Ex-Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg pleads guilty

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 5:08 pm

NBC News

Quote:
Allen Weisselberg, the former Trump Organization chief financial officer, pleaded guilty Thursday to multiple tax fraud charges in a case involving the company's business dealings.

Weisselberg, 75, agreed to pay nearly $2 million in taxes, interest, and penalties and serve five months in jail on Rikers Island followed by five years of probation, the judge said.

Weisselberg and the Trump Organization were charged in June 2021 in what prosecutors described as an “off the books” scheme over 15 years to help top officials in the Trump Organization avoid paying taxes. Weisselberg was accused of avoiding paying taxes on $1.7 million of his income.

In court on Thursday, Weisselberg said he understood that he could face up to 15 years in prison if he doesn’t pay back the taxes or doesn’t testify truthfully at the trial of the Trump Organization this fall.

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg said in a statement that Weisselberg used his position at the company "to bilk taxpayers and enrich himself.”

“Instead of paying his fair share like everyone else, Weisselberg had the Trump Organization provide him with a rent-free apartment, expensive cars, private school tuition for his grandchildren and new furniture — all without paying required taxes," Bragg said. "This plea agreement directly implicates the Trump Organization in a wide range of criminal activity and requires Weisselberg to provide invaluable testimony in the upcoming trial against the corporation."

bolding=mine

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 5:31 pm

He'll probably rat out Trump.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 6:49 pm

I doubt it.

So far Ghislaine Maxwell hasn't ratted out Clinton or Prince Andrew so I'm guessing Trump is a protected species also

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 6:50 pm

I am under the impression that part of the plea deal consists of him testifying against Trump.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 8:02 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I am under the impression that part of the plea deal consists of him testifying against Trump.

Isn't this history repeating itself? I have no dispute he might try and undermine his old master (there's no honour among criminals) but will it stick?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 8:24 pm

There are lots of forces against Trump. The intensity of these forces is increasing.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 9:55 pm

This bares so much resemblance to Russiagate.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 9:56 pm

Nope….it’s much more than Russiagate…..

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 10:04 pm

That's what they said about Russiagate compared to Watergate. They're now lining up people for indictment who will supposedly turn on Trump and bring him down. Which is the same scenario that took place in 2018.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 10:13 pm

I tend to agree, Trump is quite resistant to criminal investigations. I am beginning to think those who propped his carcass up to the American people are not done with him yet.