Did Biden sabotage Russian gas pipelines as he implied?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 9:44 pm

Last edited by Matrix Glitch on 28 Sep 2022, 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 12:24 am

To be fair, he did not directly say that the USA would sabotage the pipelines. But the ambiguity, without saying something along the lines of applying diplomatic pressure on the German government...

So, who has the means and motive to carry such an act.

Lest say Russia, they might be able to do it. However unless they planned it as a false flag, what would they gain that can not gain without simply stopping the flow of gas from their side. While letting open the possibility to restart supplying gas to use as leverage. So I consider it unlikely that Russia carried this out, I will put the odds at 30-40%. Since it can not be ruled out that they might have carried out a false flag. But I have not heard any signals about them claiming that they detected suspicious NATO submarine movements in the Baltic sea. And it would be embarrassing to claim the Ukrainian navy carried out the attack.

The USA/NATO, basically the same thing since it is effectively under US control anyway. We have Biden's ambiguous statement. They certainly have the capacity to do so. And the US foreign policy establishment would probably like the idea of a Europe more depended on America for their energy. But once again has to carried out in a way that might implicate other actors. Or else it might turn many in Europe hard against the US. Even more so with coming of winter here. And the already rising gas-prices. I will the odds at the moment at 35-40%. The motive and capacity is there. But it needs to be well executed out covert operation, with also keeping their European allies in the dark.

But the problem is considering the present circumstances. It might be better to be very skeptical about any claims made by both sides.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 9:04 pm

I heard an interesting motive. The repair may potentially require lifting of sanctions on banks and companies involved.

Or it could be Biden pushing American LNG sales to Europe once more as Matrix Glitch had implied.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 10:32 pm

I rarely listen to Fox or Tucker Carlson, but the catchy headline of this particular piece caught my attention. And I wonder if it would have ever been brought to my attention through any media outlet other than Fox.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 10:42 pm

Does Biden ever do anything these days?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 11:02 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Does Biden ever do anything these days?

Good point. Maybe it wasn't him after all but rather whoever is operating his puppet strings.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2022, 7:10 pm

If this had just been an accident, Tucker would be laughing about environmental concerns. He only cares because he gets to take a shot at Biden, and because he wants to defend Putin who he had admitted in the past he supports.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2022, 7:59 pm

No

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2022, 10:09 pm

The US may have had something to do with it but Biden? He's fighting off mini-strokes during every press conference.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2022, 11:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
If this had just been an accident, Tucker would be laughing about environmental concerns. He only cares because he gets to take a shot at Biden, and because he wants to defend Putin who he had admitted in the past he supports.

It seemed his point was that Biden and the democrats are supposed to care.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 1:47 am

Dangerously stupid conspiracy theory alert.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 2:17 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Dangerously stupid conspiracy theory alert.

There's no doubt someone blew them up. The question is who.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 2:45 am

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 3:43 am

IF russia did it, one major thing they'd have to gain is everyone else pointing fingers at each other, creating a lack of trust amongst Americans & Europeans. Could be worth the $ to mess with the world like that.

Also, magz posted something in the Ukraine war thread about these pipelines being largely unused, so apparently it's not such a great loss of revenues/profits for russia to blow up pipelines that no one's buying much gas through. If they were making bank off of them then yeah it might be stupid to blow them up yourself.. but if they're sitting there doing a whole lot of nothing.. well, they may as well at least contribute to the war effort by getting everyone else to point fingers at each other I guess.

And the fact that Biden said this stuff on camera is another reason for someone who isn't the USA to have done it, as they can then point to these clips and say Joey B did it.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 11:29 am

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tucker-c ... f89f48ab3f

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 2:33 pm

Whether we did it or not, I think Biden wants to keep us in the suspect pool for various geopolitical reasons, strategic ambiguity and all that.