15 Sep 2022, 2:34 pm

Because donnie trump that’s why.

https://www.mic.com/impact/trump-hugh-h ... ig-problem

Gross. Just go to jail already.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 3:00 pm

Remember that sending Hitler to jail didn't save Germany from being taken over by Nazism. Just saying. :|

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 3:30 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Remember that sending Hitler to jail didn't save Germany from being taken over by Nazism. Just saying. :|

Hitler was still a relatively young man, in a country not only bankrupt but humiliated by a peace treaty that held them responsible for a war they clearly had not caused. Trump is old and about to kick the bucket, and America is hardly facing the same social and economic trauma that Germany had. So it's not the same situation. Plus, while Hitler actually was a twisted genius, Trump is just plain twisted.
That, and Hitler actually wrote his own book.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 3:43 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Hitler was still a relatively young man, in a country not only bankrupt but humiliated by a peace treaty that held them responsible for a war they clearly had not caused. Trump is old and about to kick the bucket, and America is hardly facing the same social and economic trauma that Germany had. So it's not the same situation. Plus, while Hitler actually was a twisted genius, Trump is just plain twisted.

So the rise of 'Trumpism' in American politics among those far-right fanatics in our government who are younger and more politically savvy doesnt concern you at all?

Just because Trump goes away that does not mean that the cancer he has unleashed on this country will just vanish overnight. We might never heal from this.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 3:48 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

So the rise of 'Trumpism' in American politics among those far-right fanatics in our government who are younger and more politically savvy doesnt concern you at all?

Just because Trump goes away that does not mean that the cancer he has unleashed on this country will just vanish overnight. We might never heal from this.

Oh no, I agree younger Trumpsters are definitely a danger. I just think Trump himself has seen his day pass, but he just doesn't know it.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 3:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Oh no, I agree younger Trumpsters are definitely a danger. I just think Trump himself has seen his day pass, but he just doesn't know it.

Yeah that's true and I agree his time is coming, but like you said it's his younger acolytes that have me worried.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 8:15 pm

I was wondering when the latest and greatest fake Twitter word was going to make it over here, amazing the hoops those people will jump through to avoid coming right out and saying that they want to make disagreeing with them illegal.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 8:49 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I was wondering when the latest and greatest fake Twitter word was going to make it over here, amazing the hoops those people will jump through to avoid coming right out and saying that they want to make disagreeing with them illegal.

Wut?

trump isn’t disagreeing with someone. He’s sending a message to his cult to get violent if he’s held accountable for his crime spree.

Why do you think he should be able to crime with impunity?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 8:56 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

I don't think you understand American law very well, or really at all.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 9:13 pm

"Thursday, calling in to longtime right wing media figure Hugh Hewitt’s syndicated radio show to rant and rave about how gosh-darned unfair life has been for him, and also, it seemed, imply the threat of a little stochastic violence."

Does stochastic violence look anything like this?:

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 9:24 pm

You know what? I don't even care if this country does collapse on itself in a whirlwind of pointless violence and despair anymore. These people deserve it.

My fellow Americans, enjoy your civil war followed by a new dictatorship.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 9:27 pm

How can I when ketchup chips aren't available here?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 9:30 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:

How is it that the iconic Ugly American condiment is only available as a chip flavor in Diet America? Curious.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 6:12 pm

Dox47 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I don't think you understand American law very well, or really at all.

Based on what? :?

1. Guy commits tons of crimes.
2. Guy is being investigated for them.
3. Guy tells his cult followers to riot if he's indicted for crimes.

Pretty sure that's not legal nor good. Also pretty sure if you support him doing that that it seems you think he shouldn't be investigated/indicted and thus should be able to get away with his crime spree w/o consequences. Am I wrong on your thought process or does your support for him stop somewhere short of that?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 6:13 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
"Thursday, calling in to longtime right wing media figure Hugh Hewitt’s syndicated radio show to rant and rave about how gosh-darned unfair life has been for him, and also, it seemed, imply the threat of a little stochastic violence."

Does stochastic violence look anything like this?:

Upon close inspection; no - that looks like racial justice & human rights violence - an entirely different kind of violence.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 6:14 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:

Drive North. Canada is open for business & we got what you need.. at least a dozen different varieties of ketchup chips. Fill your boots & your truck - just remember to leave the cash on the counter. 8)