F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 59 of 65 [ 1027 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 65  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

23 Sep 2022, 11:52 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

He might not end up in shackles in a cell, but there's no way he's skating. At minimum he's going to lose his fortune and his name is going to go down in the history books as the biggest loser & fraud in American business and politics to date.


I don't share your confidence. I don't think he's going down, not that he shouldn't, but I think he can draw it out long enough to live out the rest of his natural life, and maybe even have another shot as president. History, however, will record him accurately, I believe. And historians will enjoy dissecting how he duped so many, and out played the rest.

Meanwhile, we really have to stop giving the man oxygen. We're giving him life. He's more likely to go down if we shut up. No one's mind is going to change; the evidence won't turn his fans against him. It actually does the opposite.

My sentiments as well.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,816
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

24 Sep 2022, 12:42 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

He might not end up in shackles in a cell, but there's no way he's skating. At minimum he's going to lose his fortune and his name is going to go down in the history books as the biggest loser & fraud in American business and politics to date.


I don't share your confidence. I don't think he's going down, not that he shouldn't, but I think he can draw it out long enough to live out the rest of his natural life, and maybe even have another shot as president. History, however, will record him accurately, I believe. And historians will enjoy dissecting how he duped so many, and out played the rest.

Meanwhile, we really have to stop giving the man oxygen. We're giving him life. He's more likely to go down if we shut up. No one's mind is going to change; the evidence won't turn his fans against him. It actually does the opposite.


I hope he lives long enough to see his business empire seized and chipped away at by the US gov’t to pay taxes & restitution and so on. But if he dies soon, oh well.

Can’t let his cult members pump him up without knocking him down a peg at every opportunity.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,244
Location: Seattle-ish

24 Sep 2022, 1:18 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
It actually does the opposite.


That's a bingo.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,816
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

24 Sep 2022, 1:42 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
It actually does the opposite.


That's a bingo.

Then I guess if you're just gonna double down the more donnie gets slagged for being a low life then it's gonna hurt pretty bad when he goes down for all the crap he's pulled. Don't say I didn't warn you.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,816
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

24 Sep 2022, 1:50 am

Image


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

24 Sep 2022, 2:45 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
It actually does the opposite.


That's a bingo.

Then I guess if you're just gonna double down the more donnie gets slagged for being a low life then it's gonna hurt pretty bad when he goes down for all the crap he's pulled. Don't say I didn't warn you.

:lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,816
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

24 Sep 2022, 3:40 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
It actually does the opposite.


That's a bingo.

Then I guess if you're just gonna double down the more donnie gets slagged for being a low life then it's gonna hurt pretty bad when he goes down for all the crap he's pulled. Don't say I didn't warn you.

:lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

The cognitive dissonance is going to hurt the most for this one.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

24 Sep 2022, 4:56 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
It actually does the opposite.


That's a bingo.

Then I guess if you're just gonna double down the more donnie gets slagged for being a low life then it's gonna hurt pretty bad when he goes down for all the crap he's pulled. Don't say I didn't warn you.

:lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

The cognitive dissonance is going to hurt the most for this one.

They'll just move on to DeSantis. And those who enjoy seeing libs get butthurt will love for that to happen. And to add insult to injury, DeSantis will most likely pardon Trump. Which is why they'll all vote for him.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,816
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

24 Sep 2022, 11:36 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
They'll just move on to DeSantis. And those who enjoy seeing libs get butthurt will love for that to happen. And to add insult to injury, DeSantis will most likely pardon Trump. Which is why they'll all vote for him.


Bolded part is the part that makes so little sense. It seems a LOT, maybe a majority, of republican voters are basing their vote on who will 'own the libs,' instead of who will do the best job of governing according to their policy preferences and what will benefit them.

Wtf? Why vote against healthcare and education and all sorts of other things to 'own the libs,' while shooting yourself in the foot/face?


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,673
Location: Long Island, New York

24 Sep 2022, 12:15 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

He might not end up in shackles in a cell, but there's no way he's skating. At minimum he's going to lose his fortune and his name is going to go down in the history books as the biggest loser & fraud in American business and politics to date.


