F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 3 of 67 [ 1069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 67  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 8:34 am

I feel like more and more conservatives have had enough of the Trump crap. You have some pretty hard-core conservatives moving away from the Trump juggernaut.

If DeSantis is more Trump than Trump, he'd have even less of a chance for the nomination.

I doubt very much that 74 million or more voters will vote for someone like Trump or DeSantis in 2024.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 09 Aug 2022, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 8:37 am

Trump's not going to get indicted because U.S. presidents never pay for their crimes. That's a fact jack! Don't look for it. It ain't gonna happen.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 8:47 am

There are overtures towards indictment occurring which wouldn't have been even dreamt of, or conceived, when it came to Nixon.

Ford pardoned Nixon; there was a backlash-----but it was thought by most, even Democrats, that it was the "right thing to do."

No such "pardon" will be forthcoming from Biden.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 8:51 am

Raptor wrote:
Let’s say y’all’s wet dream comes true and your boogie man gets sent up the river.

1. He becomes a martyr and unites the right, but it’ll be a lot more than just tiki torches and Dodge Challengers.

2. Makes a DeSantis victory more certain. You really really won’t like DeSantis.

Wait, this is taking place in Florida... DeSantis is the governor of Florida...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 8:58 am

Trump Raid Occurs Mere Hours After Alex Jones Texts Filed with DOJ and January 6 Committee

The FBI's raid of Donald Trump Mar-a-Lago home has sparked theories involving the release of texts by far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones.

It is not yet entirely clear the reason for the federal law enforcement's raid on Trump's home.  However, it follows months of speculation that federal prosecutors had turned their attention to his actions regarding the riots that occurred on January 6.

This raid comes after two years' worth of text message sent and received by Jones were turned over the House select committee investigating the January 6 riots.

The text messages were handed over to the committee by Mark Bankston, who represented two Sandy Hook parents who successfully sued Jones in Texas and won almost $50 million in a civil trial that ended last week.

(Coincidence?  Doubtful.)

Read the Full Story
 HERE 

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 Aug 2022, 9:15 am

VegetableMan wrote:
Trump's not going to get indicted because U.S. presidents never pay for their crimes. That's a fact jack! Don't look for it. It ain't gonna happen.
I think at the end of it all, when/if charges ever get laid, that's probably going to turn out to be true - and there's a good chance he'll die of old age before any mud actually sticks.
These people seem able to wriggle out of anything, with footsoldiers being thrown under the bus as a sacrifice.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 9:51 am

Just as long as it keeps him from being reelected. That's all that matters.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 10:25 am

At this point, I believe only hard-core Trumpites would vote for Trump in 2024.

And a few million who don't know any better.

I don't believe he would get 74 million votes. He would probably win most of the "red" states---but probably at least a couple of states fewer than in 2020.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 10:49 am

Yeah but they still can't take the chance of that happening.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 11:40 am

It’s going to come down to whoever the republican candidate will be or Biden/Harris and those two won’t get much love.

As usual, it’ll be whoever the voters consider to be the lesser evil.

I would not vote for a democrat if my life depended on it.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 11:45 am

Cornflake wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I think at the end of it all, when/if charges ever get laid, that's probably going to turn out to be true - and there's a good chance he'll die of old age before any mud actually sticks.
These people seem able to wriggle out of anything, with footsoldiers being thrown under the bus as a sacrifice.

The primary reason that presidents won't be put on trial for their crimes is because it will shine to bright a light on the corruption of the system as a whole.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 11:51 am

VegetableMan wrote:
You seem to have overlooked one tiny, little detail . . .
Donald Trump is not the President.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 11:57 am

Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Ha! Seriously?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 12:04 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Ha! Seriously?
Seriously.  Even Mr. Trump seems to have forgotten that he is not President of the United States . . .
Donald Trump wrote:
"“These are dark times for our Nation, as my beautiful home, Mar-A-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents.  Nothing like this has ever happened to a President of the United States before."

Source:
 This Associated Press article 

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 Aug 2022, 12:31 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

The primary reason that presidents won't be put on trial for their crimes is because it will shine to bright a light on the corruption of the system as a whole.
Yep, I think there's more than an element of truth in this. There are similar mechanisms in play in UK politics, especially WRT the compost heap known as Boris Johnson - but the House of Commons is stuffed with similar Teflon-coated types who seem to fail upwards.

Fnord, I think VegetableMan was referring to "Presidents" as including ex-presidents.
Someone doesn't have to be a sitting president in order to escape justice - that's just as easily managed by ex-presidents too.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 12:34 pm

I guess time will show what happens one way or the other.