Page 3 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,401
Location: Adelaide, Australia

11 Oct 2022, 3:12 am

Elon Musk is the jerk who welcomed the jerk.


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,254
Location: Seattle-ish

11 Oct 2022, 5:11 am

Kanye has Schrodinger's syndrome, in that whatever offensive thing he's doing at the moment, whether or not it's blamed on his well documented mental health struggles is not determined until he closes the waveform by picking a target, until then it both is and is not the product of his MH.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,660
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Oct 2022, 3:59 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Why? Because of persistent right wing myth that all liberals are Christ hating, atheistic, idol worshipping masturbators?


Well, aren't you?


Just like you're all racist, homophobic, fundamentalist prudes? Stereotyping isn't fair, is it?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,660
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Oct 2022, 4:01 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Is supposing really necessary?


Why? Because of persistent right wing myth that all liberals are Christ hating, atheistic, idol worshipping masturbators?

No because of what most liberals themselves express regarding Christianity.

Except maybe their unbiblical secular version of Christ and Christianity.


Thank you for not succumbing to unfair stereotypes. But what unbiblical secular versions of Christ and Christianity?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Mitchell M.
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 5 Jul 2022
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Posts: 55
Location: United States

11 Oct 2022, 4:02 pm

QFT wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
Who?

Sounds like some white supremacist.


He is black.

But they mentioned he had "white lives matter" sign.

I don't know if he is self-hating black or what.

He also cited "Black Israelism" doctrine that says Blacks are God's chosen people instead of Jews. So that sounds like black pride rather than black self-hatred. I don't know what to make of it.

Based on ADL stats, American blacks are far more antisemitic than American Whites. So antisemitism is not a surprise. But "White Lives Matter" is.


When QFT calls out a racist you know its bad lmao



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,665

11 Oct 2022, 4:13 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kanye has Schrodinger's syndrome, in that whatever offensive thing he's doing at the moment, whether or not it's blamed on his well documented mental health struggles is not determined until he closes the waveform by picking a target, until then it both is and is not the product of his MH.


?? where did you pull this one from?

Is he trapped in a box like the proverbial cat?



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

11 Oct 2022, 7:19 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Why? Because of persistent right wing myth that all liberals are Christ hating, atheistic, idol worshipping masturbators?


Well, aren't you?


Just like you're all racist, homophobic, fundamentalist prudes? Stereotyping isn't fair, is it?

Actually except for the racist part, the rest is accurate as seen by worldly standards. At least as far as Christians go.



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

11 Oct 2022, 7:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Is supposing really necessary?


Why? Because of persistent right wing myth that all liberals are Christ hating, atheistic, idol worshipping masturbators?

No because of what most liberals themselves express regarding Christianity.

Except maybe their unbiblical secular version of Christ and Christianity.


Thank you for not succumbing to unfair stereotypes. But what unbiblical secular versions of Christ and Christianity?

Image



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,660
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Oct 2022, 10:21 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Is supposing really necessary?


Why? Because of persistent right wing myth that all liberals are Christ hating, atheistic, idol worshipping masturbators?

No because of what most liberals themselves express regarding Christianity.

Except maybe their unbiblical secular version of Christ and Christianity.


Thank you for not succumbing to unfair stereotypes. But what unbiblical secular versions of Christ and Christianity?

Image


Who says the worldly Jesus is the liberal Jesus? Some of that applies to Prosperity Gospel, which is hardly left wing.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

11 Oct 2022, 11:10 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Image


Who says the worldly Jesus is the liberal Jesus? Some of that applies to Prosperity Gospel, which is hardly left wing.

As pointed out before, the left wing says it. The only line that would appeal to the prosperity bunch is, gives you health, wealth and happiness. But the secular leftist view is similar in that Jesus is all about rainbow warm fuzzies.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,660
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

11 Oct 2022, 11:50 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Image


Who says the worldly Jesus is the liberal Jesus? Some of that applies to Prosperity Gospel, which is hardly left wing.

