Trump demands new election, or to be reinstated as president

Page 4 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 10:37 am

I understand things from a grassroots/personal viewpoint. I understand some people did better under Trump than under Obama.

But the fact is: Trump didn't want to rule within the Constitution. He lost an election legitimately....yet he decided he didn't want to lose his presidential power....so he did nutty things.

I wouldn't have too much objection to some other Republican who isn't a Trumpist becoming president; it's not a matter of politics to me. It's a matter of a president ruling within the confines of the rule of law.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 10:46 am

Donald Trump can demand reinstatement or new elections all he wants; but he must remember that for many of us, he demonstrated and continues to demonstrate his lack of respect for both the Constitution and his Oath of Office.

Article II, Section 1, Clause 8:

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation: – "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Either Trump's ability to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States is/was sorely lacking, or he simply never took his oath of office seriously.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Aug 2022, 10:58 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
America was alright with Trump at the helm. I'm not saying he was a great president. But generally things went alright. Unemployment was down the economy was up.
He got an easy ride, coming in on the coat-tails of the previous administration like every President does. Even Trump needs time to properly screw things up.

It's easy to blame Biden but unlike Trump claiming he'd inherited a mess from Obama, Biden actually has inherited a mess from Trump.
You want to point at inflation and fuel prices? Yeah, it's just the same in the UK, Europe and loads of other places that aren't America.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 10:58 am

I would say it's the latter.....

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 11:39 am

Cornflake wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
America was alright with Trump at the helm. I'm not saying he was a great president. But generally things went alright. Unemployment was down the economy was up.
He got an easy ride, coming in on the coat-tails of the previous administration like every President does. Even Trump needs time to properly screw things up.

It's easy to blame Biden but unlike Trump claiming he'd inherited a mess from Obama, Biden actually has inherited a mess from Trump.
You want to point at inflation and fuel prices? Yeah, it's just the same in the UK, Europe and loads of other places that aren't America.

I've never saw any evidence that Trump was starting to screw things up for America. At least not in any way that hasn't already been done by previous presidents. You say all the credit for anything positive that happened in America goes solely to Obama, but I think Trump deserves credit for positive things that happened during his administration.
And I didn't blame Biden for anything. Although I did point out that like the previous administration, the current administration hasn't taken any proactive steps towards healthcare reform that I know of. Despite the fact that's one of the primary things I heard the democrats were going to fix, especially with a house and senate majority. As for how Biden is doing, his approval rating has been pretty low. As low as 36% as recently as a month ago according to NPR.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 11:50 am

Fnord wrote:

That's not a picture of Trump, the hand isn't small enough.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 11:54 am

What I find interesting is Trump demanding to be reinstated, when I recently heard he's cowering because he's sacred to death over the investigations. Then again I've hared that a lot over the last six years.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 11:55 am

During Trump's tenure, I was forced to dismiss a few employees for bringing firearms into our facilities.  Nothing similar has occurred before or since.

Coincidence?  Trump's followers are fond of citing mere coincidences as solid proof of their convictions, yet refuse to acknowledge any such events that cast their beloved ex-President in a bad light.

I do not want Trump to ever be President again -- whether reinstated, re-elected, or re-installed by coup -- for many reasons, not the least of which are his contentious and violence-prone followers.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 11:59 am

Fnord wrote:
During Trump's tenure, I was forced to dismiss a few employees for bringing firearms into our facilities.  Nothing similar has occurred before or since.

Coincidence?  Trump's followers are fond of citing mere coincidences as solid proof of their convictions, yet refuse to acknowledge any such events that cast their beloved ex-President in a bad light.

I do not want Trump to ever be President again -- whether reinstated, re-elected, or re-installed by coup -- for many reasons, not the least of which are his contentious and violence-prone followers.

I don't see the connection since Trump and the NRA went together like bacon and eggs.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Aug 2022, 3:12 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
You say all the credit for anything positive that happened in America goes solely to Obama
No, not all. There were sufficient adults in the room to stop Trump from screwing up immediately but over time, the number diminished.

Quote:
Although I did point out that like the previous administration, the current administration hasn't taken any proactive steps towards healthcare reform that I know of. Despite the fact that's one of the primary things I heard the democrats were going to fix, especially with a house and senate majority.
IIRC Trump made a lot of noise about how he was going to fix it quickly. As it turned out, apparently "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated."
Well yes, actually they did. This one's on him alone.

Quote:
As for how Biden is doing, his approval rating has been pretty low. As low as 36% as recently as a month ago according to NPR.
Yes - he's in the unfortunate position of having several very large messes to juggle and since he's the guy behind the desk, "it's all his fault". Somehow.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Aug 2022, 3:16 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
:lol:

Matrix Glitch wrote:
What I find interesting is Trump demanding to be reinstated, when I recently heard he's cowering because he's sacred to death over the investigations.
Wouldn't surprise. I think he's finally beginning to realise the depth of the doo-doo he's in, and this time he can't blag his way out of it.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 3:38 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
:lol:

Matrix Glitch wrote:
What I find interesting is Trump demanding to be reinstated, when I recently heard he's cowering because he's sacred to death over the investigations.
Wouldn't surprise. I think he's finally beginning to realise the depth of the doo-doo he's in, and this time he can't blag his way out of it.

Demanding to be reinstated and cowering are opposites. I've heard over and over for six years about how terrified his is and shaking in his boots, when he's always displayed the opposite of that at each turn.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 3:41 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
You say all the credit for anything positive that happened in America goes solely to Obama
No, not all. There were sufficient adults in the room to stop Trump from screwing up immediately but over time, the number diminished.

Quote:
Although I did point out that like the previous administration, the current administration hasn't taken any proactive steps towards healthcare reform that I know of. Despite the fact that's one of the primary things I heard the democrats were going to fix, especially with a house and senate majority.
IIRC Trump made a lot of noise about how he was going to fix it quickly. As it turned out, apparently "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated."
Well yes, actually they did. This one's on him alone.

Quote:
As for how Biden is doing, his approval rating has been pretty low. As low as 36% as recently as a month ago according to NPR.
Yes - he's in the unfortunate position of having several very large messes to juggle and since he's the guy behind the desk, "it's all his fault". Somehow.

I'm seeing is what appears to me to be a very partisan assessment of democrat vs republican presidents.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Aug 2022, 3:43 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Demanding to be reinstated and cowering are opposites.
Different arenas, different responses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 3:45 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Demanding to be reinstated and cowering are opposites.
Perhaps, but not exclusive of each other.  It is like an armed criminal barricading himself, all the while declaring his innocence to the press and police and demanding to walk free -- he is bold in words but not in actions.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Aug 2022, 3:48 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I'm seeing is what appears to me to be a very partisan assessment of democrat vs republican presidents.
Who, me? Psh. I don't have a dog in this fight, but it's really not difficult to spot the outright and continual lies, the rampant nepotism and the staggering incompetency.