Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 5:59 pm

Cancel him

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 6:09 pm

It’s just a fact. Basketball is more emphasized in “ghetto” areas than baseball. It’s one way to get out of crap areas. Baseball just doesn't appeal as much as basketball to kids in these sorts of areas----though there are baseball players who come from these sorts of areas.

Just like in the old days when Jews and Italians thought boxing was the way out of their “ghettoes.”

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 6:17 pm

I agree that Biden should be canceled.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 6:22 pm

Nope...not this time.

Even if Trump said this, I would still feel the same way.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 7:02 pm

They should stop giving that man a microphone.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 8:11 pm

He's a democrat, he can wear a KKK outfit and burn crosses and the left would look the other way or even openly defend it. If Trump had made a comment like that cities would be burning in "protest".

Last edited by Raptor on 01 Sep 2022, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 8:19 pm

it cut off after "you can always tell where the best basketball in the city is, its where everybody shows up ..."

Am I missing something?

I'll be the first to admit I'm a work in process.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 8:22 pm

The "best basketball in (New York City)" is often said to be at the Rucker Playground, which is in Harlem, which is a changing area, but still considerably an African-American area.

I don't believe Biden had racist intent here. I wouldn't have ascribed racist intent if Trump had made these statements.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 9:37 pm

It amounts to Biden putting his foot in his mouth again. Biden gives a lot of people the impression that he just doesn't know what he's saying at times.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 9:52 pm

Eh, I'm not even sure that's top ten cringe for Biden, I mean we've got "you're not black", "put y'all back in chains", "the poor kids are just as smart as the white kids", "Obama is clean cut and well spoken", "Cornpop", the man is just a gaffe machine, and that's just sticking to the vaguely racist ones.

As an aside, has anyone else ever noticed that Biden is like Wish.com Trump? He lies a lot, but not as flamboyantly, says cringe sorta racist things, has no real principles and just panders to whoever he needs to, has some extremely shady relatives making money off of his political career, doesn't have much regard for the law when it comes to getting his agenda through, etc, just without any of the Trump style.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 10:02 pm

Personally, I wish ALL politicians would STFU* and just do their jobs. As presidents go, Sleepy Joe’s words are not as cringe-worthy as others’, but certainly not as well-thought out as Reagan’s or Kennedy’s.

:roll: (*Shut Their Faces Up.)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 4:02 am

What exactly did he say that was bad?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 4:33 am

cyberdad wrote:

Conflated blacks with basketball and high crime. By saying I was the only white guy he brought race into it.

His story might be truthful but the way he said it was a microagression. People here don’t seem to like it that I am implying he is a racist over a picky thing like that? Just throwing it back at the wokes, after all “cringy” is one of their favorite words.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 02 Sep 2022, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 4:38 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Stereotype blacks are good at basketball.

Wasn't that proven in the 1992 documentary "White Men Can't Jump"?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 4:47 am

Obviously, not every black person is good at basketball. Nor can jump high, nor exemplify all the other stereotypes.

Some African Americans cannot dance, lack “rhythm, or are Aspie “nerds.” Some white people dance quite well, have a sense of “rhythm,” and jump high.

But they do make up a high proportion of NBA players. And basketball is strongly emphasized within communities where African-Americans predominate.

It would be racist to assume that “innate ability,” rather than hard work, is behind African-American predominance in the NBA. Had Biden said that, he would have made a racist statement.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 5:00 am

“White men can’t jump” is not a documentary.

It’s a movie about a white basketball player taking advantage of the stereotypes to hustle black basketball players. The white guy exhibited all the black stereotypes. The black players assumed that the white guy “couldn’t jump,” and probably sucked at “street basketball.” And they got taken for a ride as a result.