Page 4 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 2:16 am

Glitch taking you on another journey through the twighlight zone?

The topic is on Kanye West

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 2:24 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Nobody wants a Soviet style government on the left anymore than on the right.
Sure, there are plenty of politically left wing business owners, and I'm just as critical of them as I am of their rightwing brethren.
What's wrong with raising wages when wages have been static for decades, while the price of goods and services has been skyrocketing with corporate profits? Why can't the business community just avoid their impulse for greed and not raise prices when they could be providing workers with a living wage? Business people would still make money, just not ungodly amounts. The whole matter is allowing labor a voice again, making them a partner with business in economic growth, as they had been in the heydays of labor unions. Want to end dependency on the government? Then business people of all political stripes should raise wages, and even lower costs. But last I checked, the pro-business community is fanatically opposed to organized labor. So, yes, it's the left who does care about poverty, and lifting people into the middle class.
As for that studio apartment - - greedy management companies are outpricing people's ability to pay for any sort of housing. And middle class people have displayed their prejudice regarding building low income housing in their neighborhoods.

I already explained the problem with raising wages. I've been a security guard most of my life. So I know all about low wages. Although I'm now making what skilled labor used to make. And big whoop. I'm also paying the same money for a fast food meal, that I used to pay for a meal in a real restaurant. The more my wages go up, the more the price of everything I buy goes up, to even the playing field. It's making the cost of living worse for me, rather than better. My company joined a union too. Now I get union dues taken out of my paycheck and receive annoying junk mail, email spam and texts from the union. Whoopty doo. What part of the left calling the shots are just as rich and greedy don't you get? The only democat I know of who's been the real deal when it comes to caring for the poor is Jimmy Cater. Obama? He lives on a gigantic seaside estate. The Clintons? LOL. Schumer, Pelosi and the rest? Mansions, private jets and limousines. Are Musk, Bezos, Gates and Zuckerberg right wingers? Nope. I can't believe you fall for and promote the lie that only right wingers are the rich and greedy ones.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 2:27 am

cyberdad wrote:
Glitch taking you on another journey through the twighlight zone?

The topic is on Kanye West

I'm having a one on one with your buddy, who got this particular ball rolling.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 2:48 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Nobody wants a Soviet style government on the left anymore than on the right.
Sure, there are plenty of politically left wing business owners, and I'm just as critical of them as I am of their rightwing brethren.
What's wrong with raising wages when wages have been static for decades, while the price of goods and services has been skyrocketing with corporate profits? Why can't the business community just avoid their impulse for greed and not raise prices when they could be providing workers with a living wage? Business people would still make money, just not ungodly amounts. The whole matter is allowing labor a voice again, making them a partner with business in economic growth, as they had been in the heydays of labor unions. Want to end dependency on the government? Then business people of all political stripes should raise wages, and even lower costs. But last I checked, the pro-business community is fanatically opposed to organized labor. So, yes, it's the left who does care about poverty, and lifting people into the middle class.
As for that studio apartment - - greedy management companies are outpricing people's ability to pay for any sort of housing. And middle class people have displayed their prejudice regarding building low income housing in their neighborhoods.

I already explained the problem with raising wages. I've been a security guard most of my life. So I know all about low wages. Although I'm now making what skilled labor used to make. And big whoop. I'm also paying the same money for a fast food meal, that I used to pay for a meal in a real restaurant. The more my wages go up, the more the price of everything I buy goes up, to even the playing field. It's making the cost of living worse for me, rather than better. My company joined a union too. Now I get union dues taken out of my paycheck and receive annoying junk mail, email spam and texts from the union. Whoopty doo. What part of the left calling the shots are just as rich and greedy don't you get? The only democat I know of who's been the real deal when it comes to caring for the poor is Jimmy Cater. Obama? He lives on a gigantic seaside estate. The Clintons? LOL. Schumer, Pelosi and the rest? Mansions, private jets and limousines. Are Musk, Bezos, Gates and Zuckerberg right wingers? Nope. I can't believe you fall for and promote the lie that only right wingers are the rich and greedy ones.

The key to economic despair still lies with the business community. When I was a kid, my dad had a unionized, high paying blue collar job with benefits in an aluminum plant. My mom didn't have to work, and I was spoiled senseless. No one can tell me that was detrimental to anybody. Things changed with Reagan and his voodoo economics, where working class families like mine started losing ground when organized labor was cracked down on, and business began making obscene amounts of money without contributing any longer to the general good of the country. As I said before, business could still make money while paying a living wage, they just don't need to see greed and selfishness as virtues.
As Cyberdad has pointed out, we've strayed far from the topic. We've also strayed far from the role of Christianity. I'll point out that not all church bodies are of equal worth. Evangelicals have demonstrated that by selling their souls to the secular right for the sake of political influence. But that's just me, as I'm prejudiced in favor of doctrinally oriented, staid, liturgical, mainline Protestantism.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 4:28 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
The key to economic despair still lies with the business community. When I was a kid, my dad had a unionized, high paying blue collar job with benefits in an aluminum plant. My mom didn't have to work, and I was spoiled senseless. No one can tell me that was detrimental to anybody. Things changed with Reagan and his voodoo economics, where working class families like mine started losing ground when organized labor was cracked down on, and business began making obscene amounts of money without contributing any longer to the general good of the country. As I said before, business could still make money while paying a living wage, they just don't need to see greed and selfishness as virtues.
As Cyberdad has pointed out, we've strayed far from the topic. We've also strayed far from the role of Christianity. I'll point out that not all church bodies are of equal worth. Evangelicals have demonstrated that by selling their souls to the secular right for the sake of political influence. But that's just me, as I'm prejudiced in favor of doctrinally oriented, staid, liturgical, mainline Protestantism.

Personal experiences are very subjective. For example Obamacare destroyed the excellent healthcare plan I had for 18 years. And I ended up having to go without healthcare for 5 years because I couldn't afford the worthless plan that took its place. And then I got penalized $600 a year on top of that. You know who fixed that for me? Trump, that's who. Plus I got those stimulus checks which compensated me. And my taxes went way down. So coincidence or not, I did much better under Trump than Obama. Since Biden, everything has gone to hell in a handbasket for all us working class. Anyways, I don't see any indication the left is any less greedy and selfish than the right. As far as Christianity goes, you seem more into secularism than what you're describing. You should check out Lutheran pastor Jordan Cooper's book on Christification.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 5:15 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Personal experiences are very subjective. For example Obamacare destroyed the excellent healthcare plan I had for 18 years. And I ended up having to go without healthcare for 5 years because I couldn't afford the worthless plan that took its place. And then I got penalized $600 a year on top of that. You know who fixed that for me? Trump, that's who. Plus I got those stimulus checks which compensated me. And my taxes went way down. So coincidence or not, I did much better under Trump than Obama. Since Biden, everything has gone to hell in a handbasket for all us working class. Anyways, I don't see any indication the left is any less greedy and selfish than the right. As far as Christianity goes, you seem more into secularism than what you're describing. You should check out Lutheran pastor Jordan Cooper's book on Christification.

I am a Lutheran. Missouri Synod to be exact. Lutheranism teaches the theology of the two kingdoms - heavenly and secular - both of which are under God's rule, but essentially is separate.
Well, I'm sorry your experience hadn't been as beneficial as mine had been under Obama and the ACA.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 5:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I am a Lutheran. Missouri Synod to be exact. Lutheranism teaches the theology of the two kingdoms - heavenly and secular - both of which are under God's rule, but essentially is separate.
Well, I'm sorry your experience hadn't been as beneficial as mine had been under Obama and the ACA.

Missouri Synod? Sounds like some kinda cult. Just kidding. I'm familiar with LCMS and Confessional Lutheranism. That's why I recommend Jordan Cooper's book on Christification.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 10:32 am

He is a common example of where having privileges of being a entertainment star is detrimental to the star. A non star doing would this not have their manic episodes pandered to. They would be asked strongly to take their meds and maybe put in a psych ward, not given a platform on a popular cable news program.

He got that platform because he is a MAGA. If he was a BLM supporter he would be excused(it is his mental illness talking, he is a person of color venting) by many of the same people expressing outrage now.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 11:01 am

Most of this strikes me as tabloidesque sensationalism. More much ado over nothing. Reminds me of all the sensationalism over the bizarre antics of Justin Bieber, Charlie Sheen, Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan etc. Remember the big deal over Joaquin Phoenix, with a very concerned Dr. Drew diagnosing him having serious problems etc? And it all turned out to literally be an act he was putting on for the 2010 movie "I'm Still Here"? Eventually it's going to be Kanye who? For many like me, that's all it's ever been.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 11:47 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Most of this strikes me as tabloidesque sensationalism. More much ado over nothing. Reminds me of all the sensationalism over the bizarre antics of Justin Bieber, Charlie Sheen, Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan etc. Remember the big deal over Joaquin Phoenix, with a very concerned Dr. Drew diagnosing him having serious problems etc? And it all turned out to literally be an act he was putting on for the 2010 movie "I'm Still Here"? Eventually it's going to be Kanye who? For many like me, that's all it's ever been.

better then thinking about nuclear annihilation, something else we have no control over.

For whatever reason people listen to celebrities so public celebrity bigotry might have some negative effects on the group bigoted things were said against. I this case Kanye is probably too over the top for that to happen, but in this world who knows.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 11:52 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

better then thinking about nuclear annihilation, something else we have no control over.

For whatever reason people listen to celebrities so public celebrity bigotry might have some negative effects on the group bigoted things were said against. I this case Kanye is probably too over the top for that to happen, but in this world who knows.

I'm no one to talk. I literally know next to nothing about him.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 5:16 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Missouri Synod? Sounds like some kinda cult. Just kidding. I'm familiar with LCMS and Confessional Lutheranism. That's why I recommend Jordan Cooper's book on Christification.

No cult, just a conservative mainline denomination.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 8:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

No cult, just a conservative mainline denomination.

Did you not read the rest of my post?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 5:31 am

I always thought that Kanye West was a pretty decent guy.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 5:31 pm

Kanye West Doubles Down on Antisemitic Tropes, Rejects Invitation to Holocaust Museum ‘I want you to visit Planned Parenthood. That’s our Holocaust’

Quote:
Kanye West rejected an invitation from the Holocaust Museum in Los Angeles following his antisemitic rants of the past several days, doubling down on his recent anti-Jewish tropes and conspiracy theories.

“I want you to visit Planned Parenthood. That’s our Holocaust museum,” the rapper told the Drink Champs podcast, echoing one of his unaired comments from Tucker Carlson’s Fox New interview where he said “known eugenics” Margaret Sanger founded Planned Parenthood alongside the Ku Klux Klan “to control the Jew population.”

West noted that his outbursts came after Dov Charney, the Jewish founder of Los Angeles Apparel, would not release his “White Lives Matter” t-shirt widely condemned as racist, though West said “it’s because he’s Jewish.” West would later say: “Don’t say ‘f**k Black Lives Matter’ or you will be cancelled by the Jewish media.”

“They been f*****g with me for too long. They put the crazy narrative out there. My Jewish trainer put when I went to the hospital in the press,” West said, referring to his 2016 hospitalization after a manic episode.

This is my exact point: Jewish people have owned the Black voice, whether it’s through us wearing a Ralph Lauren shirt or all of us being signed to a record label or having a Jewish manager or being signed to a Jewish basketball team or doing a movie on a Jewish platform like Disney,” West said, offering a number of antisemitic tropes.

“I respect what the Jewish people have done and how they brought their people together,” West said. “They came into money through the lawyers after Wall Street, when all of the Catholics – they wouldn’t divorce people so the Jewish lawyers came and they were willing to divorce people, that’s when they first came into the money.”

“With the darker Jews – the 12 lost tribes of Israel, who we are because we’re Jewish also, we’re from Africa also, we’re the blood of Christ. We're not just black, we are Jew just like the Jewish people, and now we're coming into money,” West added, noting the existence of so-called “Jewish business secrets.”

The American Jewish Committee condemned the podcast, its host N.O.R.E. and Revolt TV for platforming West, saying they “proudly touted Kanye’s interview with no condemnation of his antisemitism. Besides the comments themselves, the problem with Kanye’s open antisemitism is the fact that these people and platforms continue to give him the chance to spew hatred.”

“Platforms like Revolt TV cannot shirk their responsibility for the content that they produce and air without commentary. Choosing to allow Kanye to spew antisemitic hatred, even after he threatened all Jewish people, is despicable. Enough,” the AJC added.

Democratic members of Congress and Jewish establishment organizations roundly condemned West after his rants, though conservative pundits have attempted to defend West to varying degrees.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 7:06 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

He got that platform because he is a MAGA. If he was a BLM supporter he would be excused(it is his mental illness talking, he is a person of color venting) by many of the same people expressing outrage now.

QFT