F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 29 of 67 [ 1069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 67  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 6:10 pm

Raptor wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Michael Cohen figures trump is going to use ghouliani as his bogo scapegoat for both mar-a-lago and the Georgia cases.

Raptor wrote:
All this desperation and grasping at straws is entertaining.

You mean by his supporters trying to pretend he isn't guilty of numerous serious crimes and going down for them? :? Indeed, it is! :ketchup chips:

Could also mean we could care less what he did.

Why?

Why would people not care that a potus/ex-potus committed numerous crimes against the country? :?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 6:23 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Michael Cohen figures trump is going to use ghouliani as his bogo scapegoat for both mar-a-lago and the Georgia cases.

Raptor wrote:

You mean by his supporters trying to pretend he isn't guilty of numerous serious crimes and going down for them? :? Indeed, it is! :ketchup chips:

Why?

Why would people not care that a potus/ex-potus committed numerous crimes against the country? :?

Well, when you factor in that my preferred way to leave this world is to be found guilty of crimes against humanity by a war crimes tribunal and put to death by firing squad, nothing about me should surprise anyone.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 8:44 pm

Raptor wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Raptor wrote:

Why?

Well, when you factor in that my preferred way to leave this world is to be found guilty of crimes against humanity by a war crimes tribunal and put to death by firing squad, nothing about me should surprise anyone.

Sounds like you’re saying mental illness is the reason to not care what crimes trump committed.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2022, 9:17 pm

ozymandias poem meaning

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 1:18 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
The originalist Supreme Court is going to be worse for you than you realize.

Not for me it's not, that alone is worth the chaos of the Trump years to me, and they're just getting started with the rolling back of the regulatory state, I hope Chevron deference is next on the chopping block.

If this board still exists in a few decades, why don't we check back in with each other and assess how it actually played out.

If that's how long it's going to take for this to play out, I'll probably be dead by then.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 1:25 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Why?

Sounds like you’re saying mental illness is the reason to not care what crimes trump committed.

He's stone cold sane. That's the scary part.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 3:24 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
The originalist Supreme Court is going to be worse for you than you realize.

Not for me it's not, that alone is worth the chaos of the Trump years to me, and they're just getting started with the rolling back of the regulatory state, I hope Chevron deference is next on the chopping block.

If this board still exists in a few decades, why don't we check back in with each other and assess how it actually played out.

If that's how long it's going to take for this to play out, I'll probably be dead by then.

We'll see decisions starting quickly, but fully understanding the long term ripples of these decisions will take time. I've seen the law of unintended consequences play out too strongly in my lifetime to ever discount it.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 4:21 am

Trump’s passports returned after Mar-a-Lago search, DOJ official says.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/trump-passp ... 21253.html

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 4:43 am

Maybe I'm just a lot smarter than Trump, but if I was POTUS, and had full access to everything, and wanted to sell secret documents, I would have just made photocopies and returned the originals asap. If the sellable classified material was in digital form, then it would have been even easier to just transfer copies onto a thumb drive. Either way no one would know that I had a boatload of duplicates ready for the highest bidder.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 6:11 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Why?

Right here on WP I’ve been called a dangerous psychopath and a sick sociopath. :D

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 7:25 am

Raptor wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Why?

Right here on WP I’ve been called a dangerous psychopath and a sick sociopath. :D

Meh nobody's perfect.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 8:08 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Meh nobody's perfect.

On a website infested with progressives, any non-progressive should wear those labels as badges of honor.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 9:57 am

Raptor wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Meh nobody's perfect.

On a website infested with progressives, any non-progressive should wear those labels as badges of honor.

The following are jokes folks
“Infested” huh. Since spraying them with Trump makes them grow faster are there any sprays that do work?

