Virginia Students walkout - Trans policies

Page 6 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

29 Sep 2022, 1:08 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

It's okay to just admit that you have nothing of value or relevance to contribute.

Just admit that you have nothing with which to refute the facts, which is why you've resorted to gaslighting and heckling.

Are you Okay? :?

You seem to have misread what I've written above, which I was Very Clear to say are in fact, Facts.

That doesn't make any sense. Are you okay? You've been acting really strange.

I'm FABULOUS, thanks for asking! :)

Is that another way of saying stoned?



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,751
Location: Long Island, New York

29 Sep 2022, 1:16 pm

Hold on guys, take a step back.

I am back hopefully only briefly, but I think Goldfish unintentionally hit on something.

Biden Admin Replaces 'Mothers' With 'Birthing People' in Maternal Health Guidance
I can also give you a list of mainstream sources but The Biden Administration agreeing with this language is a good indication this language preference is far from fringe.

Goldfish says he sees none of this in the LGBT spaces he frequents. I believe him.

What think is going on here is that is that it is being promoted by wokes most of whom are not LGBT and these mainstream organizations are agreeing to it because of 1. Virtue Signaling 2. The wokes make such a racket that it it seems if you do not go along you are bigoted and out of date so they go along because who wants to be that person. As more “respectable” organizations go along it adds to the feeling that if you don’t go along you are a problem.

In other words, the wokes do for groups without asking said groups. That is their MO. Ask latinx people about this.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 29 Sep 2022, 1:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,874
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

29 Sep 2022, 1:17 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
I'm FABULOUS, thanks for asking! :)

Is that another way of saying stoned?


Nope. Just feeling particularly extra LGBT thanks to you sharing knowledge of so many genders with me! :)

Is this insulting post your request for your posts to be reported or the thread to be locked? :?


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

29 Sep 2022, 1:41 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Nope. Just feeling particularly extra LGBT thanks to you sharing knowledge of so many genders with me! :)

Is this insulting post your request for your posts to be reported or the thread to be locked? :?

LGBT doesn't attribute to the peculiar behavior you've been displaying. Or were you just acting that way to goad me into finally saying something about it that you could report?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,998
Location: Queens, NYC

29 Sep 2022, 1:43 pm

In real life, people don't use all those pronouns. They just don't.

It's he/him/his; her/she/hers; and, rarely: they, them.



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

29 Sep 2022, 1:44 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Hold on guys, take a step back.

I am back hopefully only briefly, but I think Goldfish unintentionally hit on something.

Biden Admin Replaces 'Mothers' With 'Birthing People' in Maternal Health Guidance
I can also give you a list of mainstream sources but The Biden Administration agreeing with this language is a good indication this language preference is far from fringe.

Goldfish says he sees none of this in the LGBT spaces he frequents. I believe him.

What think is going on here is that is that it is being promoted by wokes most of whom are not LGBT and these mainstream organizations are agreeing to it because of 1. Virtue Signaling 2. The wokes make such a racket that it it seems if you do not go along you are bigoted and out of date so they go along because who wants to be that person. As more “respectable” organizations go along it adds to the feeling that if you don’t go along you are a problem.

In other words, the wokes do for groups without asking said groups. That is their MO. Ask latinx people about this.

That's what I've been saying all along.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,874
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

29 Sep 2022, 1:44 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Nope. Just feeling particularly extra LGBT thanks to you sharing knowledge of so many genders with me! :)

Is this insulting post your request for your posts to be reported or the thread to be locked? :?

LGBT doesn't attribute to the peculiar behavior you've been displaying. Or were you just acting that way to goad me into finally saying something about it that you could report?


1. It's creepy that you claim to be observing me and my behaviours. Hacker/stalker much?

2. Wtf are you talking about? You asked if I was okay and I answered. Not my problem if you don't like my answer. 8)

3. You breaking forum rules has nothing to do with me. I don't type your submissions - you do.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Last edited by goldfish21 on 29 Sep 2022, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

29 Sep 2022, 1:46 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
In real life, people don't use all those pronouns. They just don't.