As pointed out before, the left wing says it. The only line that would appeal to the prosperity bunch is, gives you health, wealth and happiness. But the secular leftist view is similar in that Jesus is all about rainbow warm fuzzies.


Oh, I don't know. I've seen the left use Christ's words to condemn the hardheartedness toward the needy and greed of capitalists, and their apologists among the religious right. And I'm pretty sure those leftwing Christians are right.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

12 Oct 2022, 12:08 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Oh, I don't know. I've seen the left use Christ's words to condemn the hardheartedness toward the needy and greed of capitalists, and their apologists among the religious right. And I'm pretty sure those leftwing Christians are right.

It's all a sham claiming it's only relegated to the right, when there are scores of filthy rich people on the left. Look at the biggest very blue city in your own state, where hosing is completely unaffordable to the poor, and there are tent villages everywhere. They're using the words of Christ in total hypocrisy. Really what they're wanting is a society that's run by and dependent upon their democrat government. Because they've been brainwashed to think that's what's best for everyone. The democrat side is give the man a fish and make him dependent. The republican side is teach the man to fish and make him independent.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,660
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

12 Oct 2022, 12:49 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Oh, I don't know. I've seen the left use Christ's words to condemn the hardheartedness toward the needy and greed of capitalists, and their apologists among the religious right. And I'm pretty sure those leftwing Christians are right.

It's all a sham claiming it's only relegated to the right, when there are scores of filthy rich people on the left. Look at the biggest very blue city in your own state, where hosing is completely unaffordable to the poor, and there are tent villages everywhere. They're using the words of Christ in total hypocrisy. Really what they're wanting is a society that's run by and dependent upon their democrat government. Because they've been brainwashed to think that's what's best for everyone. The democrat side is give the man a fish and make him dependent. The republican side is teach the man to fish and make him independent.


Who says the wealthy on the left are exempt from criticism?
There's a lot more to Washington state than Seattle. Spokane, which is more purple, is fairly affordable, still.
The right wants people to be independent just because they don't want people getting help from the government? That talk of pulling yourself up by your bootstraps is bullsh*t when business has been allowed to get away with paying as few workers as little as they can get away with for as many hours as possible, all so said business community can "achieve the American dream." Well, it's achieving that dream at the expense of the many, all for short term gain. Maybe if business people payed as many workers a living wage as possible, rather than seeing capitalism as a get rich quick scheme, then they could get rich - yes, more slowly - but more sustainably by making the rest of society well off as well.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,463
Location: Long Island, New York

12 Oct 2022, 1:10 am

Motherboard obtained footage of Ye making bigoted statements about Jewish people and bizarre claims about "fake children," as well as describing visions of "kinetic energy" cities sent to him by God.

Quote:
Fox News recently aired a two-part interview between Tucker Carlson and Ye, the artist formerly known as Kanye West. Motherboard has obtained portions of the interview that were edited out of the final broadcast. These include numerous antisemitic sentiments from Ye, a strange and lengthy digression about “fake children” he claimed were planted in his house to manipulate his own children, and a statement that he’s vaccinated against COVID-19.

Carlson used the interview, which was presented as a piece of landmark television, to hit on a few of Fox News’ favorite boogeyman, with Ye’s enthusiastic participation: the Clintons, former President Obama, COVID restrictions, and, of course, the Kardashians. But what the Tucker Carlson team chose to leave out is just as revealing.

In the version of the interview that made it to air, Ye described what he said was pressure not to support Donald Trump when the latter was a candidate, called the singer Lizzo “clinically unhealthy” for her weight, and tried to explain his decision to appear at Paris Fashion Week with conservative pundit Candace Owens in matching “White Lives Matter” shirts. Carlson praised the interview as “interesting, deep, provocative,” and aired nearly two full hours of it over the course of two nights.

“Do you feel at times you were manipulated by political forces through your wife?” Carlson asked hopefully at one point, in a fairly representative piece of footage. (Ye responded that he was unaware of how close Kim Kardashian was to “the Clintons” during the time they were married.) A simple statement of fact from Ye—“I was vaccinated”—was edited out of a part of the conversation about COVID; Carlson has repeatedly used his show to air false and dangerous claims aimed at discouraging his viewers from getting vaccinated.

The other footage that didn’t air specifically includes numerous asides about Jewish people.

In his interview with Carlson, Ye said that Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger, a “known eugenics,” as he put it, created Planned Parenthood with the KKK “to control the Jew population.”

“When I say Jew, I mean the 12 lost tribes of Judah, the blood of Christ, who the people known as the race Black really are,” Ye added. “This is who our people are. The blood of Christ. This, as a Christian, is my belief.”

The statement mashes up a few different claims. Sanger was indeed a racist and eugenicist, a stance the organization has since denounced; claims that Planned Parenthood exists to kill Black infants in the womb are common across several different conspiratorial spaces. Ye was also referring to the claim, unsupported by historical evidence, that Black people are the “real” Jewish race, which is often used to promote antisemitism. (The Southern Poverty Law Center has a broader explanation of this particular tangled claim, which is often, but not always, associated with the Black Hebrew Israelites, a movement that originated in the 19th century; some Black Hebrew Israelite sects believe that non-Black Jews are impostors or usurpers of “true” Jewish identity.)

In another aside about Jews that didn’t make it to air, Ye used a strange metaphor when talking about Black people judging one another, telling Carlson, “Think about us judging each other on how white we could talk would be like, you know, a Jewish person judging another Jewish person on how good they danced or something.” He paused. “I mean, that's probably like a bad example and people are going to get mad at that s**t.” A few moments later, he added, “I probably want to edit that out.”

At another point, when complaining that his children are going to a school that celebrates Kwanzaa, Ye added, “I prefer my kids knew Hanukkah than Kwanzaa. At least it will come with some financial engineering.” (The belief that Jews control the financial system is one of the oldest and most deeply-rooted antisemitic claims. It’s unclear if that’s what he meant by “financial engineering,” a term generally associated with the creation of exotic financial instruments.)

n one more aside, Ye told Carlson that he was going to be “the first Latino president.” That statement was aired, but it was followed by something that wasn’t. “I just, I trust Latinos when I, you know, when I work with them,” he told Carlson. “I trust them more than—” he paused. “I'll be safe, certain other businessmen, you know.” (Carlson did not ask which businessmen those might be.)

Carlson’s program also didn’t air a strange claim from Ye that “fake children” had been placed in his house to manipulate his children.

“I mean, like actors, professional actors, placed into my house to sexualize my kids,” he told Carlson. He referred to the “so-called son” of an associate, seemingly to imply the child was fake. “We don't, we didn’t even believe that this person was her son because he was way smarter than her, right?” (Ye has spoken frequently about living with bipolar disorder and experiencing manic episodes. In 2019, he discussed how he experiences these with David Letterman, telling him, “When you’re in this state, you’re hyper-paranoid about everything, everyone. This is my experience, other people have different experiences. Everyone now is an actor. Everything’s a conspiracy.”)

Carlson didn’t ask any followup questions or redirect this line of thought, allowing Ye to lead directly into another claim, which also didn’t air, about one of his children being “kidnapped” on her birthday so that Ye was not able to see her. That claim is part of what seems to be his ongoing, and very public, obsession with being treated unfairly or unequally in his children’s lives, and in the midst of a heated custody battle with Kim Kardashian.

A lengthy piece of the interview that was also not broadcast involved Ye’s ruminations about the death of Virgil Abloh, the fashion designer who was his one-time friend, and who died in November 2021. Ye accused Louis Vuitton, where Abloh worked at the time of his death, of “killing” Abloh and said he was “beefing” with the company. (Abloh died of cancer at just 41 years old.)

Ye also made a strange comment, which Carlson didn’t air, about his plans to create “kinetic energy communities” built with “free energy,” a technology not currently available to human beings.

Carlson closed his segment on the Ye interview by declaring that the artist—whose erratic behavior has for years been at the center of discussions about mental health and how Black men with mental health issues are treated— is “not crazy” and “worth listening to.” He also added, approvingly, that Ye was “getting bolder” in what he has to say.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

12 Oct 2022, 1:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Who says the wealthy on the left are exempt from criticism?
There's a lot more to Washington state than Seattle. Spokane, which is more purple, is fairly affordable, still.
The right wants people to be independent just because they don't want people getting help from the government? That talk of pulling yourself up by your bootstraps is bullsh*t when business has been allowed to get away with paying as few workers as little as they can get away with for as many hours as possible, all so said business community can "achieve the American dream." Well, it's achieving that dream at the expense of the many, all for short term gain. Maybe if business people payed as many workers a living wage as possible, rather than seeing capitalism as a get rich quick scheme, then they could get rich - yes, more slowly - but more sustainably by making the rest of society well off as well.

All I hear about is greedy right wing capitalists.
My point is despite how much the left extols themselves as helpers of the poor, there's actually little evidence of it in areas they dominate. The right doesn't want a USSR type government. And again with the stereotyping that all business owners are right wing, when there's just as many who are left wing, paying the same wages under the same working conditions. And if the left raises the minimum wage to $50 per hour, left wing business owners are just going to chage $35 for a cheeseburger and $5500 a month for a studio apartment in return. The altruism of the left is a total facade. The ones on the left running things are just as rich and greedy as their right wing opponents.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,660
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

12 Oct 2022, 2:00 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Who says the wealthy on the left are exempt from criticism?
There's a lot more to Washington state than Seattle. Spokane, which is more purple, is fairly affordable, still.
The right wants people to be independent just because they don't want people getting help from the government? That talk of pulling yourself up by your bootstraps is bullsh*t when business has been allowed to get away with paying as few workers as little as they can get away with for as many hours as possible, all so said business community can "achieve the American dream." Well, it's achieving that dream at the expense of the many, all for short term gain. Maybe if business people payed as many workers a living wage as possible, rather than seeing capitalism as a get rich quick scheme, then they could get rich - yes, more slowly - but more sustainably by making the rest of society well off as well.

All I hear about is greedy right wing capitalists.
My point is despite how much the left extols themselves as helpers of the poor, there's actually little evidence of it in areas they dominate. The right doesn't want a USSR type government. And again with the stereotyping that all business owners are right wing, when there's just as many who are left wing, paying the same wages under the same working conditions. And if the left raises the minimum wage to $50 per hour, left wing business owners are just going to chage $35 for a cheeseburger and $5500 a month for a studio apartment in return. The altruism of the left is a total facade. The ones on the left running things are just as rich and greedy as their right wing opponents.


Nobody wants a Soviet style government on the left anymore than on the right.
Sure, there are plenty of politically left wing business owners, and I'm just as critical of them as I am of their rightwing brethren.
What's wrong with raising wages when wages have been static for decades, while the price of goods and services has been skyrocketing with corporate profits? Why can't the business community just avoid their impulse for greed and not raise prices when they could be providing workers with a living wage? Business people would still make money, just not ungodly amounts. The whole matter is allowing labor a voice again, making them a partner with business in economic growth, as they had been in the heydays of labor unions. Want to end dependency on the government? Then business people of all political stripes should raise wages, and even lower costs. But last I checked, the pro-business community is fanatically opposed to organized labor. So, yes, it's the left who does care about poverty, and lifting people into the middle class.
As for that studio apartment - - greedy management companies are outpricing people's ability to pay for any sort of housing. And middle class people have displayed their prejudice regarding building low income housing in their neighborhoods.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer