Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 2:23 pm

Jakki wrote:
Uhm.. if that woman were my waitress and she looked like that and expressed an opinion like that , I would possibly leave her one penny as a tip . :? .

You are generous. :D

See a penny, pick it up and then all day you have a penny.

I think the lady is too young to know what life is about yet. Give her another ten to twenty years and she will sober up! Nice to be young and stupid! Haha!

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 08 Nov 2022, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 2:25 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Uhm.. if that woman were my waitress and she looked like that and expressed an opinion like that , I would possibly leave her one penny as a tip . :? .

You are generous.

I agree even a penny is too generous.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 2:38 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Jakki wrote:

You are generous.

I agree even a penny is too generous.

She is young isn't she! HAHA! Just out of nappies!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 3:11 pm

She looks like a teen honestly. Maybe a young adult or is at least 18. Seems like anyone who has this delusional mindset tend to be teens or young adults. They think anyone can just get famous or think it's easy money to make. They see urban explorer on youtube and they seem rich because they travel to take a video of an abandoned place and think that anyone can just make a living off of it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 3:31 pm

I think people missed the point of the post.

She's playing to her own stereotype. Her prior followers on Tik tok and instragram were about 2500. Probably enough to keep her casually employed but nothing to write home about.

She made the video knowing she sounded horribly vain and self-absorbed but would create attention for herself

The tik tok video went viral attracting > 10 million views

She will likely milk that attention from new "simps" who will make her channel financially lucrative

So on the one hand she's made clever use of social media (good marketing strategy). On the other hand she is only reinforcing how shallow this current generation is to be spending 7-8hrs a day staring at the phones/devices scrolling through social media feed for self-stimulation

The men who pay this girl money so they can have a "virtual relationship" on twitch or some other streaming service know what they are doing, She is a modern day content creator. It's a job.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 3:36 pm

There you went and took all the fun outta this thread .. :(

where ever you go ,there you are

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 3:39 pm

Jakki wrote:
There you went and took all the fun outta this thread .. :(

Who said that? I still want give her a smack (as probably do many of her fans)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 3:57 pm

:D :D :D :D Lolz.. will be in line behind you to apply extra smacking to her attitude. :mrgreen:

where ever you go ,there you are

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 4:08 pm

Looks fade , she better invest wisely or have a second plan.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 8:40 pm

Talk about having tickets on herself.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 9:25 pm

Is that ten million TikTok likes actually turning into meaningful $$?

If so is she living a minimalist / spartan life and putting away most of her income in a mutual fund or actively managing investments on Forex or Binance?

She could do it if she wanted to, just not convinced - stated that way - that she's actually serious about being set up well enough to retire by 30. Maybe she is, just that if she is I don't get any of that from the OP, rather she just sounds like the apotheosis of trendiness and 'this weeks flavor', showing the Kanye and Belle Delphine knack for turning outrage into cash, which would mean her borrowed fifteen minutes of fame are probably running out - unless she has some profound talents that would... well... have already vaulted her into a position where being a TikTok influencer probably wouldn't be what she's known for.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Last edited by techstepgenr8tion on 08 Nov 2022, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 9:28 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I think people missed the point of the post.

She's playing to her own stereotype. Her prior followers on Tik tok and instragram were about 2500. Probably enough to keep her casually employed but nothing to write home about.

She made the video knowing she sounded horribly vain and self-absorbed but would create attention for herself

The tik tok video went viral attracting > 10 million views

She will likely milk that attention from new "simps" who will make her channel financially lucrative

So on the one hand she's made clever use of social media (good marketing strategy). On the other hand she is only reinforcing how shallow this current generation is to be spending 7-8hrs a day staring at the phones/devices scrolling through social media feed for self-stimulation

The men who pay this girl money so they can have a "virtual relationship" on twitch or some other streaming service know what they are doing, She is a modern day content creator. It's a job.

Yes, that's why I said it's shameless self-promotion to put out the statement about being pretty.
Who goes around telling people they think they're beautiful?
It was clever marketing.
Even though she's no stunner, people might keep watching to see what idiocy she spouts next.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 3:13 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Even though she's no stunner, people might keep watching to see what idiocy she spouts next.

And that's the point. She's not a runway model but then neither was Kim K. It's about maximising your limited assets (pardon the pun) using other strategies. Kim K leaked pictures. This girl particular girl leaked her inner thoughts.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 3:23 am

Misslizard wrote:
Looks fade , she better invest wisely or have a second plan.

Exactly. Stuff like this is never a viable long term plan. Once everything starts to go south and all she has on her CV is "simp magnet" then she'll be in trouble.

Myself personally? I have zero tolerance for people like her. After a lifetime of being belittled and infantalised, I have a tendancy to pester arrogant and self-absorbed people when their game is finally up.

I'm sure I'm far from alone in having the same attitude.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 10:51 am

Lots of attractive people have left ordinary jobs for a career as an influencer. But, most of the ones that I follow say it's very hard work coming up with new content to keep followers engaged. So, if she's thinking that her looks will automatically be her ticket to the free and easy lifestyle, she's just lazy. By that logic someone could say they're too ugly to work. I know some really unconventional looking individuals who end up being the best, most easy people to like simply by their willingness to help. Looking pretty is just a tool, but it won't get you anywhere without a willingness to work.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2022, 10:55 am

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

And that's the point. She's not a runway model but then neither was Kim K. It's about maximising your limited assets (pardon the pun) using other strategies. Kim K leaked pictures. This girl particular girl leaked her inner thoughts.

I agree.
We can't assume she's stupid or has no skills just because of this choice.
For all we know she's very well-educated but gave up looking for entry-level jobs.
I hope she has a brain to fall back on.