I honestly first thought this had to be a joke!

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 4:48 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
So, because you disagree with Kinzinger and me, we made this all up? You disregard all the dedication from the religious right for Trump, proclaiming him "the Chosen One," and how he's supposed to be the most Pro-Christian President of all time?

Show me the religious right, outside of a kook, calling Trump Jesus Christ. Don't water it down to something less like you tend to do. You said they think he's Jesus, so stick with that, and provide something more than the opinion of a critic. That shouldn't be hard to to if there's any validity to the claim.

I said I'd come up with another one:

https://www.newsweek.com/billboard-hail ... ia-1628789

"Newsweek has reached out to the company that appears to own the billboard space, Reagan Outdoor Advertising, for confirmation of the sign's existence."

That wasn't followed up with any conformation of who put up the billboard or even that it actually existed.
Kraichgauer wrote:
[Of course the leadership of the Trump cult isn't going to go out and say to the general public that Trump is their Lord and Savior, though followers in the rank-and-file will have no such qualms.

So in other words the religious right does not call Trump Jesus Christ?
Kraichgauer wrote:
But why are you sensitive about Trump and the religious right? You say you aren't a Trump devotee, so fine. But are you in fact an evangelical, and dislike having mainline Christians point out your movement's failings?

I'm saying you made a false claim. I'll gladly retract that if you can prove that the religious right believes that Donald Trump is Jesus Christ.

Last edited by Matrix Glitch on 19 Sep 2022, 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 4:55 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
So, because you disagree with Kinzinger and me, we made this all up? You disregard all the dedication from the religious right for Trump, proclaiming him "the Chosen One," and how he's supposed to be the most Pro-Christian President of all time?

Show me the religious right, outside of a kook, calling Trump Jesus Christ. Don't water it down to something less like you tend to do. You said they think he's Jesus, so stick with that, and provide something more than the opinion of a critic. That shouldn't be hard to to if there's any validity to the claim.

I said I'd come up with another one:

https://www.newsweek.com/billboard-hail ... ia-1628789

"Newsweek has reached out to the company that appears to own the billboard space, Reagan Outdoor Advertising, for confirmation of the sign's existence."
That wasn't followed up with any conformation of who put up the billboard or even that it actually exists.
Kraichgauer wrote:
[Of course the leadership of the Trump cult isn't going to go out and say to the general public that Trump is their Lord and Savior, though followers in the rank-and-file will have no such qualms.

So in other words the religious right does not call Trump Jesus Christ?
Kraichgauer wrote:
But why are you sensitive about Trump and the religious right? You say you aren't a Trump devotee, so fine. But are you in fact an evangelical, and dislike having mainline Christians point out your movement's failings?

I'm saying you made a false claim. I'll gladly retract that if you can prove that the religious right believes that Donald Trump is Jesus Christ.

I don't have to retract saying that the religious right believes Trump is Christ because I never said they all do. But those who do are deluded members of the religious right.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 5:01 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I don't have to retract saying that the religious right believes Trump is Christ because I never said they all do. But those who do are deluded members of the religious right.

So some kooks believe he's the Son of God, just like some kooks believe he's the son of Satan, just like some kooks believe he's a Reptilian etc.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 2:11 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

So some kooks believe he's the Son of God, just like some kooks believe he's the son of Satan, just like some kooks believe he's a Reptilian etc.

Not a Reptilian, as that accusation is a QAnon thing, and those are the kooks in question. And the thing is, I've never once heard of FDR, Bill Clinton, or Barack Obama called the messiah, though plenty of what became the Trump cult accused Obama of being the Anti-Christ. Again, a certain number of Trump's followers have gone off the deep end in a way that no one else' followers in America have, and Trump has done nothing to discourage it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 5:04 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I'm sure that doesn't bother them in any way you'd like it too.

Therein lies the problem does it not? Tolerance of right wing fanaticism didn't go so well for Italy, Japan or Germany didn't it. If left unchecked and you keep putting nutjobs like Trump in office then you also bring with him a suite of sycophants who believe or follow depraved conspiracies which serve no other purpose other than cause social division. This is the classic mode of operation of the old style fuedalists, go back to the days where you divide society into classes or castes which reverts to the days of religious hold on society was fuedal, antiscientific and stagnated (we call that the dark ages).

Progressive government at least aspires (I'm not saying all democrats are angels) toward a future where humanity is governed by rational leadership who serve the common good of all it's citizens for the purpose of preparing humanity for the future. Trump's rhetoric of make America great again is a cry to take the country back to an olden time which everyone knows is a code for anti-progressive.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 1:23 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Not a Reptilian, as that accusation is a QAnon thing, and those are the kooks in question. And the thing is, I've never once heard of FDR, Bill Clinton, or Barack Obama called the messiah, though plenty of what became the Trump cult accused Obama of being the Anti-Christ. Again, a certain number of Trump's followers have gone off the deep end in a way that no one else' followers in America have, and Trump has done nothing to discourage it.

The left are the only ones I ever hear calling Trump a messiah repeatedly on a regular basis.

Last edited by Matrix Glitch on 20 Sep 2022, 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 1:28 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
I'm sure that doesn't bother them in any way you'd like it too.

Therein lies the problem does it not? Tolerance of right wing fanaticism didn't go so well for Italy, Japan or Germany didn't it. If left unchecked and you keep putting nutjobs like Trump in office then you also bring with him a suite of sycophants who believe or follow depraved conspiracies which serve no other purpose other than cause social division. This is the classic mode of operation of the old style fuedalists, go back to the days where you divide society into classes or castes which reverts to the days of religious hold on society was fuedal, antiscientific and stagnated (we call that the dark ages).

Progressive government at least aspires (I'm not saying all democrats are angels) toward a future where humanity is governed by rational leadership who serve the common good of all it's citizens for the purpose of preparing humanity for the future. Trump's rhetoric of make America great again is a cry to take the country back to an olden time which everyone knows is a code for anti-progressive.

Biden's infamous speech divided the nation as much as anything else has. Clinton calling half of the nation deplorables also divided the nation. Self-proclaimed progressives go out of their way to divide the nation into "us good, them evil".

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 1:53 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

The left are the only ones I ever hear calling Trump a messiah repeatedly on a regular basis.

Even if the right doesn't call Trump the messiah, they still think he's the font of all knowledge, that he's the world's greatest captain of industry, the world's greatest military mind, a shrewd but honest businessman, and the most Pro-Christian President ever. All those historians, scientists, career politicians, and everyone else who begs to differ are told they're completely wrong and are going to Hell. And then there's the elected Republican leaders who are so afraid of their voters that they'll repeat that nonsense even if they know it's completely wrong.
Incidentally, plenty of Republicans also believed Barack Obama was the Anti-Christ, and that Bill Clinton was gassing evangelicals.posting.php?mode=edit&f=21&p=9138890#

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 2:35 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Even if the right doesn't call Trump the messiah, they still think he's the font of all knowledge, that he's the world's greatest captain of industry, the world's greatest military mind, a shrewd but honest businessman, and the most Pro-Christian President ever. All those historians, scientists, career politicians, and everyone else who begs to differ are told they're completely wrong and are going to Hell. And then there's the elected Republican leaders who are so afraid of their voters that they'll repeat that nonsense even if they know it's completely wrong.
Incidentally, plenty of Republicans also believed Barack Obama was the Anti-Christ, and that Bill Clinton was gassing evangelicals.posting.php?mode=edit&f=21&p=9138890#

What I hear them say about Trump, doesn't match what I hear the left claiming they say about him. The left tends to hugely exaggerate a statement like "I think he's the best president we've ever had" to "I think he's Jesus Christ".

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 3:04 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

What I hear them say about Trump, doesn't match what I hear the left claiming they say about him. The left tends to hugely exaggerate a statement like "I think he's the best president we've ever had" to "I think he's Jesus Christ".

Both are untrue and gross exaggerations.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 3:31 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:

We don't have to look far to find evidence of the latter

White jesus

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 3:34 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

We don't have to look far to find evidence of the latter

White jesus

Who's the artist?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 3:35 am

Bob Waters

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 3:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Both are untrue and gross exaggerations.

One is how someone truly feels. The other is a distortion of how someone truly feels.

That's one reason why I take complaints about Trump and his supporters with a grain of salt, because the left does so much distorting and exaggerating. If he and they were that bad, the left wouldn't have to work so hard at making them look worse.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 3:40 am

cyberdad wrote:
Bob Waters

Who's Bob Waters?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 3:43 am

Matrix Glitch wrote: