Page 5 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 9:58 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Even if there's nothing to Hunter Biden's laptop, I still don't like his disrespectful privileged smirk.

Not sure anyone does.

Well, except his wife, family and friends, of course.

But he isn't running for office. phew!

You don’t get it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 10:00 pm

The sins of the son should certainly not be laid upon the father.

Just like a father’s debts shouldn’t be passed on to the son.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 10:06 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The sins of the son should certainly not be laid upon the father.

They're not. Why do you think so many shady people paid Hunter Biden so much money?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 11:38 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Again, whose influence is Hunter accused of peddling?

Peddling does not mean he succeeded in any material manner. He didn't have that power. The actual say was always in Joe Biden's hands. Is there evidence Joe Biden actually gave people something in exchange for his son's influence?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 11:43 pm

Raptor wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Even if there's nothing to Hunter Biden's laptop, I still don't like his disrespectful privileged smirk.

Not sure anyone does.

You don’t get it.

Or you're reaching.

What is there to get? You said you find him swarmy, and I basically said that I do, too.

I get that there is POTENTIAL for Joe Biden to have become compromised/bribed through his son, but isn't what matters whether or not he actually was? Hunter didn't exactly have the power to make his father do anything, and at the time of the laptop scandal Joe Biden wasn't in any office himself, and held no power. And candidate Joe Biden made it clear that he intended to keep up a wall between himself and Hunter.

At least Hunter was never given a security clearance or put on staff. President Biden is keeping a wall between himself and his son, unlike the previous president.

But none of that changes the fact that the FBI had, at least until Comey blew it with Clinton, a long standing policy of not making anything public that could influence an election.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 12:25 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Peddling does not mean he succeeded in any material manner. He didn't have that power. The actual say was always in Joe Biden's hands. Is there evidence Joe Biden actually gave people something in exchange for his son's influence?

Well, aside from the "10% for the big guy" and some other suggestive lines in the (authenticated) emails, there is the sheer amount of money and "gifts" that were funneled to Hunter over a period of years, which is in and of itself suggestive that something was being delivered in exchange. See, this is exactly the sort of thing that actually does call for a special counsel and an investigation, but not only is that not going to happen, the story has been systematically buried, with the full cooperation of dozens of former IC personnel who lied through their teeth about this having "all the hallmarks of Russian disinformation" when there was nothing of the sort, along with the media and tech industries who still try and pretend the story doesn't exist.

How many times have you said words to the effect of "where there's smoke there's fire" with regard to the Russian collusion hoax? Which despite being important to you to believe in, was in fact an entirely fabricated piece of oppo from the Hilary Clinton campaign that was successfully fed to the FBI and then weaponized by #Resistance media for pretty much the entirety of the Trump presidency, resulting in the insane Blue Anon phenomenon still gripping large parts of the country. Don't believe me? Look up Trump's actual foreign policy record towards Russia, not his attempts to suck up to Putin (what can I say, the man has a thing for tough guy strongmen), he makes Obama look like the real Putin stooge, which shockingly no one every accused him of being.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 1:00 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Well, aside from the "10% for the big guy" and some other suggestive lines in the (authenticated) emails, there is the sheer amount of money and "gifts" that were funneled to Hunter over a period of years, which is in and of itself suggestive that something was being delivered in exchange. See, this is exactly the sort of thing that actually does call for a special counsel and an investigation, but not only is that not going to happen, the story has been systematically buried, with the full cooperation of dozens of former IC personnel who lied through their teeth about this having "all the hallmarks of Russian disinformation" when there was nothing of the sort, along with the media and tech industries who still try and pretend the story doesn't exist.

How many times have you said words to the effect of "where there's smoke there's fire" with regard to the Russian collusion hoax? Which despite being important to you to believe in, was in fact an entirely fabricated piece of oppo from the Hilary Clinton campaign that was successfully fed to the FBI and then weaponized by #Resistance media for pretty much the entirety of the Trump presidency, resulting in the insane Blue Anon phenomenon still gripping large parts of the country. Don't believe me? Look up Trump's actual foreign policy record towards Russia, not his attempts to suck up to Putin (what can I say, the man has a thing for tough guy strongmen), he makes Obama look like the real Putin stooge, which shockingly no one every accused him of being.

I think the fact that the story has been buried (or was buried in the election time frame) is inconclusive on whether or not allegations are being investigated. It makes sense for the FBI to keep its cards close to its vest, but that doesn't mean the FBI hasn't been following out the leads. The one key piece of evidence remains in FBI hands. We have it; we don't need to look for it. The FBI is under leadership that is not friendly to the Biden administration.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 2:27 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Raptor wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Not sure anyone does.

You don’t get it.

Or you're reaching.

What is there to get? You said you find him swarmy, and I basically said that I do, too.

I get that there is POTENTIAL for Joe Biden to have become compromised/bribed through his son, but isn't what matters whether or not he actually was? Hunter didn't exactly have the power to make his father do anything, and at the time of the laptop scandal Joe Biden wasn't in any office himself, and held no power. And candidate Joe Biden made it clear that he intended to keep up a wall between himself and Hunter.

At least Hunter was never given a security clearance or put on staff. President Biden is keeping a wall between himself and his son, unlike the previous president.

But none of that changes the fact that the FBI had, at least until Comey blew it with Clinton, a long standing policy of not making anything public that could influence an election.

The thing with this instance however is it seems rather than just keeping low profile, the situation was buried. Didn't someone in the FBI express being unhappy with how it was handled? And didn't an agent resign over it?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 3:46 am

To compare the scale of Hunter Biden's laptop Vs Trump stealing crucial national secret documents and hiding them in his living quarters is somewhat laughable

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 3:56 am

That might depend on what the documents actually contain. If it's all the same type of material as the Mercon's sex life document, that will mean the Donald is guilty of being in possession of classified tripe and drivel. Which is going to leave folks with saying "it doesn't matter that the documents were rubbish, they were still classified rubbish dammit".

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 4:00 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
That might depend on what the documents actually contain. If it's all the same type of material as the Mercon's sex life document, that will mean the Donald is guilty of being in possession of classified tripe and drivel. Which is going to leave folks with saying "it doesn't matter that the documents were rubbish, they were still classified rubbish dammit".

It warrants the question why was he trying to squirrel away national secrets?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 4:13 am

Again, that depends on whether the "national secrects" where intel along the lines of Mercon's sex life. As for why Trump would want to keep documents, I'd say the answer is probably the same as why all the other former presidents have kept documents. This might boil down to just being that Trump didn't follow proper procedures in retaining them, rather than their content.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 6:00 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Again, that depends on whether the "national secrects" where intel along the lines of Mercon's sex life. As for why Trump would want to keep documents, I'd say the answer is probably the same as why all the other former presidents have kept documents. This might boil down to just being that Trump didn't follow proper procedures in retaining them, rather than their content.

What do you think about this

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 6:54 am

I think it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the topic.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 12:27 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I think it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the topic.

Oh, please report him for derailing, let's see if this thing is actually enforced consistently.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 1:06 pm

/\ It ain’t