MAGA’s give apparent ‘Heil Hitler’ salute at Trump rally

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 1:57 pm

Creepy, One-Finger Salute At Trump Rally Evokes 'Heil Hitler' Gesture

Quote:
Donald Trump disciples raise a disturbing stiff-armed one-fnger salute to the former president at his his Ohio rally Saturday night.

In what’s likely the eeriest of countless eerie scenes at a Donald Trump rally, the former president on Saturday lamented the ugly chaos of these times while supporters raised one finger in an overhead salute reminiscent of the “heil Hitler” gesture.

Trump ticked off his imagined list of current horrors in a kind of dirge with music playing in the background.

Several supporters, some with heads bowed, stood quietly in the audience with a single finger raised above their heads. Some viewers speculated that it referred to the nationalist “America first” slogan, while others claimed it was a symbol of QAnon, which Trump is increasingly espousing. Some in the audience were employing a modified white supremacy “OK” hate sign with only the index finger extended.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 2:16 pm

It's all just a charade to placate a very old very sick man who doesn't even know where or when he is.. he's been living in a reality of his own creation for so long, he needs to gather thousands of people around him in hopes of grounding himself back to the actual reality.. and so the people gather and do the gesture that they know the crazy old man gets off to and hope that maybe the energy of the room will bring him back out of his fantasy land and into reality momentarily again.. all the while not really caring if he ever leaves lala land because they're wildly entertained by his insane antics. It's just an infinite circle jerk of ridiculousness.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 6:15 am

Here's a group of neo-Nazis in Switzerland

And here's the MAGAs saluting Trump

You make up your own mind

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 8:25 am

Next thing you know they'll be wearing these with "Make American Great Again" written on them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 8:53 am

It's really NOT a good look-----those "salutes."

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 10:43 am

goldfish21 wrote:
It's all just a charade to placate a very old very sick man who doesn't even know where or when he is.. he's been living in a reality of his own creation for so long, he needs to gather thousands of people around him in hopes of grounding himself back to the actual reality.. and so the people gather and do the gesture that they know the crazy old man gets off to and hope that maybe the energy of the room will bring him back out of his fantasy land and into reality momentarily again.. all the while not really caring if he ever leaves lala land because they're wildly entertained by his insane antics. It's just an infinite circle jerk of ridiculousness.

Why are you so dismissive of Trump and his supporters?

cyberdad wrote:
Here's a group of neo-Nazis in Switzerland

And here's the MAGAs saluting Trump

You make up your own mind

Apologists will correctly note that with the MAGA salute the arms areva lot higher then the Heil Hitler salute. They will say those saying it was the Heil Hitler salute have Trump derangement syndrome. IMHO that deflection was the intent.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 19 Sep 2022, 10:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 10:46 am

OMFG what is wrong with people? I suppose they've forgotten World War 2 when the Nazis murdered millions of Jews! There aren't any people left alive anymore to remind them, so they are going back towards fascism. :roll:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 12:06 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Why are you so dismissive of Trump and his supporters?

I don't like him/satire.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 12:39 pm

KitLily wrote:
OMFG what is wrong with people? I suppose they've forgotten World War 2 when the Nazis murdered millions of Jews! There aren't any people left alive anymore to remind them, so they are going back towards fascism. :roll:

That's the basic flaw of humans me thinks. We can land a man on the moon but we can't seem to avoid repeating the past.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 12:46 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
KitLily wrote:

That's the basic flaw of humans me thinks. We can land a man on the moon but we can't seem to avoid repeating the past.

Yes, we don't have a continuing memory of what happened in the past anymore, do we... I reckon this is because we don't have communities anymore, where the community tribal elders passed down memories and history from the past, and the mistakes they had learned from: 'if you do X, then Y will happen, so don't do it.'

Each new generation thinks it knows best and makes the same mistakes :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 1:20 pm

One need only scratch the surface of the MAGA-Republican movement to perceive its ancestry in Naziism.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 9:01 pm

It isn't just the salute itself that's so frightening, of course, but the sinister cultish ideology behind it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2022, 11:20 pm

I never did like that salute.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 12:20 am

Jimmy Kimmel has a theory about the salute:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jimmy-ki ... 7bc700e8c9

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 3:34 am

Fnord wrote:
One need only scratch the surface of the MAGA-Republican movement to perceive its ancestry in Naziism.

Scratch the surface of nazism and you end up back in America. White supremacy and eugenics has its origins in the new world

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 4:05 am

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Scratch the surface of nazism and you end up back in America. White supremacy and eugenics has its origins in the new world

Sadly so, and still a little known fact.