Trump demands new election, or to be reinstated as president

Page 7 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 3:56 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Sure, people, companies, and maybe even governments might think they'd be getting an inside track to Biden's favors, but did that ever pan out?

Well, we might know if there ever was investigation, as opposed to, you know, the FBI pressuring the social media companies to bury the story, the mainstream media pretending they didn't see anything, and Congress refusing to investigate out of partisan loyalty.

So conspiracies are only true when they involve MAGAs? :roll:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 7:04 pm

cyberdad wrote:

I see your reading comprehension has failed yet again, and with such specificity.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 7:50 pm

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I see your reading comprehension has failed yet again, and with such specificity.

Just an observation.
1. Democrats are snowflakes but republicans are allowed to be victims of wokeness and anti-whitemeness
2. Democrats claims against republicans are fake conspiracies but republicans are allowed to make up the most outlandish claims that are demonstrably lies that around 75 million of your cohort are suckered into and given the spread of the MAGA cult mind virus that number might go up in 2024 (and no I don't give much credence to polling).

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 9:19 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Just an observation.
1. Democrats are snowflakes but republicans are allowed to be victims of wokeness and anti-whitemeness
2. Democrats claims against republicans are fake conspiracies but republicans are allowed to make up the most outlandish claims that are demonstrably lies that around 75 million of your cohort are suckered into and given the spread of the MAGA cult mind virus that number might go up in 2024 (and no I don't give much credence to polling).

Why don't you try that again, maybe actually read my post this time?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 4:54 pm

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 5:25 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
America was alright with Trump at the helm. I'm not saying he was a great president. But generally things went alright. Unemployment was down the economy was up.
He got an easy ride, coming in on the coat-tails of the previous administration like every President does. Even Trump needs time to properly screw things up.

It's easy to blame Biden but unlike Trump claiming he'd inherited a mess from Obama, Biden actually has inherited a mess from Trump.
You want to point at inflation and fuel prices? Yeah, it's just the same in the UK, Europe and loads of other places that aren't America.

I've never saw any evidence that Trump was starting to screw things up for America. At least not in any way that hasn't already been done by previous presidents. You say all the credit for anything positive that happened in America goes solely to Obama, but I think Trump deserves credit for positive things that happened during his administration.
And I didn't blame Biden for anything. Although I did point out that like the previous administration, the current administration hasn't taken any proactive steps towards healthcare reform that I know of. Despite the fact that's one of the primary things I heard the democrats were going to fix, especially with a house and senate majority. As for how Biden is doing, his approval rating has been pretty low. As low as 36% as recently as a month ago according to NPR.

Then it seems you were intentionally not looking for it.

1. His atrocious attitude towards marginalized groups rubbed off on his cult followers which resulted in a disgusting attitude shift in the USA that Also spilled over the Canadian border. I'd never heard anyone on a train in Vancouver ranting about Muslims before trump's rhetoric was all over the news. It made a statistical significance in the USA, too. Here's one article saying hate crimes spiked 20% under trump: https://www.newsweek.com/hate-crimes-un ... rt-1547870 and I'm sure I could google others that would indicate higher levels of LGBT depression/anxiety & suicides, too, as I recall seeing the headlines. That's what happens when "leadership," speaks like the orange former guy does.

2. Even if you think it's wonderful that foreigners, immigrants, disabled people & gays were the targets of abuse, there is no denying that by the numbers trump was a terrible president. Here's just one article about the debt he caused America to incur based on his Trillions of handouts to the wealthy while spending like a drunken sailor on the military:

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

Summary at the beginning of the article:

"A CLOSER LOOK

Donald Trump Built a National Debt So Big (Even Before the Pandemic) That It’ll Weigh Down the Economy for Years
The “King of Debt” promised to reduce the national debt — then his tax cuts made it surge. Add in the pandemic, and he oversaw the third-biggest deficit increase of any president."

I'm sure he was a terrible president by many other metrics, including his concentrated efforts to divide the American public & to lead and insurrection and attempted coup against the United States government.. but even just the couple of things listed above are factual proof of how awful he was & continues to be. If it weren't for inheriting daddy's ill-gotten gains the most fame trump would have been able to drum up for himself might have been as a guest on the Jerry Springer show. He's trash.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 5:28 pm

^
"Nuts" is a little strong, I think he's more of a narcissistic con man myself, but he's a useful political tool and drives my political opposition quite literally insane, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 5:35 pm

Dox47 wrote:
^
"Nuts" is a little strong, I think he's more of a narcissistic con man myself, but he's a useful political tool and drives my political opposition quite literally insane, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

You're overlooking the fact that he seems delusional.. and has seemed so for years. I base this on the fact that he seems to believe his own lies & fantasies are reality.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 7:33 pm

Dox47 wrote:
^

Perhaps “useful idiot” which is how some military officials like Vindman describe him being viewed by the Russians?

I think he ended up doing more to advance Russian long term goals (ie destabilizuatuon of Democracy) than our own, but I think you and I have been down similar debate roads before and you just don’t see what I, and historical experts I follow, do. The threat being to our Democracy, whether or not Russia benefits directly or indirectly.

I really hope I’m wrong about him so that if you do end up voting for him again you haven’t thrown your vote to a tyrant.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 8:31 pm

Dox47 wrote:
^

You'd be the first to drop him like a hot potato when or if he's charged. So much for his "uses",

Dangerously delusional would be an apt description of the former POTUS. There's the issue of whether included in the things he stole from the Whitehouse included nuclear launch codes.

There's a reason why a psychiatric test should be mandatory for anyone being put in leadership roles, especially for the position of POTUS.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 9:43 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Perhaps “useful idiot” which is how some military officials like Vindman describe him being viewed by the Russians?

"Useful idiots" is a term that long predates Trump, and I don't think is particularly applicable to him. Historically, it referred to Western leftists who supported Soviet communism while not realizing that under such a system they'd be liquidated along with the other "bourgeois class enemies", basically this guy:

Trump may be a lot of things, but that's not really him, the closest he comes is that he's not actually a conservative even though he depends on their support, and they'd drop him in a hot second if he started to go against their interests. Once again, I highly recommend you do a little reading on Trump's actual foreign policy record with regard to Russia, the idea that he's some pawn of Moscow is truly laughable if not outright delusional in light of how hawkish towards them he was.

DW_a_mom wrote:
I think he ended up doing more to advance Russian long term goals (ie destabilizuatuon of Democracy) than our own, but I think you and I have been down similar debate roads before and you just don’t see what I, and historical experts I follow, do. The threat being to our Democracy, whether or not Russia benefits directly or indirectly.

It's not that I don't see, it's that I disagree with your analysis, plus I also see Trump as more of a symptom of the underlying split in US politics than the cause.

DW_a_mom wrote:
I really hope I’m wrong about him so that if you do end up voting for him again you haven’t thrown your vote to a tyrant.

I didn't vote for him either time, though I might have had I lived in a purple state at the time. Honestly, the hysteria makes him more attractive to me as a candidate, I'd still rather have someone closer to my views and more politically effective, but if I can't get that, I'll take the guy who makes my political foes the angriest, it's really the least I can do.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 9:45 pm

cyberdad wrote:
There's the issue of whether included in the things he stole from the Whitehouse included nuclear launch codes.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 10:04 pm

A picture of the nuclear document Trump had in his possession was just leaked:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 10:37 pm

^Not really sure why you two think it’s a joke that trump stole, and refused to return, hundreds of classified documents + apparently more than 11,000 non-classified documents.. :?

I highly doubt you’d find any other citizen putting national security at risk like this so funny..

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 10:47 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
^Not really sure why you two think it’s a joke that trump stole, and refused to return, hundreds of classified documents + apparently more than 11,000 non-classified documents.. :?

I highly doubt you’d find any other citizen putting national security at risk like this so funny..

Dox47 wrote: