Trump demands new election, or to be reinstated as president

Page 5 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 3:51 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Demanding to be reinstated and cowering are opposites.
Different arenas, different responses.

I've seen zero indication that he's ever been cowering and shaking in his boots, despite that claim having been made so many times over the last six years. I think he's quite sure they're not going to nail him in the Jan 6 investigations/hearings or the document investigations/hearings. Just like he's never been nailed on any of the other "this is it, he's going down for sure this time!" investigations/hearings. Plus I think it's clear that Trump is the kind of guy who would be thumping his chest, even while he was in the gas chamber.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 4:04 pm

Cornflake wrote:
. . . it's really not difficult to spot the outright and continual lies, the rampant nepotism and the staggering incompetency.
It is also not difficult to see that parts of Trump's own unscripted performances.

He is bold in words but not in actions.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 5:31 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

I've seen zero indication that he's ever been cowering and shaking in his boots, despite that claim having been made so many times over the last six years. I think he's quite sure they're not going to nail him in the Jan 6 investigations/hearings or the document investigations/hearings. Just like he's never been nailed on any of the other "this is it, he's going down for sure this time!" investigations/hearings. Plus I think it's clear that Trump is the kind of guy who would be thumping his chest, even while he was in the gas chamber.

The fact that he's making absurd claims about the stolen classified documents - THEY'RE MINE! - the FBI planted them - I declassified them all - and everything else - says that he is running scared.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 5:55 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

The fact that he's making absurd claims about the stolen classified documents - THEY'RE MINE! - the FBI planted them - I declassified them all - and everything else - says that he is running scared.

I'm not convinced of that. The man relishes a fight, he lives for it. He gets to say he is the victim, use it as an excuse to come out swinging, but he knows it also chalks up devotion from his base.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 7:14 pm

Fnord wrote:

Awww, I love dogs. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 8:30 pm

Raptor wrote:

Even the, uh, breed of peace?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 8:10 am

Dox47 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Even the, uh, breed of peace?

Pit bulls? Especially them. I’ve had two so far.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 2:26 pm

Trump's demands for a new election, or to be reinstated as President are based on his own biased and baseless assumptions about Biden's laptop.  His demands are not based on facts.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 2:41 pm

This whole thing is so absurd.

If this were done by anybody other than Trump, it would be dismissed out of hand.

The evidence is OVERWHELMING that Trump lost the 2020 election to Biden. He lost by about 7 million popular votes, and 306 to 232 Electoral Votes.

I hope the Department of Justice will submit an indictment soon.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 6:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If this were done by anybody other than Trump, it would be dismissed out of hand.

If Donald Trump Jr left his laptop somewhere and it turned up full of pictures and videos of him banging hookers, smoking crack, posting naked with (illegal for him to own) guns, etc, as well as evidence that he'd been selling his father's influence for money, it would have been front page news for weeks if not years and we'd still be in the middle of a congressional investigation of it. Trump might be nuts in calling for a new election or for himself to be appointed the winner, but he's not wrong about there having been interference from the FBI and the media/tech sector, you know, like the kind the Democrats claimed to hate back in 2016 when they were first getting hysterical about the Russians. Maybe he'd still have lost, but by putting their thumb on the scale in such a blatant manner, the establishment has opened the door to claims that he might have won absent their manipulations.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 7:39 pm

Dox47 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

If Donald Trump Jr left his laptop somewhere and it turned up full of pictures and videos of him banging hookers, smoking crack, posting naked with (illegal for him to own) guns, etc, as well as evidence that he'd been selling his father's influence for money, it would have been front page news for weeks if not years and we'd still be in the middle of a congressional investigation of it. Trump might be nuts in calling for a new election or for himself to be appointed the winner, but he's not wrong about there having been interference from the FBI and the media/tech sector, you know, like the kind the Democrats claimed to hate back in 2016 when they were first getting hysterical about the Russians. Maybe he'd still have lost, but by putting their thumb on the scale in such a blatant manner, the establishment has opened the door to claims that he might have won absent their manipulations.

