Dee Snider Epically Rips 'MAGAT Fascists' Who Sing 'We're No

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 1:18 pm

Dee Snider Epically Rips 'MAGAT Fascists' Who Sing 'We're Not Gonna Take It': 'F**K OFF!'

https://www.comicsands.com/dee-snider-r ... 59367.html

Good for him! 8)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 1:50 pm

Too bad, he seemed like a nice guy, we'll shoot him last.

(/s, as it seems necessary these days)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 2:05 pm

Dox47 wrote:

:lol:

That was funny.

But the guy has a point.. the song was written AGAINST people like magas and their movement.

Same same for the hilarity of magas complaining that rage against the machine got "political," and now they're never gonna listen to them again... :lol: :lol: :lol: - They were always political and always against you.. which machine did y'all think they were raging against?? :?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 2:19 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Same same for the hilarity of magas complaining that rage against the machine got "political," and now they're never gonna listen to them again... :lol: :lol: :lol: - They were always political and always against you.. which machine did y'all think they were raging against?? :?

Well, the knock on Rage is that they're fake political, they've been tools of the machine for a long time, it's just gotten more obvious in the current era.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 2:47 pm

Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Well, the knock on Rage is that they're fake political, they've been tools of the machine for a long time, it's just gotten more obvious in the current era.

Mmmhmm... tell it to Tom Morello, who has a degree in political science from Harvard, maybe he'll tell you what he thinks like he so famously did to this guy:

https://exclaim.ca/music/article/tom_mo ... _knowledge

More obvious? You mean more and more consistently opposed to bad governance? I don't see anything off brand for Tom or RATM.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 10:15 pm

We're Not Gonna Take It - Songfacts

Quote:
Mitt Romney's running mate Paul Ryan used the song during the 2012 Republican Party's presidential campaign, causing Dee Snider to air his disapproval. "I emphatically denounce Paul Ryan's use of my band Twisted Sister's song 'We're Not Gonna Take It' in any capacity," said the Twisted Sister frontman in a statement. "There is almost nothing he stands for that I agree with except the use of the [workout program] P90X."

Snider, however, had no problem with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump using the tune as the "exit song" during the politician's 2015 campaign stops. "Donald Trump is a good friend and a great guy, and I support him turning the political system on its head," he told TMZ.com. "The song 'We're Not Gonna Take It' is a song about rebellion, and there's nothing more rebellious than what Donald Trump is doing right now. Although [Democratic presidential candidate] Bernie Sanders can use it as well; he's turning things upside down too."

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 04 Sep 2022, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 10:18 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

That was funny.

But the guy has a point.. the song was written AGAINST people like magas and their movement.

Probably a fax machine or a printer.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 10:29 pm

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 11:55 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Mmmhmm... tell it to Tom Morello, who has a degree in political science from Harvard, maybe he'll tell you what he thinks like he so famously did to this guy:

More obvious? You mean more and more consistently opposed to bad governance? I don't see anything off brand for Tom or RATM.

LOL, the guy had to go to Harvard to arrive at the most banal and moronic politics? THAT'S funny.

Tell me, you really don't see any contradiction between "F*ck you I won't do what you tell me!" as an anthem and "bro, do what they tell you" as you're actual politics?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 12:47 am

Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

LOL, the guy had to go to Harvard to arrive at the most banal and moronic politics? THAT'S funny.

Tell me, you really don't see any contradiction between "F*ck you I won't do what you tell me!" as an anthem and "bro, do what they tell you" as you're actual politics?

It’s more like “bro, do what’s civil and democratic,” but okay.