Whatever they have been spraying us political non binaries with sure has been working.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 10:15 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Maybe I'm just a lot smarter than Trump, but if I was POTUS, and had full access to everything, and wanted to sell secret documents, I would have just made photocopies and returned the originals asap. If the sellable classified material was in digital form, then it would have been even easier to just transfer copies onto a thumb drive. Either way no one would know that I had a boatload of duplicates ready for the highest bidder.

trump is 76 years old and doesn't text message or use email. You think he has the technical knowledge to make & store secure digital copies of things? And then to transfer them discreetly? Unlikely. I bet the only "tech skill," he's learned in decades is how to tweet.

Also, I think he's been so used to criming out in the open with nearly zero consequences his entire life that he figured he could just do as he always does and get away with things. Probably wasn't nearly as careful as someone ought to have been attempting to pull of these particular crimes because he's never truly had to be that careful.. he just bullshits people or says "whatever, sue me,' and carries on Billionaire-ing like nothing ever happened. He dramatically underestimated the "f**k around and find out," factor of trying to overthrow the US government and/or stealing national secrets to sell. And now he's on the cusp of finding out.. and it's going to be glorious! Like, there are not enough ketchup chips in the world for all the eyeballs on US news these days watching trump unravel and go down. 8)

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 11:49 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

trump is 76 years old and doesn't text message or use email. You think he has the technical knowledge to make & store secure digital copies of things? And then to transfer them discreetly? Unlikely. I bet the only "tech skill," he's learned in decades is how to tweet.

Yeah but I said photocopy first.
goldfish21 wrote:
Also, I think he's been so used to criming out in the open with nearly zero consequences his entire life that he figured he could just do as he always does and get away with things. Probably wasn't nearly as careful as someone ought to have been attempting to pull of these particular crimes because he's never truly had to be that careful.. he just bullshits people or says "whatever, sue me,' and carries on Billionaire-ing like nothing ever happened. He dramatically underestimated the "f**k around and find out," factor of trying to overthrow the US government and/or stealing national secrets to sell. And now he's on the cusp of finding out.. and it's going to be glorious! Like, there are not enough ketchup chips in the world for all the eyeballs on US news these days watching trump unravel and go down. 8)

So that's why he simply didn't photocopy them to sell later. Okay.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 11:55 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Off Topic
This is how I see the past, current, and future situations. The anti Trump people tried everything often throwing away caution and logic to take him down. It has mostly been failure after failure. The one major success was he was not reelected. That plus the at the time the seeming keystone cop nature of the insurrection, his being off twitter had opponents convinced they had taken him and the MAGA movement down for good. When that turned out not to be the case they decided to throw all caution to the wind and go after him as hard as possible in as many ways as possible in the hope that something, anything works. That is the stage we are at now.

There are several ways this can go.
All efforts fail he skates away and is re-elected or is jailed but reelected. Both MAGA’s and opponents are convinced Trump has some magic superpowers over progressives. The MAGA’s will assume the superpowers is God or some religious like superpower. The progressives won’t have a clue as to what it is or maybe deep down become convinced they are on God’s bad side. Resistance might continue but it will be trying to do the same thing and expecting a different result. All sides will know this resistance is pathetic.

Trump dies before he can be convicted. This idea that he would have been convicted would give progressives some but incomplete solace. Trump not on the scene takes out an instigator. The basic truth that Trump skated away will remain. It might actually be worse in that the MAGA movement would be led by the the smarter more stable DeSantis

Trump is convicted of many crimes, put away for life, not re elected, justice is served. I view this as at best a lesser evil that can go horribly wrong. If possible for the MAGA’s Trump is more of a martyr. Some who disliked Trump see the heavy handedness and become MAGA sympathizers. The instigator is gone but more on the fence seeing the evidence become anti MAGA. That will not at all kill the MAGA movement they would still be dangerous it would lesson their influence and give progressives time to reform and heal the nation.

The above is the best case scenario. The worst case scenario is that Progressives both relived and more convinced then ever of the righteousness and inevitability of their cause go way overboard both in efforts keep down if not get rid of the MAGA movement, and also on policy matters thus strengthening the MAGA movement. This in my estimation is the most likely result of a permanent put down of Trump.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman