Page 4 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 8:28 am

From what I've heard they buried it. And then exposed it after the election.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 8:43 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Even if that is true, how would it constitute "Election Fraud"?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 10:03 am

Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

Quote:
Hunter Biden introduced his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, to a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm less than a year before the elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company, according to emails obtained by The Post.

The never-before-revealed meeting is mentioned in a message of appreciation that Vadym Pozharskyi, an adviser to the board of Burisma, allegedly sent Hunter Biden on April 17, 2015, about a year after Hunter joined the Burisma board at a reported salary of up to $50,000 a month.

“Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure,” the email reads.

An earlier email from May 2014 also shows Pozharskyi, reportedly Burisma’s No. 3 exec, asking Hunter for “advice on how you could use your influence” on the company’s behalf.

The blockbuster correspondence — which flies in the face of Joe Biden’s claim that he’s “never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings” — is contained in a massive trove of data recovered from a laptop computer.

The shop owner couldn’t positively identify the customer as Hunter Biden, but said the laptop bore a sticker from the Beau Biden Foundation, named after Hunter’s late brother and former Delaware attorney general.

Photos of a Delaware federal subpoena given to The Post show that both the computer and hard drive were seized by the FBI in December, after the shop’s owner says he alerted the feds to their existence.

Steve Bannon, former adviser to President Trump, told The Post about the existence of the hard drive in late September and Giuliani provided The Post with a copy of it on Sunday.

Less than eight months after Pozharskyi thanked Hunter Biden for the introduction to his dad, the then-vice president admittedly pressured Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko and Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk into getting rid of Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin by threatening to withhold a $1 billion US loan guarantee during a December 2015 trip to Kiev.

“I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,” Biden infamously bragged to the Council on Foreign Relations in 2018.

“Well, son of a b***h. He got fired.”

Meanwhile, an email dated May 12, 2014 — shortly after Hunter Biden joined the Burisma board — shows Pozharskyi attempting to get him to use his political leverage to help the company.

The message had the subject line “urgent issue” and was also sent to Hunter Biden’s business partner, Devon Archer, who also sat on the Burisma board at the time.

Pozharskyi said that “the representatives of new authorities in power tend to quite aggressively approach N. Z. unofficially with the aim to obtain cash from him.”

N.Z. isn’t identified in the email but appears to be a reference to Burisma founder Mykola Zlochevsky, whose first name is a Ukrainian version of “Nicholas.”

When the alleged shakedown failed, “they proceeded with concrete actions” in the form of “one or more pretrial proceedings,” Pozharskyi wrote.

“We urgently need your advice on how you could use your influence to convey a message / signal, etc .to stop what we consider to be politically motivated actions,” he added.

“Who is ultimately behind these attacks on the company? Who in the current interim government could put an end to such attacks?” he added.

The exchange came the same day that Burisma announced it had expanded its board of directors by adding Hunter Biden, who was put in charge of its “legal unit and will provide support for the Company among international organizations,” according to a news release that’s since been scrubbed from Burisma’s website.

About four months after Hunter Biden’s correspondence with Pozharskyi, Archer forwarded Hunter Biden an email chain with the subject line “tax raise impact on Burisma production,” which included Pozharskyi saying that the Ukrainian cabinet had submitted new tax legislation to the country’s parliament.

“If enacted, this law would kill the entire private gas production sector in the bud,” Pozharskyi wrote.

In the Sept. 24, 2014, email, Pozharskyi also said he was “going to share this information with the US embassy here in Kyiv, as well as the office of Mr Amos Hochstein in the States.”

At the time, Hochstein was the State Department’s newly appointed special envoy and coordinator for international energy ­

In December 2017, the Naftogaz Group, Ukraine’s state-owned energy company, announced that Hochstein had joined the company as an independent director, but on Monday he announced his ­resignation.

“The company has been forced to spend endless amounts of time combating political pressure and efforts by oligarchs to enrich themselves through questionable transactions,” Hochstein wrote in an op-ed published by the Kyiv Post.

In addition to denying that’s he’s spoken to Hunter Biden about his overseas business dealings, Joe Biden has repeatedly denied any conflict of interest or wrongdoing by either of them involving ­Burisma.

wrong for [Hunter] to take that position, knowing that it was really because that company wanted access to you.”

“Well, that’s not true. You’re saying things you do not know what you’re talking about,” the elder Biden responded

This is a vaguely looks bad story because it seems like something these people would do. At best it is Joe Biden doing his job perusing US interest. At worst it is possibly illegally using insider information. With Russiagate we had a 2 year investigation based on it seemed like Trump is the kind of person to be a mole for Putin.

I have no idea if Joe Biden did anything illegal. I have a pretty good ideas no serious investigation will be forthcoming. You still have the ends of preventing Trump from being relected justifying the means, add to that that little matter of the Biden administration investigating the Biden’s.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 11:52 am

Fnord wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

That depends on intent. Perhaps there should be an investigation into that.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 1:01 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
And how would you determine someone's intent if you do not know who did what when?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 2:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
And how would you determine someone's intent if you do not know who did what when?

That's what investigations are for. Aside from that one is left with surmising.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 3:02 pm

Even if there is some sort of incriminating evidence from Hunter Biden's laptop, it doesn't change the fact that Trump lost the election by about 7 million popular votes, and 74 Electoral Votes.

I doubt very much that this "bombshell" would have given the election to Trump.

This is very much a Hail Mary move.....in desperation, hoping it would stick, somehow......

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 3:07 pm

If the FBI actually withheld, suppressed, burred info in favor of a candidate, then that's a serious problem regardless of whether or not it actually had any effect on the election. And the other party has the right to cry foul.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 3:09 pm

Hopefully, it will be time, soon, to see Donald Trump "in court."

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 6:35 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Even if there is some sort of incriminating evidence from Hunter Biden's laptop, it doesn't change the fact that Trump lost the election by about 7 million popular votes, and 74 Electoral Votes.

Going off the EC, the only count that counts, the election was decided by around 50,000 votes; whether any of them might have changed their mind due to a story concerning Biden's son peddling his father's influence is an open question, and not an irrelevant one.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 6:37 pm

Fnord wrote:
The "information" was likely not suppressed as much as it was deemed unworthy of prosecution and tossed aside.

It was absolutely suppressed, Zuck just fessed up to having been pressured by the FBI to do it, and Dorsey claimed later that Twitter's actions were a mistake, a mistake that included blocking anyone from sharing the story even via private message, as well as locking the NY Post out of their account for weeks.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 7:46 pm

To say the drama over the laptop is legitimate grounds to take Trump's demands into consideration is nothing short of idiotic. The only people who think Trump has an argument are his voters. Trump lost, case closed. The fact that Hunter Biden wasn't brought into the picture only means the public had a chance to consider the competency and integrity of Joe Biden and Donald Trump, alone.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 8:09 pm

Even if there's nothing to Hunter Biden's laptop, I still don't like his disrespectful privileged smirk.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 8:38 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
If the FBI actually withheld, suppressed, burred info in favor of a candidate, then that's a serious problem regardless of whether or not it actually had any effect on the election. And the other party has the right to cry foul.

Wasn't the big issue when Comey made his comments on Hilary that doing so violated long standing policy? Long standing policy to avoid any and all announcements that could affect an election? Comey took a LOT of flack for violating that policy. ALL agencies try to stay clear of anything that could affect an election. It isn't about withholding, its about resisting the urge to share.

I've seen that policy play out at all levels of government. The whole point is to NOT be seen as influencing an election.

I would assume that if a candidate was about to commit murder, they'd set aside policy to stop the murder, but we aren't talking about anything near that urgent, clearly criminal, nor clearly holding any national interest beyond salacious gossip.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 8:41 pm

Raptor wrote:
Even if there's nothing to Hunter Biden's laptop, I still don't like his disrespectful privileged smirk.

Not sure anyone does.

Well, except his wife, family and friends, of course.

But he isn't running for office. phew!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 8:56 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
But he isn't running for office. phew!

Again, whose influence is Hunter accused of peddling?