Page 3 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 11:46 am

The laptop is real, but only in the sense that it exists, which does not by itself prove much.  Nothing from the laptop has revealed illegal or unethical behavior by Joe Biden as vice president, especially with regard to his son's tenure as a director for Burisma.  It is also possible that only copies of a laptop were examined, instead of the actual laptop.

Analysts have found that many people other than Hunter Biden had repeatedly accessed and copied data on the hard drive for nearly three years; they also found evidence others had written files to the drive both before and after the New York Post first reported on the laptop in October of 2020. During this time, someone had also created six new folders on the drive, including with the names "Biden Burisma", "Salacious Pics Package", and "Hunter Burisma Documents".  Analysts also found evidence someone may have accessed the drive contents from a West Coast location days after The New York Post published their stories about the laptop.

Obviously, tampering has been an issue since before the NYP first brought the laptop to the public's attention.

No forensic analysis of the laptop can now prove beyond a reasonable doubt that there has been illegal or unethical behavior by Joe Biden as vice president, or Hunter Biden as director for Burisma.

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 12:09 pm

Big selective demands for rigor energy.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 12:19 pm

Rigorous forensic analysis is required to prove criminal behavior.  Every person who used or only handled the laptop must be identified, and their every action with the laptop must be clearly defined in a chronological chain of events to show who did what and when they did it.

Without rigorous forensic analysis, all that remains is rumor, speculation, and suspicion.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 2:09 pm

I'm sure that if I bump the threads on the leaked Trump tax returns, I'll find the same skeptical rigor being applied.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 2:13 pm

I am sure that your latest derail attempt will not go unnoticed.

Subject:
Re: Hunter Biden's laptop and the FBI

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 3:33 pm

Fnord wrote:

Subject:

As the OP I don't consider Dox47's remark to be a derail. Whereas you trying to backseat moderate and police what's posted is a distraction.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 6:35 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
As the OP I don't consider Dox47's remark to be a derail. Whereas you trying to backseat moderate and police what's posted is a distraction.

Rattling a sword that isn't even on his belt, lol.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 6:52 pm

Joe Biden won't be running for re-election. I think that's clear at this point.

Good thing I didn't invest in the Brandon NFTs.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 7:44 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Subject:

That's how they (try to) hush dissenting opinion. That, and accusations of bullying, fascism, and trollery.
Doesn't work on me since I take all three labels as compliments when coming from them. :D

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 8:29 pm

Raptor wrote:
Doesn't work on me since I take all three labels as compliments when coming from (((them))). :D

Fixed it for you :wink: .

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 11:04 pm

The widespread media claims and implications that the original NY Post report was Russian disinformation was media malpractice. If the end of trying to stop Trump from being reelected was justified the means is a value judgment. The price is making the difficult job of convincing the public the Mar a Lago raid was legit more difficult and handing the MAGA's an unnecessary advantage while adding to their already considerable paranoia.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 12:10 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The widespread media claims and implications that the original NY Post report was Russian disinformation was media malpractice. If the end of trying to stop Trump from being reelected was justified the means is a value judgment. The price is making the difficult job of convincing the public the Mar a Lago raid was legit more difficult and handing the MAGA's an unnecessary advantage while adding to their already considerable paranoia.

Yup, just like all the public health agencies turning on a dime from "you can't bury grandma because of the plague" to "racism is the real pandemic, knock yourselves out" in the span of about a week, they're never getting their credibility back. This is my other unpleasant gut feeling about 2020, that if Trump's crazy story were true, that there really was widespread election fraud, that the mainstream media wouldn't tell us, that they'd in fact endeavor to bury it deeper than they've ever buried anything before. The FBI telling Facebook to suppress the story is just icing on the cake, it's like the perfect validation of every "trust no one" paranoid belief out there.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 2:43 am

Ok I'll bite....so was there even a scerick of evidence that Hunter Biden broke the law??
And second even if he was naughty then how does that make Joe complicit?
Third shouldn't the computer guy who took a client's private property and passed it to a third party without consent be charged? I know he ran away and closed shop. Strange behaviour for a whistelblower :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 8:18 am

cyberdad wrote:
Ok I'll bite....so was there even a scerick of evidence that Hunter Biden broke the law?
No.
cyberdad wrote:
And second even if he was naughty then how does that make Joe complicit?
It doesn't.
cyberdad wrote:
Third shouldn't the computer guy who took a client's private property and passed it to a third party without consent be charged?
Yes, but only if he can be found, because . . .
cyberdad wrote:
. . . I know he ran away and closed shop. Strange behaviour for a whistelblower.
Not so strange for someone who does not want to be questioned or cross-examined in court.

The current situation would be like trying to prove Hunter Biden had an illicit tryst solely because a hotel desk clerk resigned a day after someone signed Hunter's name to the registry for a room that has been used by dozens of other people in the three years since.

Last edited by Fnord on 31 Aug 2022, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 8:21 am

The question is, why did the FBI suppress info about it? Was there concern that the info would effect the election? If not, why did they bury it?

Last edited by Matrix Glitch on 31 Aug 2022, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 8:26 am

The "information" was likely not suppressed as much as it was deemed unworthy of prosecution and tossed aside.