Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 8:44 pm

Well, this ought to rustle some Jimmies, at least two of them that I can think of off hand.

I don't watch TV so I can't comment on the quality of the show, but I think the dynamics are kind of interesting, in that FOX basically has half the country to itself as an audience while the other half is split among networks, while the staleness of the legacy late night shows is also far from secret outside of #Resistance-land. I wonder if the win comes from people who were already watching FOX, or if more people are switching the channel to see something different than what the other late shows are offering?

https://www.mediaite.com/news/fox-news- ... ire-month/

Quote:
Gutfeld! became the first non-broadcast network late-night show to defeat ABC, CBS and NBC for an entire month, as it was the most-watched program of its kind during the month of August.

Roughly 18 months into its run in the 11 p.m. ET hour on Fox News, the Greg Gutfeld-helmed talk show topped every program among its broadcast competition.

Gutfeld! averaged 2.19 million viewers for the month, edging out The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on CBS for the top spot. The Late Show finished a close second with an average of 2.15 viewers.

Stephen Colbert had been on top of The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on NBC and Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC since January 2017.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 3:44 am

I watch Gutfeld clips on youtube occasionally. I like him and Bill Maher.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 5:47 am

If he is who I think he is the left HATES him. :twisted:

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 6:48 am

I can see why.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 1:11 pm

I love Gutfield. I can't get enough of him.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 4:54 pm

Well, here's something about the reliability of your Gutfeld!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-gre ... 41009.html

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 5:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

You should really learn to read past the headlines.

From your own link:

Quote:
And yet Greg Gutfeld, when asked by co-host Jeanine Pirro, followed up Tarlov’s remarks by claiming that “everybody in a way deserves a mulligan when you have a pandemic once every hundred years.”

“There’s going to be people that are initially going to be right, and then wrong, and then that’s going to change,” he said.

“I am pro-disinformation because one man’s disinformation is another person’s fact, right?” said Gutfeld, who advised viewers against receiving a COVID-19 booster shot during the Omicron variant surge last winter.

“A censor never says they’re a censor. They just say they’re concerned about your health,” he claimed. “And so they use medical information now as kind of their weaponry to start curtailing information. So, disinformation has now become the new hate speech, right? And they use health as a shield.”

Later in the discussion, both Gutfeld and Pirro were skeptical as to whether social media companies are able to monitor their platforms for the type of disinformation Tarlov described.

“How do you police that? Pirro asked. “I mean really.”

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 5:46 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You should really learn to read past the headlines.

From your own link:

Quote:
And yet Greg Gutfeld, when asked by co-host Jeanine Pirro, followed up Tarlov’s remarks by claiming that “everybody in a way deserves a mulligan when you have a pandemic once every hundred years.”

“There’s going to be people that are initially going to be right, and then wrong, and then that’s going to change,” he said.

“I am pro-disinformation because one man’s disinformation is another person’s fact, right?” said Gutfeld, who advised viewers against receiving a COVID-19 booster shot during the Omicron variant surge last winter.

“A censor never says they’re a censor. They just say they’re concerned about your health,” he claimed. “And so they use medical information now as kind of their weaponry to start curtailing information. So, disinformation has now become the new hate speech, right? And they use health as a shield.”

Later in the discussion, both Gutfeld and Pirro were skeptical as to whether social media companies are able to monitor their platforms for the type of disinformation Tarlov described.

“How do you police that? Pirro asked. “I mean really.”

Someone's disinformation is not someone else' fact. Disinformation is untruth.
I think we both know Gutfeld and people like him aren't interested in other people's health, he's just interested in sticking it to the libs, no matter how detrimental his disinformation is.

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 6:51 pm

Well, this explains a lot about why the US is so divided.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 1:06 am

I've seen a few clips, but never tuned in. I don't think we get fox news. I have no idea if it's even an option in my country - although I suppose anything Could Be an option if someone wanted to find a way to view it via satellite or black box or something.

Anyways, gutfield is actually funny in about ~5% of the clips I've seen. The rest of the time he's mostly just making very crude insults about people that seem like they're written by ~12 year olds raised by cartoonishly crass parents. Not my type of comedy.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 1:46 am

Gutfeld's popularity is a good indication of what direction American voters are headed in.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 2:17 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Gutfeld's popularity is a good indication of what direction American voters are headed in.

More like a good indication of what the level of education & literacy is outside of major cities.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 2:25 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

More like a good indication of what the level of education & literacy is outside of major cities.

You think high ratings takes place outside of major cities? Okay. And you're also disparaging those who live outside of major cites? Okay.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 2:25 am

education & literacy is outside of major cities

showing your "elite-supremacy" a little?
and a total insult

those \imaginary friends/ people who don't know how to get an ID??

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 2:29 am

traven wrote:
education & literacy is outside of major cities

showing your "elite-supremacy" a little?
and a total insult

those \imaginary friends/ people who don't know how to get an ID??

It's not my fault the American public education system is failing their citizens so hard that gutfield has high ratings in their country.

It's a fact that major city centres have much higher levels of academic education.

I never said anything about imaginary friends or ID ????? :?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 2:33 am

So you're just trashing American citizens in general.

Shouldn't you be on a Canadian forum instead of associating with us poorly educated lowlifes?