I not so sure about that, although the left is not monolithic. Traditional policy is to hold in election season. Why broach it? A Don Jr laptop would be an entertaining side show, but it would remain mostly irrelevant for the same reasons Hunter’s does. Not to underestimate the glee people take in seeing the mighty get torn down, because they do, but it ultimately is only relevant to Don’s election prospects (which he actually has interest in), not dad’s. I would be consistent, although I might be rub a lot of noses in it because .. turn around is fair play.

I’m always reading that Comey made a mistake and went against long standing policy going public on the Hilary case when and how he did. Wouldn’t that lesson mean holding back on the laptop? There’s no national security interest in the laptop, is there? Just gossip that Trump thought he could have weaponized. Tradition has agencies holding back on anything related to an election so as not to be seen as interfering.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 8:11 pm

Trump is looking for a "way out" of his legal troubles.

And there are many....

Not only what occurred at Mar-A-Lago.....but what occurred in Georgia, too. Potential for both federal and state charges.

He wouldn't go to Club Fed for the state charges. State minimum security is not as nice as federal minimum security.

There are investigations in New York State, too. And, of course, the January 6th Committee will probably recommend that the Justice Department institute criminal proceedings against Trump, in addition to their present Mar-A-Lago probe.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 8:44 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump is looking for a "way out" of his legal troubles.

And there are many....

Not only what occurred at Mar-A-Lago.....but what occurred in Georgia, too. Potential for both federal and state charges.

He wouldn't go to Club Fed for the state charges. State minimum security is not as nice as federal minimum security.

There are investigations in New York State, too. And, of course, the January 6th Committee will probably recommend that the Justice Department institute criminal proceedings against Trump, in addition to their present Mar-A-Lago probe.

I think he's more interested in keeping donations rolling in than he is worried about legal woes, personally. All this stuff energizes his base.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 8:54 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
I not so sure about that, although the left is not monolithic. Traditional policy is to hold in election season. Why broach it? A Don Jr laptop would be an entertaining side show, but it would remain mostly irrelevant for the same reasons Hunter’s does. Not to underestimate the glee people take in seeing the mighty get torn down, because they do, but it ultimately is only relevant to Don’s election prospects (which he actually has interest in), not dad’s. I would be consistent, although I might be rub a lot of noses in it because .. turn around is fair play.

I’m always reading that Comey made a mistake and went against long standing policy going public on the Hilary case when and how he did. Wouldn’t that lesson mean holding back on the laptop? There’s no national security interest in the laptop, is there? Just gossip that Trump thought he could have weaponized. Tradition has agencies holding back on anything related to an election so as not to be seen as interfering.

Are you talking about just the government? Because otherwise, I'm afraid you're living in a completely different reality than this one, Trump has been out of office for 18 months and he's still the focus of huge amounts of breathless coverage, the idea that an addicted, influence peddling Trump Jr would have been treated in anywhere near the same way as Hunter has is frankly delusional.

Also, for the people in the back, whose influence is Hunter accused of peddling? That's your relevance.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 12:13 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Are you talking about just the government? Because otherwise, I'm afraid you're living in a completely different reality than this one, Trump has been out of office for 18 months and he's still the focus of huge amounts of breathless coverage, the idea that an addicted, influence peddling Trump Jr would have been treated in anywhere near the same way as Hunter has is frankly delusional.

Also, for the people in the back, whose influence is Hunter accused of peddling? That's your relevance.

I'm talking just about government, the duty of government agencies not to influence elections.

The reason the FBI wouldn't be putting out a statement.

Trump stays in the eye because he wants to. He works hard at it. He may complain about the way he gets covered, but he wants to be covered. Old school, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

I can peddle influence, too. Doesn't mean I actually can get results. Without results, it's all hot air. And Joe Biden has stated over and over that his son is not part of his administration in any way, shape or form.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 12:28 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
I can peddle influence, too. Doesn't mean I actually can get results. Without results, it's all hot air. And Joe Biden has stated over and over that his son is not part of his administration in any way, shape or form.

You've never actually looked into this story, have you?