China declares no touching foreigners

Page 2 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 9:14 am

For some reason, your avatar looks like the Yorkist Rose. Used in the late 15th century during the "War of the Roses."

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 20 Sep 2022, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 9:17 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
For some reason, your avatar looks like the Yorkist Rose. Used in the late 15th during the "War of the Roses."

It does! He is Richard III :lol:

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 9:27 am

I think it actually is meant to be the Yorkshire rose but it's also the rose used on the black banner held by the Grim Reaper on the Death card in the Rider Waite Smith tarot decks.

As you can see here:

To be honest I'm not quite sure why the Yorkshire Rose was drawn for the Death card. I've read a number of theories like how the 5 petal rose resembles a pentagram and that it also relates to the bubonic plague because of the flower-like blotches that would appear on the faces of those afflicted by "black death".

It's an interesting symbol though! Also the Death Card is my birth card along with the Emperor card. So it's become my favorite card over time. :)

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 12:14 pm

Gosh people like to theorise don't they :lol:

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 12:21 pm

KitLily wrote:
Gosh people like to theorise don't they :lol:

Yes they do including myself. That's why I love the occult. It means "knowledge of the hidden". :P

Anyways I think we derailed this topic enough lol :oops:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 12:22 pm

I must admit I get a bit tired of theories, I'm more a 'writing stories' type. I suppose that's similar?

But theorise away! No harm in it.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 1:02 pm

Well as long as I don't get in trouble for it...

Here's an interesting thing I read somewhere about the pentagram in ancient times. You know many modern Christians associate it with 'evil' and things like 'paganism' and 'devil worship'. It doesnt help that modern Satanists have adopted the inverted pentagram as their personal symbol comparing it to the goat head of Baphomet.

But in ancient times the pentagram was actually a religious symbol used by both 'pagans' (iow non-Christian religions like the worship of the Greek and Roman pantheons) and early Christians who saw it as less a symbol for devil worship and more a symbol for the 5 wounds of Christ.

Even the 5 petal roses that were linked to the Pentagram went both ways. For the Ancient Greeks and Romans the rose was linked to the Goddess Aphrodite aka Venus as it was her most sacred flower born from when she cut herself on a thorny bush trying to get to her lover Adonis and save him from the tusks of a boar sent by her jealos lover Ares (she was tragically too late to save Adonis).

For Christians on the other hand, there was an old belief that roses were linked directly to the crucifixion of Jesus and that the thorny plant was the same crown of thorns placed on his head. And of course the traditional roses with 5 petals represented the 5 wounds on his body, which I think most likely has something to do with why in England the Houses of Yorkshire and Lancaster and later House Tudor used the 5 petal rose as their royal symbols, most likely it was connected to early Christianity. Roses were also a common symbol for Christian martyrs.

Here's a couple of websites that might can explain it better than I can. :)

https://www.gotquestions.org/pentagram-meaning.html

https://hroarr.com/article/the-rose-and-the-pentagram/

https://magicflowercompany.co.uk/blogs/ ... -red-roses

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 3:29 pm

That's what happens when dirty foreigners monkeypox up the place! :lol: :roll:

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 4:00 pm

Should it be mentioned that China has a long history of driving foreigners out through violence? Starting with the Portuguese merchants who wanted to try and establish trade with them centuries ago. :P

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 5:40 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Should it be mentioned that China has a long history of driving foreigners out through violence? Starting with the Portuguese merchants who wanted to try and establish trade with them centuries ago. :P

At the moment the fixation is to drive out the Africans. They represent the largest expatriate community in China concentrated primarily in Guanzhao (Which in Cantonese is referred to as "Chocolate city"). Unfortunately the younger chinese (particularly men) are resentful at their apparent success as merchants (it's no easy thing to out compete the Chinese) and their marrying local girls. Attacks against Afrticans is always an ever present danger.

The CCP is careful not to directly attack them and put their investments in Africa at risk, But when the opportunity arises (such as COVID19 and Monkeypox) they stoke the fires of xenophobia specifically against this group. In stark contrast westerners are fawned over. There is a huge demand for white teachers, security and consultants. The modelling industry in China also hires white catwalk models.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 5:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

At the moment the fixation is to drive out the Africans. They represent the largest expatriate community in China concentrated primarily in Guanzhao (Which in Cantonese is referred to as "Chocolate city"). Unfortunately the younger chinese (particularly men) are resentful at their apparent success as merchants (it's no easy thing to out compete the Chinese) and their marrying local girls. Attacks against Afrticans is always an ever present danger.

The CCP is careful not to directly attack them and put their investments in Africa at risk, But when the opportunity arises (such as COVID19 and Monkeypox) they stoke the fires of xenophobia specifically against this group. In stark contrast westerners are fawned over. There is a huge demand for white teachers, security and consultants. The modelling industry in China also hires white catwalk models.

But I'm sure there will come a time when the Chinese grow tired of worshipping white people and will drive them out of their country by force. They actually have a long history of doing this. Sometimes they're happy to open up to the West, other times they drive us out by force and become an isolated hermit state like North Korea is now or Japan used to be.

And if those armies of nationalistic 50 Cent Warriors trolling Twitter and Quora are anything to go by they're pretty much hoping to see Western Civilization crumble...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 3:53 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
But I'm sure there will come a time when the Chinese grow tired of worshipping white people and will drive them out of their country by force. They actually have a long history of doing this. Sometimes they're happy to open up to the West, other times they drive us out by force and become an isolated hermit state like North Korea is now or Japan used to be.

Chinese kids grow up watching cartoons with characters who typically look like this

Then as they get older the ideal look on social media is this

Believe it or not the girl in the picture is Chinese (Uyger), this look is in huge demand
https://www.frsthand.com/story/china-s- ... an-models-
After years of exposure to these role models you end up with this
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-57691525

So no sign yet of them getting tired of the "look".

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 6:05 am

^That girl looks almost emaciated.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 6:41 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
^That girl looks almost emaciated.

For many young girls in the west she's actually too fat.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 7:53 am

I certainly hope not!

She actually looks like she's being starved by her captors. Her eyes look vacant. She looks like she might be on drugs. Something's not right about her.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 7:54 am

cyberdad wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Chinese kids grow up watching cartoons with characters who typically look like this

So are Japanese kids. Reminds me of Usagi from the anime Sailor Moon. :lol: