Page 6 of 12 [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 1:50 am

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Biased? Informed vs. intentionally ignorant by refusing to learn anything about what really happened. Watch the J6 hearings and inform yourself vs. take my word. This was a failed coup.

I watched the drama unfold.
You do realise I am entitled to have my own opinion, right?

And consider:
I am not a hyperpartisan.
I have no allegiance to either side.
I try to maintain an objective mindset with the intention of seeking the Truth.
I am sure you will respect my position here...
Erm... :scratch: :mrgreen:

Have you ever supported a right-wing policy?
If so, I may have missed it.
I, on the other hand, have agreed with policies on either side of the political divide.
I view each situation independently rather than following a political narrative. 8)

Yes, I am sure I will be "ruffling a few feathers" with this post. ;)

We're not debating policies.
You're denying that trump and his goons attempted a coup and that's what actually happened.

It was a riot, as were the BLM riots.
Opinion mine.

"Let us agree to disagree."

You're ignoring all the components of trump's attempted coup besides the morons that broke into the capitol building and tried to hang mike pence.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ill-457549

Even this article, published 5 days after the event, that doesn't include all of the information available to us today called it correctly as a coup attempt.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 1:54 am

Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Biased? Informed vs. intentionally ignorant by refusing to learn anything about what really happened. Watch the J6 hearings and inform yourself vs. take my word. This was a failed coup.
Apply the Coup Test: "If it looks like a coup, riots like a coup, and screams like a coup, then it probably is a coup."

The only thing that would disqualify the activities of Trump's followers on 2020-01-06 as a coup is the fact that it failed.

I explained to you why there was never going to be a coup.
You would need the army to get involved, and we all know Trump NEVER had the support of the army.
Even the commander-in-chief rang his Chinese counterpart and told him that he would not respect any Trumpian military madness when he was President.

Overwhelmingly, the protestors on 1/6 just came for "the party" and were shocked that it turned into a riot.
Republicans are Ammmerian citizens, not terrorists, not to say there aren't miscreants, but you find them on the left also.
There were even antifa infiltrators agitating at the time.
Quote:
Email
New York Post
Two known Antifa members posed as pro-Trump to infiltrate Capitol riot: sources

https://nypost.com/2021/01/07/known-ant ... t-sources/

Please, no left-wing fact-checking. ;)
To suggest there were no ppl on the political left there is an overreach.

Remember this guy:
Quote:
While a number of criminal charges have been brought forward against Trump supporters and far-right extremists, Sullivan is believed to be the first Capitol suspect to hold liberal views.

A second attempt at a demonstration never eventuated, presumably because Republicans overwhelmingly weren't interested in the previous nonsense.
Trump lost enormous support after the Capitol Hill fiasco, and so he should have.

I am sure you will agree that we are all entitled to have and express our own opinion. ;)

You are consuming propaganda, not information.

They didn't show up for a party or to tour the capitol building. They should up with weapons and body armour and attempted to overthrow the US gov't by force. That's why hundreds of them have been sentenced to jail and some of them have been convicted of seditious conspiracy for their organized efforts to attack the US gov't.

Almost all domestic terrorists in the USA are far right wing fringe lunatics. There is no "both sides do this stuff." It's typically white male christian right wing loonies that commit acts of political violence and/or domestic terrorism in the USA. Almost always with few exceptions.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 12:08 pm

Pepe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Apply the Coup Test: "If it looks like a coup, riots like a coup, and screams like a coup, then it probably is a coup."

The only thing that would disqualify the activities of Trump's followers on 2020-01-06 as a coup is the fact that it failed.

I explained to you why there was never going to be a coup.
You would need the army to get involved, and we all know Trump NEVER had the support of the army.
Even the commander-in-chief rang his Chinese counterpart and told him that he would not respect any Trumpian military madness when he was President.

Overwhelmingly, the protestors on 1/6 just came for "the party" and were shocked that it turned into a riot.
Republicans are Ammmerian citizens, not terrorists, not to say there aren't miscreants, but you find them on the left also.
There were even antifa infiltrators agitating at the time.
Quote:
Email
New York Post
Two known Antifa members posed as pro-Trump to infiltrate Capitol riot: sources

https://nypost.com/2021/01/07/known-ant ... t-sources/

Please, no left-wing fact-checking. ;)
To suggest there were no ppl on the political left there is an overreach.

Remember this guy:
Quote:
While a number of criminal charges have been brought forward against Trump supporters and far-right extremists, Sullivan is believed to be the first Capitol suspect to hold liberal views.

A second attempt at a demonstration never eventuated, presumably because Republicans overwhelmingly weren't interested in the previous nonsense.
Trump lost enormous support after the Capitol Hill fiasco, and so he should have.

I am sure you will agree that we are all entitled to have and express our own opinion. ;)

It was an attempted coup because it was an organized attempt to illegally install Trump for a second term. That most of the protesters that day were peaceful that don’t matter, that the military was not involved does not matter, that it was poorly thought out does not matter, all that matters is that it was an organized attempt illegally install Trump.

If the MAGA coup organizers had no chance the apparent handful of Antifa people there apparently trying to make the MAGA’s look bad made 1/6 look like the most competent coup plotters in history. For one thing the MAGA’s did need any help in looking bad. The apparent Antifa false flaggers were caught because they stuck out like Wrong Planet members at convention of extreme neurotypicals.

The whole it 1/6 was an Antifa false flag is the most lame attempt at whataboutism I have ever heard.

The reason there has been no second riot/coup/insurrection is because most of those that would be involved have been arrested, convicted or fear being arrested and convicted. Law and Order baby.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2023, 12:33 pm

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I watched the drama unfold.
You do realise I am entitled to have my own opinion, right?

And consider:
I am not a hyperpartisan.
I have no allegiance to either side.
I try to maintain an objective mindset with the intention of seeking the Truth.
I am sure you will respect my position here...
Erm... :scratch: :mrgreen:

Have you ever supported a right-wing policy?
If so, I may have missed it.
I, on the other hand, have agreed with policies on either side of the political divide.
I view each situation independently rather than following a political narrative. 8)

Yes, I am sure I will be "ruffling a few feathers" with this post. ;)

We're not debating policies.
You're denying that trump and his goons attempted a coup and that's what actually happened.

It was a riot, as were the BLM riots.
Opinion mine.

Riots can be components of something bigger. In the case of the BLM riots it was an important part of an attempt at an ideological revolution to change the basic understanding of the defining features of America. They were at least partially successful.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2023, 12:06 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

It was an attempted coup because it was an organized attempt to illegally install Trump for a second term. That most of the protesters that day were peaceful that don’t matter, that the military was not involved does not matter, that it was poorly thought out does not matter, all that matters is that it was an organized attempt illegally install Trump.

"Read my lips."
Stopping the ratification of Biden as President would have only DELAYED the process.
Ppl in Trump's own group was horrified by what Trump's 'brain fart' was doing.
His own daughter was desperately trying to get Trump to call for the demonstration to end.
Eventually, he did.
The "Buffalo Man" relayed that to the crowd.

There was no unity in the Trump political circle.
There may have been extremists egging ppl on, but that happens on BOTH sides.

[opinion mine] 8)

There is no point in continuing with this discussion.
We have hit an impasse.
"Let us agree to disagree." 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2023, 12:08 am

goldfish21 wrote:

They didn't show up for a party or to tour the capitol building. They should up with weapons and body armour and attempted to overthrow the US gov't by force. That's why hundreds of them have been sentenced to jail and some of them have been convicted of seditious conspiracy for their organized efforts to attack the US gov't.

Almost all domestic terrorists in the USA are far right wing fringe lunatics. There is no "both sides do this stuff." It's typically white male christian right wing loonies that commit acts of political violence and/or domestic terrorism in the USA. Almost always with few exceptions.

"Have a nice day." 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2023, 12:24 am

:roll:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2023, 8:54 pm

Appeals court rejects Trump’s effort to block Pence from testifying in Jan. 6 probe

Quote:
A federal appeals court Wednesday rejected Donald Trump’s attempt to block former Vice President Mike Pence from testifying before a federal grand jury that’s investigating the former president’s role in the Jan. 6 riot.

Trump can still appeal to the Supreme Court but has not indicated whether he will.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2023, 11:40 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Appeals court rejects Trump’s effort to block Pence from testifying in Jan. 6 probe
Quote:
A federal appeals court Wednesday rejected Donald Trump’s attempt to block former Vice President Mike Pence from testifying before a federal grand jury that’s investigating the former president’s role in the Jan. 6 riot.

Trump can still appeal to the Supreme Court but has not indicated whether he will.

:lmao:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2023, 5:30 pm

Pence testifies before federal grand jury investigating Trump's role in Jan. 6

Quote:
Former Vice President Mike Pence appeared Thursday before the federal grand jury convened as part of the special counsel investigation into former President Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn his 2020 election loss and remain in power, according to a source familiar with the matter.

The testimony is a significant development in the special counsel’s probe, as Pence could provide critical insights into Trump’s thinking in the days leading up to the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. The former vice president published a memoir and Wall Street Journal opinion article detailing several of his interactions with Trump, but some details were left vague. Special counsel Jack Smith’s team is particularly interested in Trump’s efforts to try to block the certification of the election, NBC News previously reported.

Pence's appearance came amid an increased security presence at the federal courthouse in Washington on Thursday. NBC News spotted multiple black SUVs with tinted windows entering the parking garage in the morning. Two black SUVs entered the courthouse garage at around 9 a.m., an entrance that would allow witnesses to head up to the grand jury rooms on the third floor without being seen in the public areas of the courthouse.

The SUVs left the courthouse at about 4:30 p.m.

When reporters asked Chief Judge James Boasberg, who oversees grand jury proceedings, what was happening, he demurred.

A spokesman for special counsel Jack Smith declined to comment.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2023, 10:59 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Pence testifies before federal grand jury investigating Trump's role in Jan. 6
Quote:
Former Vice President Mike Pence appeared Thursday before the federal grand jury convened as part of the special counsel investigation into former President Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn his 2020 election loss and remain in power, according to a source familiar with the matter.

The testimony is a significant development in the special counsel’s probe, as Pence could provide critical insights into Trump’s thinking in the days leading up to the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. The former vice president published a memoir and Wall Street Journal opinion article detailing several of his interactions with Trump, but some details were left vague. Special counsel Jack Smith’s team is particularly interested in Trump’s efforts to try to block the certification of the election, NBC News previously reported.

Pence's appearance came amid an increased security presence at the federal courthouse in Washington on Thursday. NBC News spotted multiple black SUVs with tinted windows entering the parking garage in the morning. Two black SUVs entered the courthouse garage at around 9 a.m., an entrance that would allow witnesses to head up to the grand jury rooms on the third floor without being seen in the public areas of the courthouse.

The SUVs left the courthouse at about 4:30 p.m.

When reporters asked Chief Judge James Boasberg, who oversees grand jury proceedings, what was happening, he demurred.

A spokesman for special counsel Jack Smith declined to comment.

He tried to DELAY the RATIFICATION process? :scratch:
"Interesting." 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2023, 11:10 pm

^thats not what the bolded text says nor what happened.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2023, 11:47 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

The results were already archived.
There was no possibility of overthrowing the results.
Had Pence acted the way Trump wanted, it would have only DEEELAAAYED the ratification process.
Are we klear now? :wink:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2023, 1:55 am

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Had Pence acted the way Trump wanted, it would have only DEEELAAAYED the ratification process.

Have you read the bolded text? Have you seen any news about this for the last couple years?

trump wasn't trying to delay the certification for a few minutes. he was trying to block it and install himself as un-elected dictator. Hence the bolded words and their definitions - accurately describing what happened regardless of what alternate reality you're trying to pitch here.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2023, 3:26 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Have you read the bolded text? Have you seen any news about this for the last couple years?

I have seen left-wing propaganda, yes.

goldfish21 wrote:
trump wasn't trying to delay the certification for a few minutes. he was trying to block it and install himself as un-elected dictator.

No offence, but "rubbish". :wink:

goldfish21 wrote:
Hence the bolded words and their definitions - accurately describing what happened regardless of what alternate reality you're trying to pitch here.

You are entitled to your opinion...
And so am I. ;)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2023, 11:23 am

Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I have seen left-wing propaganda, yes.

goldfish21 wrote:
trump wasn't trying to delay the certification for a few minutes. he was trying to block it and install himself as un-elected dictator.

No offence, but "rubbish". :wink:

goldfish21 wrote:
Hence the bolded words and their definitions - accurately describing what happened regardless of what alternate reality you're trying to pitch here.

You are entitled to your opinion...
And so am I. ;)

No.

That's not how facts vs. fiction works.

I've posted facts, you're posting nonsense fiction.

Grow up.