It's he/him/his; her/she/hers; and, rarely: they, them.

And yet it all exists nevertheless.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,874
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

29 Sep 2022, 1:48 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
In real life, people don't use all those pronouns. They just don't.

It's he/him/his; her/she/hers; and, rarely: they, them.

And yet it all exists nevertheless.

On some far corner of the internet that you insist on seeking out and using as justification not to be polite and respectful to trans people who've changed their names or preferred pronouns.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

29 Sep 2022, 1:50 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Nope. Just feeling particularly extra LGBT thanks to you sharing knowledge of so many genders with me! :)

Is this insulting post your request for your posts to be reported or the thread to be locked? :?

LGBT doesn't attribute to the peculiar behavior you've been displaying. Or were you just acting that way to goad me into finally saying something about it that you could report?


1. It's creepy that you claim to be observing me and my behaviours. Hacker/stalker much?

2. Wtf are you talking about? You asked if I was okay and I answered. Not my problem if you don't like my answer. 8)

3. You breaking forum rules has nothing to do with me. I don't type your submissions - you do.


It's not creepy to point out that you've been blatantly flaming, goading, gaslighting and heckling. Apparently when you don't like certain facts, you resort to those antics to get the thread locked and perhaps burn someone in the process. But tell you what, I just won't reply to any of your posts ever again. Problem solved.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,874
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

29 Sep 2022, 1:57 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Nope. Just feeling particularly extra LGBT thanks to you sharing knowledge of so many genders with me! :)

Is this insulting post your request for your posts to be reported or the thread to be locked? :?

LGBT doesn't attribute to the peculiar behavior you've been displaying. Or were you just acting that way to goad me into finally saying something about it that you could report?


1. It's creepy that you claim to be observing me and my behaviours. Hacker/stalker much?

2. Wtf are you talking about? You asked if I was okay and I answered. Not my problem if you don't like my answer. 8)

3. You breaking forum rules has nothing to do with me. I don't type your submissions - you do.


It's not creepy to point out that you've been blatantly trolling, gaslighting and heckling. Apparently when you don't like certain facts, you resort to those antics to get the thread locked and perhaps burn someone in the process. But tell you what, I just won't reply to any of your posts ever again. Problem solved.


:lol:

There you go accusing me of posting 'alternative facts,' when I was Crystal Clear that I was in fact posting facts - but Okay. :roll: :lol:

As for never ever responding to any of my posts ever again..

Image


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,475
Location: Northern California

03 Oct 2022, 6:44 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Hold on guys, take a step back.

I am back hopefully only briefly, but I think Goldfish unintentionally hit on something.

Biden Admin Replaces 'Mothers' With 'Birthing People' in Maternal Health Guidance
I can also give you a list of mainstream sources but The Biden Administration agreeing with this language is a good indication this language preference is far from fringe.

Goldfish says he sees none of this in the LGBT spaces he frequents. I believe him.

What think is going on here is that is that it is being promoted by wokes most of whom are not LGBT and these mainstream organizations are agreeing to it because of 1. Virtue Signaling 2. The wokes make such a racket that it it seems if you do not go along you are bigoted and out of date so they go along because who wants to be that person. As more “respectable” organizations go along it adds to the feeling that if you don’t go along you are a problem.

In other words, the wokes do for groups without asking said groups. That is their MO. Ask latinx people about this.

That's what I've been saying all along.


To me, the issue in most conversations is degrees. Yes, there is an element of virtue signaling, and an element of "hero" complex, both of which are actually degrading to the groups one is claiming to ally with. But people who want to point out these elements tend to use language that suggest that's all everyone does, which, for obvious reasons, puts people on the defensive. A lot of people who engage in these "sins" are well intentioned, just not deeply informed enough to understand the real effects. Since I consider myself to be part of that group, well intentioned but still often getting it all wrong, I can say with certainty that the sarcastic and combative approach usually taken isn't going to get this group where it needs to go with a deeper understanding. Better to refer to people to leading thought leaders in the affected communities than to try to direct the conversation yourself because, unless the person posting the argument is a well informed member of the affected community, that person's efforts are inevitably going to come across as insincere and possibly even racist.

When dealing with complex, multi-faceted concepts like how to talk about and deal with racism, it is important for everyone in the conversation to continually challenge themselves on their own motives and approaches.

A few challenges just to start:

To the liberal side: are we sure we're right? Are we looking at if we're doing more harm than good in our efforts to be allies? We need to understand what virtue signaling is, and when we're trying to "rescue" someone that doesn't want rescuing, instead of clearing the path for them to achieve their own goals.

To the conservative side: beware of thought leaders promoting reasonable sounding concepts with a tinge of truth for goals that may be not your own. The same conversation that you want to use to force liberals to rethink some of their actions and ideas can also be used as a disguise for actual racism. If you don't have an alternative action plan, by trying to destroy someone else's, you are basically advocating for the status quo, while we should all know the status quo isn't yet where it needs to be.


_________________
Mom to an amazing young adult AS son, plus an also amazing non-AS daughter. Most likely part of the "Broader Autism Phenotype" (some traits).


Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Sep 2018
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,844
Location: New York City (Queens)

03 Oct 2022, 9:56 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I didn't make any of that up. All I did was google "how many genders are there?" Along with "how many preferred gender pronouns are there?", or "list of preferred gender pronouns".

Just because someone says something on the Internet (and you found it via Google) doesn't mean it's representative of the real world.

Now that singular "they" has come to be accepted in style guides, hardly anyone uses any other pronoun to refer to a person of either nonbinary or unknown gender.


_________________
- Autistic in NYC - Resources and new ideas for the autistic adult community in the New York City metro area.
- Autistic peer-led groups (via text-based chat, currently) led or facilitated by members of the Autistic Peer Leadership Group.
- My Twitter (new as of 2021)


Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Sep 2018
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,844
Location: New York City (Queens)

03 Oct 2022, 10:27 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
One of several sources I found right away: What Are the 72 Other Genders? from MedicneNet.

Many of those words I've never seen before.

Some of them are words I have seen before, but not as "genders" per se. Some of those words pertain to how a person experiences gender.

For example, "autigender" is not usually said to be a gender, but rather a shorthand way of saying that one's experience of gender has been affected by one's autism. (See, for example, this article.)

Apparently there does exist a small subculture of people who identify as various "xenogenders" (and consider them to be genders). However, this seems to be a very tiny subculture --- not big enough to have a Wikipedia article devoted to it. They are certainly not representative of nonbinary people.


_________________
- Autistic in NYC - Resources and new ideas for the autistic adult community in the New York City metro area.
- Autistic peer-led groups (via text-based chat, currently) led or facilitated by members of the Autistic Peer Leadership Group.
- My Twitter (new as of 2021)


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,874
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

04 Oct 2022, 8:39 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
I didn't make any of that up. All I did was google "how many genders are there?" Along with "how many preferred gender pronouns are there?", or "list of preferred gender pronouns".

Just because someone says something on the Internet (and you found it via Google) doesn't mean it's representative of the real world.

Now that singular "they" has come to be accepted in style guides, hardly anyone uses any other pronoun to refer to a person of either nonbinary or unknown gender.


Exactly. I just googled 'how many colours are there,' annnnd:

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+man ... e&ie=UTF-8

'10 million different colors
It has been estimated that humans can distinguish roughly 10 million different colors.'

Yet in real practical everyday life ROY G BIV covers pretty much everything in 7 colours and no human alive, or that's ever lived, could name 10 Million colours.

..but google.. but google.. who cares? In these examples the google possibilities are not reflective of real life.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

04 Oct 2022, 10:37 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
I didn't make any of that up. All I did was google "how many genders are there?" Along with "how many preferred gender pronouns are there?", or "list of preferred gender pronouns".

Just because someone says something on the Internet (and you found it via Google) doesn't mean it's representative of the real world.

Now that singular "they" has come to be accepted in style guides, hardly anyone uses any other pronoun to refer to a person of either nonbinary or unknown gender.

Based on what you're saying it's obvious to me that I've looked into this more extensively than you have. For instance Facebook has 58 gender options.