Attack on Ohio FBI Building Thwarted.

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 8:57 pm

True, no damage done. But the potential was there. And there's plenty more of his kind lurking in the burbs

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 9:09 pm

It looks staged.
The stereotypical middle age angry white man in a confederate flag shirt and an AR-15.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 9:33 pm

Raptor wrote:
It looks staged.
The stereotypical middle age angry white man in a confederate flag shirt and an AR-15.

Cyberdad has a whole library of photos of such.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 11:04 pm

Raptor wrote:

Did you catch the blind guy on the left? It's a nice touch.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 11:42 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Word has it his guide dog was heavily armed.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 11:52 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Word has it his guide dog was heavily armed.

:lol:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 2:59 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
The suspect is described as a white male, armed with a rifle.

Is this the man?

He does look like your average 2nd Amendment supporter.

I have not seen any evidence that is him. That is what people wish he looked like because it fits a narrative. That guy looks older than the 42-year-old suspect was. The thing is there is reason to believe the picture probably is not needed to fit the narrative. And he was a veteran.
Ohio Man Was on the F.B.I.’s Radar for Months
Quote:
A man whom the police say they killed hours after he tried to breach the F.B.I.’s Cincinnati office had been on the radar of the federal authorities for months, two law enforcement officials said on Friday.

The officials said federal investigators had been looking into whether the man, Ricky Shiffer, 42, of Columbus, had been involved in the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. They also said the F.B.I. had received a tip about Mr. Shiffer in May that was unrelated to Jan. 6, and agents opened a separate inquiry that included conducting interviews in Florida and Ohio.

The F.B.I. acknowledged in a statement that it had received information about Mr. Shiffer before Thursday, but said that the information “did not contain a specific and credible threat.” The bureau said agents from multiple offices had tried to find and interview him, but had not been successful. A neighbor at an apartment complex in Columbus where Mr. Shiffer lived, who declined to give his name, said federal agents had visited the property a few weeks ago and had asked him questions about Mr. Shiffer, including what time he left home most days and when he returned.

Mr. Shiffer had served in the U.S. Navy and the Florida Army National Guard as a younger man, military records showed, and had worked as an electrician in Ohio more recently, according to his former company. Online records suggested that Mr. Shiffer had ties to several other states, including Nebraska, but it was not clear when or how long he had lived there. In 2016, he made a $250 contribution to Mr. Trump, according to federal elections records.

Law enforcement officials separately said they were investigating whether Mr. Shiffer appeared in a video posted on Facebook on Jan. 5, 2021, showing him attending a pro-Trump rally at Black Lives Matter Plaza in Washington the night before the Capitol was stormed.

State and federal officials said little publicly on Friday about the circumstances of the attack at the F.B.I. office or Mr. Shiffer’s motivations, even as online posts suggested he was a supporter of former President Donald J. Trump who had reacted with outrage when federal agents searched Mr. Trump’s Florida home earlier this week.

A day after that search, someone with an account bearing Mr. Shiffer’s name posted messages on Mr. Trump’s social media platform, Truth Social, recommending that “patriots” go to Florida and kill federal agents. On Thursday, the same account also appeared to confess to an attack on the F.B.I.

In a series of recent posts, the account had railed against law enforcement and issued a “call to arms,” saying that for two years, “They have been conditioning us to accept tyranny.” When someone asked whether he was proposing terrorism, the account responded: “I am proposing war.”

The New York Times could not immediately confirm whether the Truth Social account, or other social media accounts, belonged to Mr. Shiffer.

bolding=mine

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 13 Aug 2022, 7:22 am, edited 4 times in total.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 3:01 am

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 8:02 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Raptor wrote:
It looks staged.

Cyberdad has a whole library of photos of such.

Has he told you about the time he was in San Diego and saw a bunch of Sailors at a hotel pool sporting Nazi tattoos?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 8:03 am

Dox47 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

I saw him but what does it signify?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

13 Aug 2022, 1:44 pm

! Cornflake wrote:
It signifies that this thread is going further and further off topic.

Please get back to discussing the actual topic.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 9:30 pm

Posts made by Shiffer on President Donald Trump’s Truth Social platform indicate he decided to attack the Cincinnati FBI office out of revenge for the FBI’s raid at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago on Monday, the Journal reported.

“People this is it,” Shiffer wrote on Truth Social. “I hope a call to arms comes from someone more qualified but if not, this is your call to arms from me. Leave work tomorrow as soon as the gun shop/Army-Navy store/pawn shop opens, get whatever you need to be ready for combat.”

Shiffer fled the FBI office when agents confronted him and was later killed in a gunfight with police along a highway.

Read the Full Story
HERE

Big words from a coward.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 9:59 pm

Quote:
Ricky Shiffer, 42, who had been under FBI investigation for months, was killed in a shootout not long after he tried to make his way into the Ohio bureau with a nail gun while brandishing an AR-15 style rifle.

Okay, now this is getting weird. WaPo says this guy posted something about trying to get through bullet proof glass after the initial attack, so I'm speculating that he thought his nailgun could somehow break it? Where do they find these people?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 10:48 pm

However much some segments in America want to gloss over. There are more dangerous sleeper cells of angry white men that are waiting for somebody like Trump or De Santis to trigger them into action.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 11:53 pm

Yeah eventually the occasional mentally ill lone wolf will form a militia.

Oh and white men are a danger to society and democracy.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 12:53 am

cyberdad wrote:
However much some segments in America want to gloss over. There are more dangerous sleeper cells of angry white men that are waiting for somebody like Trump or De Santis to trigger them into action.

No, there aren't.