F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 16 of 67 [ 1069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 67  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 10:59 pm

Day 2,203 of investigations and 0 charges filed.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 11:09 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:

Your statement is only accurate if you refuse to count charges against anyone who isn’t named Trump. Otherwise, there have been dozens of charges and convictions that have come from Trump related investigations.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 11:19 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Your statement is only accurate if you refuse to count charges against anyone who isn’t named Trump. Otherwise, there have been dozens of charges and convictions that have come from Trump related investigations.

I think the kids these days call that a cope.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 11:19 pm

They took a long time to convict John Gotti, too….but it was worth it.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 11:29 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

I specifically meant Trump. Most charges filed against others in the 2,203 days of investigations, had nothing to do with what was being investigated.

If anyone is wondering, I came up with the number of days being 2,203 based on the FBI opening an investigation into the links between Trump and Russian officials on July 31, 2016. 365 x 6 = 2,190 + 13 days since July 31, 2022.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 11:39 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
This makes me curious which opinions you have that are vilified by The Left. :? It makes me wonder if they were considered "normal 15 minutes ago," by everyone, or only those who share your opinions. Without knowing specifics about what they are it's hard to form an opinion of my own about them.

IMO, there are a lot of "opinions," who's time has come to be relegated to the history books as being from a bygone era of racism, classism, sexism, homophobia/transphobia etc and ought to no longer be acceptable by anyone, regardless of political affiliation.

Ugh, I don't know what is more annoying, the tired effort to implicate me in some kind of bigotry, or the clumsy attempt to be slick about it.

Shall I pick some low hanging fruit? Claiming that there is no biological difference between men and women, and that insisting there is makes one a sexist and a transphobe? Weird race politics where the same type of discrimination is either pure evil or beneficial and necessary depending on who it's being done to and by whom? How about property crime not being real crime, since everyone has insurance, and you're the bad guy if you call the cops cause they might hurt a thief or vandal? Redefining words when they become politically inconvenient (what is a recession?)? Making COVID policy according to political favoritism? I could go on.

What, you thought I just wanted to say slurs in public or something?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 11:40 pm

If somebody murdered your mother, would you want the investigations into finding her murderer stopped after six years?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 11:45 pm

Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
This makes me curious which opinions you have that are vilified by The Left. :? It makes me wonder if they were considered "normal 15 minutes ago," by everyone, or only those who share your opinions. Without knowing specifics about what they are it's hard to form an opinion of my own about them.

IMO, there are a lot of "opinions," who's time has come to be relegated to the history books as being from a bygone era of racism, classism, sexism, homophobia/transphobia etc and ought to no longer be acceptable by anyone, regardless of political affiliation.

Ugh, I don't know what is more annoying, the tired effort to implicate me in some kind of bigotry, or the clumsy attempt to be slick about it.

Shall I pick some low hanging fruit? Claiming that there is no biological difference between men and women, and that insisting there is makes one a sexist and a transphobe? Weird race politics where the same type of discrimination is either pure evil or beneficial and necessary depending on who it's being done to and by whom? How about property crime not being real crime, since everyone has insurance, and you're the bad guy if you call the cops cause they might hurt a thief or vandal? Redefining words when they become politically inconvenient (what is a recession?)? Making COVID policy according to political favoritism? I could go on.

Bill Maher sums it up quite well:

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 12:18 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If somebody murdered your mother, would you want the investigations into finding her murderer stopped after six years?

If they had been investigating an individual for 2,203 days, I'd be wondering why they hadn't gotten anywhere.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 12:32 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

If they had been investigating an individual for 2,203 days, I'd be wondering why they hadn't gotten anywhere.

Why do you assume they haven’t gotten anywhere? :?

They’re not finished yet.

I’d like to believe some retired secret service or soemthingerother guy I saw on a news clip a few years ago when he said “He will die in jail,” referring to trump. His crimes against the USA certainly seem worthy of a life sentence to me - or at least enough years to cover the rest of trump’s natural lifespan.

Orange oaf literally tried to overthrow the US gov’t and install himself as dictator and you think he’s going to walk? :lol: No way, Jose. donnie’s in big time trouble.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 12:43 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Bill Maher sums it up quite well:

As a gay man, I laughed at a couple of punchlines but for the most part.. “Ok, Boomer,” is right. He simply doesn’t know what he doesn’t know about gay/trans people.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 12:44 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Why do you assume they haven’t gotten anywhere? :?

They’re not finished yet.

I’d like to believe some retired secret service or soemthingerother guy I saw on a news clip a few years ago when he said “He will die in jail,” referring to trump. His crimes against the USA certainly seem worthy of a life sentence to me - or at least enough years to cover the rest of trump’s natural lifespan.

Orange oaf literally tried to overthrow the US gov’t and install himself as dictator and you think he’s going to walk? :lol: No way, Jose. donnie’s in big time trouble.

It's been pure nothing burger so far. All the whatabouts, analogies, and conjecturing in the world doesn't change that. He's always been in big trouble for years. The jig has always been up for years. They've been coming down on him hard and ready to drop the hammer for years. And of course it's not finished yet. It has to keep running until the midterm votes, and then pick back up for the 2024 votes. In which case it will have stretched out for 8 years. Although if the Republicans sweep the congress and senate this year, that might finally put an end to the circus.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 12:51 am

goldfish21 wrote:
As a gay man, I laughed at a couple of punchlines but for the most part.. “Ok, Boomer,” is right. He simply doesn’t know what he doesn’t know about gay/trans people.

Is there any such thing as a gay man anymore considering the ever deepening rabbit hole of multi fluid orientations and genders? And I'm sure the younger generations are being well coached and regularly updated on whatever LGBTQQIP2SAA+ is supposed to be through social media. You yourself are probably on the brink of being a dinosaur.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 1:10 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Is there any such thing as a gay man anymore considering the ever deepening rabbit hole of multi fluid orientations and genders? And I'm sure the younger generations are being well coached and regularly updated on whatever LGBTQQIP2SAA+ is supposed to be through social media. You yourself are probably on the brink of being a dinosaur.

Cut It Out, This Isn't A Transphobic Site.
Other than That Let's Get Back on Topic.

-Just a Suggestion, Mr. Glitch.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 1:45 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

:roll:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 2:18 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Trump being punished or skating away is the only thing that counts. There are all sorts of very valid reasons why those other convictions should count beyond those individuals and their families but should matter and does matter are two different things.

Matrix Glitch wrote:
It's been pure nothing burger so far. All the whatabouts, analogies, and conjecturing in the world doesn't change that. He's always been in big trouble for years. The jig has always been up for years. They've been coming down on him hard and ready to drop the hammer for years. And of course it's not finished yet. It has to keep running until the midterm votes, and then pick back up for the 2024 votes. In which case it will have stretched out for 8 years. Although if the Republicans sweep the congress and senate this year, that might finally put an end to the circus.

You are too optimistic. It's never going to end, at least at bare minimum not in our lifetimes. If the man dies without being convicted there are still going to be new revelations that would "prove" he would have been convicted if only he were still alive. It will work the other way also. If he is convicted long after his death there are going to be "revelations" that "prove" he was framed.

Keep this thread reasonably on topic because it is too important a topic to be locked and thus not allowed to be discussed again.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 13 Aug 2022, 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.