don't think I've ever heard a hater mention any actual atrocities. Other than separating children from incarcerated adults.


It’s been talked about ad nauseam. Maybe consider reading through older posts. It gets redundant saying the same thing over and over again and for people to refuse to listen or even deny over and over again.

It’s a waste of time, just like this thread at this point.

I'm the one usually complaining about the same stuff about Trump being said over and over again.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,032
Location: Queens, NYC

11 Aug 2022, 8:22 am

I wish one of you Trump admirers would actually work for him.

See how much you love him after working for him for a few months----if he allows you to stay working for him for that long.

He's a "what have you done for me lately?" type. If you're not useful to him, even if you agree with him 100%, out you go.



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,270
Location: US

11 Aug 2022, 8:31 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish one of you Trump admirers would actually work for him.

See how much you love him after working for him for a few months----if he allows you to stay working for him for that long.

He's a "what have you done for me lately?" type. If you're not useful to him, even if you agree with him 100%, out you go.

There you go again with programmed rhetoric. Just because I know he didn't commit any evil monster atrocities, and don't hate him with a passion, doesn't mean I admire him. If I worked security for Trump Co, I doubt I'd be any more affected by him than my current CEO. Which is zero.



Last edited by Matrix Glitch on 11 Aug 2022, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,032
Location: Queens, NYC

11 Aug 2022, 8:33 am

Trump is not a person I would trust near the Nuclear Button....that's the bottom line.

I wouldn't really care if some moderate conservative became President. Not that Trump is a conservative----but you know what I mean...



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,270
Location: US

11 Aug 2022, 8:40 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump is not a person I would trust near the Nuclear Button....that's the bottom line.

I wouldn't really care if some moderate conservative became President. Not that Trump is a conservative----but you know what I mean...

Fair enough. There's plenty of realistic reasons not to vote for him in 2024.



VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,208
Location: Illinois

11 Aug 2022, 8:47 am

I worry more about Biden when it comes to initiating a nuclear holocaust, since he's been a war monger his entire career. Trump didn't start a new war during his four years, but of course didn't live up to his campaign promise of ending them either.


_________________
What do you call a hot dog in a gangster suit?

Oscar Meyer Lansky


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,032
Location: Queens, NYC

11 Aug 2022, 8:56 am

Biden is more even-tempered, more the type to listen to common sense.

I'm not exactly a great fan of his---I didn't like him 30 years ago during the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings. But he would have had enough sense to guard the Capitol enough so that protestors wouldn't be able to get within a block of it.

Trump wanted to be with his buddies protesting near, and then in, the Capitol Building. He got furious with the Secret Service people who wanted to drive him back to the White House.

It was the marauders in the Capitol Building whom he "loved," and whom he thought were "special." What sane human being would think people ransacking the Capitol Building, the seat of our Government, should be "loved" and considered "special"? Most Presidents would have wanted to throw the lot in prison, and throw away the key.



Last edited by kraftiekortie on 11 Aug 2022, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,882
Location: Stendec

11 Aug 2022, 8:59 am

Inside informant tipped off investigators about more documents at Mar-a-Lago.

The FBI search of former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence on Monday was prompted by a tip to investigators about the possibility of additional classified documents at the Palm Beach club.


Read the Full Story
 HERE ,  HERE , and  HERE .

It looks like Mar-A-Lago has a mole infestation.

:lol:


_________________
 
• Veritas Illuminata • Semper Illuminans •