Page 7 of 12 [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2023, 11:26 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
^thats not what the bolded text says nor what happened.

The results were already archived.
There was no possibility of overthrowing the results.
Had Pence acted the way Trump wanted, it would have only DEEELAAAYED the ratification process.
Are we klear now? :wink:

Have you read the bolded text? Have you seen any news about this for the last couple years?

I have seen left-wing propaganda, yes.

goldfish21 wrote:
trump wasn't trying to delay the certification for a few minutes. he was trying to block it and install himself as un-elected dictator.

No offence, but "rubbish". :wink:

goldfish21 wrote:
Hence the bolded words and their definitions - accurately describing what happened regardless of what alternate reality you're trying to pitch here.

You are entitled to your opinion...
And so am I. ;)
"Let us agree to disagree."

No.

That's not how facts vs. fiction works.

I've posted facts, you're posting nonsense fiction.

Grow up.

Did not.
I have my own reliable sources.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2023, 11:38 am

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
No.

Grow up.

Did not.

There is no such thing as a different set of facts. Lies on social media and TV aren't reliable sources. Testimony under oath from all of these key players is actual fact. There is no agreeing to disagree on what facts vs. fiction are, so, No.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2023, 12:07 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
No.

Grow up.

Did not.

There is no such thing as a different set of facts. Lies on social media and TV aren't reliable sources. Testimony under oath from all of these key players is actual fact. There is no agreeing to disagree on what facts vs. fiction are, so, No.

What you see as FACTS is often simply propaganda, sorry.

Think me a fool if you like, but you can't change my mind on this. ;)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2023, 9:07 pm

DOJ finds ‘insider witness’ in Trump Mar-a-Lago documents probe: report

Quote:
The Justice Department has found an “insider witness” as investigators probe former President Trump’s handling of classified documents, according to a new report.

The New York Times, citing people familiar with the matter, reported that the unidentified person now cooperating confidentially with the investigation has worked for Trump at Mar-a-Lago.

According to the report, the scope of the insider witness’s cooperation is not yet clear, nor is the timeline, but the witness reportedly gave investigators a picture of the storage room where some materials were held.

The investigation, led by Special Counsel Jack Smith, has shown signs of intensifying. The new insider witness, the Times reports, appears as part of a broader effort to figure out whether Trump personally ordered boxes of the sensitive material to be moved out of the storage room.
Investigators are looking into whether Trump failed or refused to comply with government requests for certain records to be returned after the end of his presidency, as is required under the Presidential Records Act.

The Times also reported that “nearly everyone” who works at Mar-a-Lago has been subpoenaed in the probe.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 1:27 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:
The Justice Department has found an “insider witness” as investigators probe former President Trump’s handling of classified documents, according to a new report.

The New York Times, citing people familiar with the matter, reported that the unidentified person now cooperating confidentially with the investigation has worked for Trump at Mar-a-Lago.

According to the report, the scope of the insider witness’s cooperation is not yet clear, nor is the timeline, but the witness reportedly gave investigators a picture of the storage room where some materials were held.

The investigation, led by Special Counsel Jack Smith, has shown signs of intensifying. The new insider witness, the Times reports, appears as part of a broader effort to figure out whether Trump personally ordered boxes of the sensitive material to be moved out of the storage room.
Investigators are looking into whether Trump failed or refused to comply with government requests for certain records to be returned after the end of his presidency, as is required under the Presidential Records Act.

The Times also reported that “nearly everyone” who works at Mar-a-Lago has been subpoenaed in the probe.

Every man and his dog has ignored the procedure.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 11:41 am

Pepe wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

But only one dumb orange f**k ignored a subpoena to return all the documents he stole, then moved them around, concealed them, lied about having returned them all and further obstructed their return.

That’s the difference.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 12:42 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

But only one dumb orange f**k ignored a subpoena to return all the documents he stole, then moved them around, concealed them, lied about having returned them all and further obstructed their return.

That’s the difference.

Biden, having taken them, also, destroyed any legitimate righteous outrage and labelled him a hypocrite, however.
THE END. :mrgreen:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 1:46 am

Wut? :?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 3:27 am

goldfish21 wrote:

:silent:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 1:57 pm

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

:silent:

:roll:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2023, 2:35 pm

Trump's comments on Mar-a-Lago documents 'like red meat to a prosecutor'

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump’s comments Wednesday night about his handling of classified documents appeared to contradict statements by his lawyers, and provide potentially important evidence for federal prosecutors investigating whether to charge him with a crime, legal experts say.

Trump’s lawyers told Congress last month that the classified documents found at his Mar-a-Lago compound got there by accident. But when questioned about the issue at a CNN town hall, Trump said he had “every right” to take them from the White House.

“I didn’t make a secret of it,” he said. “You know, the boxes were stationed outside the White House, people were taking pictures of it.”

He said he didn’t recall having shown secret material to others, which is a key question prosecutors would want to answer. Disclosing classified material to people not authorized to receive it is a crime punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

Asked if he showed classified documents to others, he answered, “Not really…I would have the right to,” later adding, “not that I can think of.”

“Trump’s comments hurt him, and what he said is significant,” said John Fishwick, a former U.S. attorney for the Western District of Virginia who was appointed during the Obama administration.

“Not only do they contradict his legal position, he admits to possession and knowledge of classified documents that he is taking from the White House. Jack Smith will make good use of last night’s town hall and it will help him button up his case.”

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 9:28 pm

New evidence in special counsel probe may undercut Trump’s claim documents he took were automatically declassified

Quote:
The National Archives has informed former President Donald Trump that it is set to hand over to special counsel Jack Smith 16 records that show Trump and his top advisers had knowledge of the correct declassification process while he was president, according to multiple sources.

In a May 16 letter obtained by CNN, acting Archivist Debra Steidel Wall writes to Trump, “The 16 records in question all reflect communications involving close presidential advisers, some of them directed to you personally, concerning whether, why, and how you should declassify certain classified records.”

The 16 presidential records, which were subpoenaed earlier this year, may provide critical evidence establishing the former president’s awareness of the declassification process, a key part of the criminal investigation into Trump’s mishandling of classified documents.

The records may also provide insight into Trump’s intent and whether he willfully disregarded what he knew to be clearly established protocols, according to a source familiar with recent testimony provided to the grand jury by former top Trump officials.

Trump and his allies have insisted that as president, Trump did not have to follow a specific process to declassify documents. At a CNN town hall last week Trump repeated the claim that simply by removing classified documents from the White House he had declassified them. “And, by the way, they become automatically declassified when I took them,” Trump said.

According to the letter, Trump tried to block the special counsel from accessing the 16 records by asserting a claim of “constitutionally based privilege.” But in her letter, Wall rejects that claim, stating that the special counsel’s office has represented that it “is prepared to demonstrate with specificity to a court, why it is likely that the 16 records contain evidence that would be important to the grand jury’s investigation.”

The special counsel also told the Archives that the evidence is “not practically available from another source.”

The letter goes on to state that the records will be handed over on May 24, 2023 “unless prohibited by an intervening court order.”

A source close to Trump’s legal team told CNN that the former president has received several letters like this from the Archives over the course of the investigation.

Trump’s team may challenge this in court, this person said, but claimed in the past the Archives has handed over documents before the Trump team has had a chance to challenge the release in court.

Trump’s legal team would not reveal what was in the 16 records, but the source said the former president’s attempt to block the special counsel from accessing them is “more of a strategic fight about constitutional and presidential protections rather than keeping evidence from the special counsel.”

The special counsel’s office and the Archives declined to comment.

Jim Trusty, an attorney for Trump in the classified documents case, told CNN that the former president relied on constitutional authority to take the documents to Mar-a-Lago.

“At the end of his presidency, he relied on the constitutional authority as commander-in-chief, which is to take documents and take them to Mar-a-Lago while still president as he was at the time, and to effectively declassify and personalize them,” Trusty told CNN’s Sara Sidner of the former president. “He talked about declassifying them, but he didn’t need to.”

Last year, after the FBI seized classified and top secret documents from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort, the former president and his allies claimed that Trump had a “standing order” to declassify documents he took from the Oval Office to the White House residence.

But 18 former top Trump administration officials said they never heard any such order issued during their time working for Trump, telling CNN that the claim was “ludicrous” “ridiculous,” and a “complete fiction.”

NARA’s letter to Trump comes amid a flurry of activity by Smith’s team, including grand jury appearances by former national security officials who testified that they told Trump there was a process for a president to declassify material, according to a source familiar with the matter.

The 16 records may help federal investigators overcome a significant obstacle to a potential prosecution of the former president. While presidents have ultimate declassification authority, the limits of that authority haven’t been tested in the courts.

That means the various claims by Trump and his allies that he declassified material without going through the standard process cannot be completely dismissed by the Justice Department.

In her letter, Wall says that NARA began searching for relevant records after receiving a subpoena from Smith’s team on Jan. 23, 2023. The Archives found 104 unclassified documents that matched what federal prosecutors had requested.

When notified that NARA intended to provide those documents to the grand jury, Trump’s legal team raised privilege concerns over 81 of those records. The Biden White House was also notified but told NARA the incumbent president would not assert privilege to block those records from being shared with the grand jury.

The special counsel was also given access to other records not challenged by the Trump team.

Ultimately, the special counsel identified the 16 records in question as relevant to the grand jury investigation.

In the CNN town hall last week, Trump misrepresented the Presidential Records Act, falsely claiming that he was “allowed” to take documents when he left office.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 9:42 pm

Well, this is awesome. :lol:

:ketchup chips:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 9:39 am

Fixed Link:
New evidence in special counsel probe may undercut Trump’s claim documents he took were automatically declassified

Quote:
The National Archives has informed former President Donald Trump that it is set to hand over to special counsel Jack Smith 16 records that show Trump and his top advisers had knowledge of the correct declassification process while he was president, according to multiple sources.

In a May 16 letter obtained by CNN, acting Archivist Debra Steidel Wall writes to Trump, “The 16 records in question all reflect communications involving close presidential advisers, some of them directed to you personally, concerning whether, why, and how you should declassify certain classified records.”

The 16 presidential records, which were subpoenaed earlier this year, may provide critical evidence establishing the former president’s awareness of the declassification process, a key part of the criminal investigation into Trump’s mishandling of classified documents.

The records may also provide insight into Trump’s intent and whether he willfully disregarded what he knew to be clearly established protocols, according to a source familiar with recent testimony provided to the grand jury by former top Trump officials.

Trump and his allies have insisted that as president, Trump did not have to follow a specific process to declassify documents. At a CNN town hall last week Trump repeated the claim that simply by removing classified documents from the White House he had declassified them. “And, by the way, they become automatically declassified when I took them,” Trump said.

According to the letter, Trump tried to block the special counsel from accessing the 16 records by asserting a claim of “constitutionally based privilege.” But in her letter, Wall rejects that claim, stating that the special counsel’s office has represented that it “is prepared to demonstrate with specificity to a court, why it is likely that the 16 records contain evidence that would be important to the grand jury’s investigation.”

The special counsel also told the Archives that the evidence is “not practically available from another source.”

The letter goes on to state that the records will be handed over on May 24, 2023 “unless prohibited by an intervening court order.”

A source close to Trump’s legal team told CNN that the former president has received several letters like this from the Archives over the course of the investigation.

Trump’s team may challenge this in court, this person said, but claimed in the past the Archives has handed over documents before the Trump team has had a chance to challenge the release in court.

Trump’s legal team would not reveal what was in the 16 records, but the source said the former president’s attempt to block the special counsel from accessing them is “more of a strategic fight about constitutional and presidential protections rather than keeping evidence from the special counsel.”

The special counsel’s office and the Archives declined to comment.

Jim Trusty, an attorney for Trump in the classified documents case, told CNN that the former president relied on constitutional authority to take the documents to Mar-a-Lago.

“At the end of his presidency, he relied on the constitutional authority as commander-in-chief, which is to take documents and take them to Mar-a-Lago while still president as he was at the time, and to effectively declassify and personalize them,” Trusty told CNN’s Sara Sidner of the former president. “He talked about declassifying them, but he didn’t need to.”

Last year, after the FBI seized classified and top secret documents from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort, the former president and his allies claimed that Trump had a “standing order” to declassify documents he took from the Oval Office to the White House residence.

But 18 former top Trump administration officials said they never heard any such order issued during their time working for Trump, telling CNN that the claim was “ludicrous” “ridiculous,” and a “complete fiction.”

NARA’s letter to Trump comes amid a flurry of activity by Smith’s team, including grand jury appearances by former national security officials who testified that they told Trump there was a process for a president to declassify material, according to a source familiar with the matter.

The 16 records may help federal investigators overcome a significant obstacle to a potential prosecution of the former president. While presidents have ultimate declassification authority, the limits of that authority haven’t been tested in the courts.

That means the various claims by Trump and his allies that he declassified material without going through the standard process cannot be completely dismissed by the Justice Department.

In her letter, Wall says that NARA began searching for relevant records after receiving a subpoena from Smith’s team on Jan. 23, 2023. The Archives found 104 unclassified documents that matched what federal prosecutors had requested.

When notified that NARA intended to provide those documents to the grand jury, Trump’s legal team raised privilege concerns over 81 of those records. The Biden White House was also notified but told NARA the incumbent president would not assert privilege to block those records from being shared with the grand jury.

The special counsel was also given access to other records not challenged by the Trump team.

Ultimately, the special counsel identified the 16 records in question as relevant to the grand jury investigation.

In the CNN town hall last week, Trump misrepresented the Presidential Records Act, falsely claiming that he was “allowed” to take documents when he left office.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 11:17 am

^double post.. maybe I should get some double ridged or double flavoured ketchup chips to celebrate all of this American news? :D

Maybe once I’m leaving the house at all again I’ll pick up some of the store brand “rustic tomato ketchup chips,” I think they were called from rexall drugs - they gotta be 100% artificial simulated flavourings But they were Very Good! And with all the attention grabbing headlines out of the USA for the last handful of years I’ve tried nearly every variety of ketchup chips available.

Except I don’t think I’ve tried the Doritos ones that I can recall. One of my brothers says those are his favourite. I bet those are far more toxic than the drugstore brand that at least tastes a bit like fresh bruschetta to me.

Oh, also, on topic: with how many times trump and his legal team have incriminated themselves in public there’s little wonder how things are going to turn out in most of these cases. He’s going down. May as well just compare notes on ketchup chips while we watch that orange turd circling the drain.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 10:44 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
^double post.. maybe I should get some double ridged or double flavoured ketchup chips to celebrate all of this American news? :D

Maybe once I’m leaving the house at all again I’ll pick up some of the store brand “rustic tomato ketchup chips,” I think they were called from rexall drugs - they gotta be 100% artificial simulated flavourings But they were Very Good! And with all the attention grabbing headlines out of the USA for the last handful of years I’ve tried nearly every variety of ketchup chips available.

Except I don’t think I’ve tried the Doritos ones that I can recall. One of my brothers says those are his favourite. I bet those are far more toxic than the drugstore brand that at least tastes a bit like fresh bruschetta to me.

If you keep on eating those foods you are going to start looking like Trump. Can't be good for your gut.