I don't share your confidence. I don't think he's going down, not that he shouldn't, but I think he can draw it out long enough to live out the rest of his natural life, and maybe even have another shot as president. History, however, will record him accurately, I believe. And historians will enjoy dissecting how he duped so many, and out played the rest.

Meanwhile, we really have to stop giving the man oxygen. We're giving him life. He's more likely to go down if we shut up. No one's mind is going to change; the evidence won't turn his fans against him. It actually does the opposite.


I do not even think about a world where Trump is ignored because I am as confident that won’t happen as Goldfish is that he is going down. He is a master, the most skilled I have ever seen at getting people to react to him. Nobody has come close, not close to figuring out how not to react to him.

I agree I have serious doubts he is going down because he is almost as skilled if not as skilled at walking that metaphorical tightrope.

But by default something might stick. So what would be worse?. We are too far down the rabbit hole for a good result. I would guess short term would be worse if they get him, long term worse if he skates. A country after he skates for good would be insufferable. If you think the MAGA’s are cocky now you ain’t seen nothing. 24/7 bullying and crowing and there would be no comeback that would not be pathetic. The anti MAGA’s will either give up or double down on violence and wokeness. Not that all anti MAGA’s will become woke but almost all will view America as irredeemably bad as the wokes do. Arguing there are still good points, and that the ideals are still good might still be true, but it would be a pathetic endeavor.

DeSantis is the reason despite what I wrote above I am not confident in my prediction that in the long term Trump skating would be the greater evil.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,673
Location: Long Island, New York

24 Sep 2022, 12:29 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
They'll just move on to DeSantis. And those who enjoy seeing libs get butthurt will love for that to happen. And to add insult to injury, DeSantis will most likely pardon Trump. Which is why they'll all vote for him.


Bolded part is the part that makes so little sense. It seems a LOT, maybe a majority, of republican voters are basing their vote on who will 'own the libs,' instead of who will do the best job of governing according to their policy preferences and what will benefit them.

Wtf? Why vote against healthcare and education and all sorts of other things to 'own the libs,' while shooting yourself in the foot/face?

Why do armies before they surrender torch everything? Same basic human instinct.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,816
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

24 Sep 2022, 2:02 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
They'll just move on to DeSantis. And those who enjoy seeing libs get butthurt will love for that to happen. And to add insult to injury, DeSantis will most likely pardon Trump. Which is why they'll all vote for him.


Bolded part is the part that makes so little sense. It seems a LOT, maybe a majority, of republican voters are basing their vote on who will 'own the libs,' instead of who will do the best job of governing according to their policy preferences and what will benefit them.

Wtf? Why vote against healthcare and education and all sorts of other things to 'own the libs,' while shooting yourself in the foot/face?

Why do armies before they surrender torch everything? Same basic human instinct.


Not really, imo.

I get why trump is going scorched earth on America if he can’t have it to rule over, but it doesn’t make sense for 1/2 the country’s citizens to vote against themselves and their best interests ensuring they won’t get proper educations or healthcare just to piss off the other half. Bizarre!


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,244
Location: Seattle-ish

24 Sep 2022, 2:14 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Then I guess if you're just gonna double down the more donnie gets slagged for being a low life then it's gonna hurt pretty bad when he goes down for all the crap he's pulled. Don't say I didn't warn you.


Have you already forgotten how many times I've told you that I don't actually care about Trump? The only reason I want him to skate is for the anguish it's going to cause his haters, it's no skin off my nose if anything happens to him.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,244
Location: Seattle-ish

24 Sep 2022, 2:16 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
The cognitive dissonance is going to hurt the most for this one.


You shouldn't use terms you clearly don't understand.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,816
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

24 Sep 2022, 2:21 pm

Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The cognitive dissonance is going to hurt the most for this one.


You shouldn't use terms you clearly don't understand.

Thanks, tips. I’m well aware of what the phrase means and used it properly.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,244
Location: Seattle-ish

24 Sep 2022, 2:37 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Thanks, tips. I’m well aware of what the phrase means and used it properly.


You don't, and you didn't.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson